The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Show us your mods.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:35 AM
Reaction score
Added two sideboards from HGM-Rack last week for the Overland Fuel diesel tanks and on the other side the ladder for the RTT.

The sideboards are light and because it consists of one part, it is easy to install.

Mounted the ladder with clamps from Quick fist. They are very solid and recommended for installing items on your grenadier that come off more often.
looks good. how are you connecting those lights up on the rear tie down rails? Some cables look like they are on the other side to the ext roof DTP sockets and also going upwards?

tks in advance.

explorersoverland

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:35 AM
Reaction score
looks good. how are you connecting those lights up on the rear tie down rails? Some cables look like they are on the other side to the ext roof DTP sockets and also going upwards?

tks in advance.
The lights are connected via the DTP connections on the side where they are placed. The cable goes along the top and then connected to the lighting at the back. The cable then runs behind the pillar of the roof rack to the DTP connector so that you do not see the cable.

All 4 lights are connected to the EXT 3 switch.

The other cables (tie-wrapped) you see run inwards and are from the solar panel and the sockets in the RTT

Attachments

• IMG_0547.jpeg
    IMG_0547.jpeg
    236.7 KB · Views: 272

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:35 AM
Reaction score
The lights are connected via the DTP connections on the side where they are placed. The cable goes along the top and then connected to the lighting at the back. The cable then runs behind the pillar of the roof rack to the DTP connector so that you do not see the cable.

All 4 lights are connected to the EXT 3 switch.

The other cables (tie-wrapped) you see run inwards and are from the solar panel and the sockets in the RTT
excellent - thank you vm..

21DFND

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:35 PM
Reaction score
Led Light set up in rear cargo area. Used M6 captive nut clips to install the light strip

Attachments

• IMG_2462.jpg
    IMG_2462.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_2463.jpg
    IMG_2463.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_2464.jpg
    IMG_2464.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_2466.jpg
    IMG_2466.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_2465.jpg
    IMG_2465.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 258

minidok

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:35 AM
Reaction score
Added two sideboards from HGM-Rack last week for the Overland Fuel diesel tanks and on the other side the ladder for the RTT.

The sideboards are light and because it consists of one part, it is easy to install.

Mounted the ladder with clamps from Quick fist. They are very solid and recommended for installing items on your grenadier that come off more often.
Which working light have you chosen?

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thinking out loud about the Maxtrax… they are hanging off a Maxtrax rear wheel harness fitted to the ladder rather than the spare.

(holding out for a 6FT rack)

View attachment 7830337
Might try that. I have mine in the harness on the wheel but they make the rear vision even worse and I just noticed also obscure the high level brake light

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Might try that. I have mine in the harness on the wheel but they make the rear vision even worse and I just noticed also obscure the high level brake light
I was thinking I might relocate them to the wheel for the Simpson, after I’ve aired down etc (deflation kit is allocated to the wheel cubby). Will also add a cable lock and back-up ratchet strap around the whole box and dice. It’s pleasingly neat from side on and makes little difference to rear vision. It is a bit of a reach to release the door however.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was thinking I might relocate them to the wheel for the Simpson, after I’ve aired down etc (deflation kit is allocated to the wheel cubby). Will also add a cable lock and back-up ratchet strap around the whole box and dice. It’s pleasingly neat from side on and makes little difference to rear vision. It is a bit of a reach to release the door however.
Ah yes, I hadn’t thought of that. I have one of these locks on mine. Wouldn’t stop a determined or well equipped thief but good enough to stop a casual thief.
https://www.bunnings.com.au/master-...VLA17Bx29YR4eEAQYASABEgLBVPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Last edited:

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ah yes, I hadn’t thought of that. I have one of these locke on mine. Wouldn’t stop a determined or well equipped theif but good enough to stop a casual theif.
https://www.bunnings.com.au/master-...VLA17Bx29YR4eEAQYASABEgLBVPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
Yes, that also looks good for roof-mounted jerrys. As we’ll clearly have driven across Oz before interior/exterior fitout I’m doing my best to recycle/reuse. For the Americas I’m hoping to side-mount a couple of jerries (presently x4 in the rear loadspace) and have the Maxtrax on the roof.

