The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Show us your mods.

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:11 AM
Reaction score
Correct, I found that I am still able to press the top of the peddle and still have clearance at the bottom of the peddle. Plus now I don't need to lift my foot up 25mm to use the brake anymore. I can keep my heel in one spot on the mat and access the brake and accelerator peddle quiet comfortable now.
Ever tried left foot breaking? I do regularly and the left "foot rest" is in the perfect position.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:11 PM
Reaction score
Not exactly a mod but it does signify that the desert is calling.

IMG_0982.jpeg

Bigger project this week is a light bar for the front. Not sure the one I’ve ordered will fit, however… I was annoyed to find the roo bar diameter is incompatible with the (albeit comically expensive) ARB Intensity V2 that one had initially intended.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:11 PM
Reaction score

View attachment 7829767

Bigger project this week is a light bar for the front. Not sure the one I’ve ordered will fit, however… I was annoyed to find the roo bar diameter is incompatible with the (albeit comically expensive) ARB Intensity V2 that one had initially intended.
Good idea. Akubras? I've had mine for 20 years and it always looks the same as when I bought it. Other manufacturers can't compete with that.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:11 PM
Reaction score

View attachment 7829767

Hats sticking to the roof!?

Even gravity is upside down Down Under!

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7829767

Thats a good idea for the hats, might do that, wonder if it can easily be done in the rear koad space? Will have a look. What do you mean by “roo bar diameter” it is 50mm tube which is a very common size, would be very surprised if an ARB product wouldn’t work on a 50mm bar.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thats a good idea for the hats, might do that, wonder if it can easily be done in the rear koad space? Will have a look. What do you mean by “roo bar diameter” it is 50mm tube which is a very common size, would be very surprised if an ARB product wouldn’t work on a 50mm bar.
51mm as measured. I’d also presumed it would at least be within tolerances but nope. This particular component apparently engineered for ARBs in house bars.

1697401850470.jpeg

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
51mm as measured. I’d also presumed it would at least be within tolerances but nope. This particular component apparently engineered for ARBs in house bars.

View attachment 7829787
Interesting. I have used 50mm mounts for my aerial but I guess it does have a bit of tolerance in there.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting. I have used 50mm mounts for my aerial but I guess it does have a bit of tolerance in there.
Yes, me too. The ~50mm tube mount solutions from other providers (eg Stedi) fit just fine, the fitting issue I’m hinting at above is rather dealing with the shape of the top bar and clearance to the grill when installing in a NSW-compliant location (eg ‘inside‘ the internal perimeter of the bull bar).

1697403329326.jpeg

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
More Simpson Desert prep... this time water storage solutions. If you're in the market, I found the Pak Offroad 40L Footwell tank fits like a glove.

(If it's not obvious, the driver and passenger seats are canted forward in the below photo)

IMG_0984.jpeg

It handily ships with a rechargeable tap dispenser so no need to plumb in taps etc if it's a temporary fitment.

FYI Stewart at Pak indicates that a rear loadspace tank is also in the works for the Grenadier.

Andrew Kilby

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
More Simpson Desert prep... this time water storage solutions. If you're in the market, I found the Pak Offroad 40L Footwell tank fits like a glove.

(If it's not obvious, the driver and passenger seats are canted forward in the below photo)

View attachment 7829871

It handily ships with a rechargeable tap dispenser so no need to plumb in taps etc if it's a temporary fitment.

FYI Stewart at Pak indicates that a rear loadspace tank is also in the works for the Grenadier.

This i magic. I have two roof top diesel pods for fuel and now i have my water storage solution. Magic

Andrew Kilby

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7829871

BTW if you are looking for company on the Simo trip i would be interested. Done the French Line and WAA/QAA line but not the Rig Road

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This i magic. I have two roof top diesel pods for fuel and now i have my water storage solution. Magic
Can you post these diesel pods source?

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
BTW if you are looking for company on the Simo trip i would be interested. Done the French Line and WAA/QAA line but not the Rig Road
Yes, great Andrew. We’re thinking first half of November and then continue across to WA. Send us a PM if the timing suits!

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:11 AM
Reaction score

View attachment 7829871

Perfect! For german users, I found it here: https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.c...MIiOHh8dr8gQMVK4ODBx2vSwpGEAQYASABEgK1u_D_BwE

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Oh, warning: there are various of these and they won’t all fit.

Frontrunner I think the notch is an issue… best check before ordering.

IMG_0238.jpeg

With the Boab it could be the centre console inset is too narrow.

Unfortunately until I receive my delivery I don’t have the dimensions of the Pak Offroad example that you see in my photo above, even without these you will note the wider notch and deeper inset than the other examples.

FootWell.png

Last edited:

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Oh, warning: there are various of these and they won’t all fit.

Frontrunner I think the notch is an issue… best check before ordering.

View attachment 7829885

With the Boab it could be the centre console inset is too narrow.

Unfortunately until I receive my delivery I don’t have the dimensions of the Pak Offroad example that you see in my photo above, even without these you will note the wider notch and deeper inset than the other examples.

FootWell.png
You are right! The middle section of front runner is conical 200-300mm, we need straight min 300mm wide

explorersoverland

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Added two sideboards