All this a measure of how reluctant one is to purchase another Frontrunner rack, which would clearly be the easier option.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, that also looks good for roof-mounted jerrys. As we’ll clearly have driven across Oz before interior/exterior fitout I’m doing my best to recycle/reuse. For the Americas I’m hoping to side-mount a couple of jerries (presently x4 in the rear loadspace) and have the Maxtrax on the roof.

All this a measure of how reluctant one is to purchase another Frontrunner rack, which would clearly be the easier option.
FWIW: Through the local Ineos Agent/dealer, I purchased 2 sets of the "Ineos" RhinoRack roof bars. About half the price of the roof rack and half the weight (4 x 7kg = 28kg all up). The bars are the RhinoRack "Pioneer" bars- "industrial" in size and strength with slots on all four surfaces allowing multiple fixtures to be installed. By changing the number of bars on the roof to suit the "mission" and the distance between them, all sorts of different arrangements are possible.. e.g. different size baskets (or no basket) etc.
I set them in place on the garage floor approximating their relative position on the roof (supported up the middle by a couple of 2.7m lengths of 75 -35mm timber to stop them toppling). I was then able to put various item in place to gain the most efficient layout including weight distribution rather than trying to work it out "in situ" as is were.... Maxtrax, tent poles, light weight Oasis Trekka roof top tent, 3 x 20L squat Scepter fuel cans and a long handled shovel... and a 2.5m length of slotted (32mm) angle (Dexion) to which is clipped my 5kg DIY self supporting awning : 138k total.
Far more versatile than a standard roof rack.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
FWIW: Through the local Ineos Agent/dealer, I purchased 2 sets of the "Ineos" RhinoRack roof bars. About half the price of the roof rack and half the weight (4 x 7kg = 28kg all up). The bars are the RhinoRack "Pioneer" bars- "industrial" in size and strength with slots on all four surfaces allowing multiple fixtures to be installed. By changing the number of bars on the roof to suit the "mission" and the distance between them, all sorts of different arrangements are possible.. e.g. different size baskets (or no basket) etc.
I set them in place on the garage floor approximating their relative position on the roof (supported up the middle by a couple of 2.7m lengths of 75 -35mm timber to stop them toppling). I was then able to put various item in place to gain the most efficient layout including weight distribution rather than trying to work it out "in situ" as is were.... Maxtrax, tent poles, light weight Oasis Trekka roof top tent, 3 x 20L squat Scepter fuel cans and a long handled shovel... and a 2.5m length of slotted (32mm) angle (Dexion) to which is clipped my 5kg DIY self supporting awning : 138k total.
Far more versatile than a standard roof rack.
I was admiring @AnD3rew ’s setup with the bars, which looks practical. On the last expedition we were regularly chucking stuff on the roof platform but the primary reason is the desire for a second spare. Not that I’ve been able to acquire one as yet…

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was admiring @AnD3rew ’s setup with the bars, which looks practical. On the last expedition we were regularly chucking stuff on the roof platform but the primary reason is the desire for a second spare. Not that I’ve been able to acquire one as yet…
A basket and appropriately placed bar distances could solve that... I'm impressed with the idea of a chucking a 40kg spare wheel on the roof!😲💪! I think your choice of the dark grey/black colour for the Maxtrax is spot on. I also have a Scottish White (Trialmaster) and bought some the other day -I absent-mindedly came home with the orange ones! I might stow them in an Aldi canvas bag! 😂

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I shared a second set with another owner so we each now have 3. I haven’t had a chance to properly play with spacing yet, but I believe I could get a jerry can holder on the back 2 as well as a second spare. I also have one of these which I haven’t tried on this car yet, but had on my previous car.
IMG_4912.jpeg
IMG_0730.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom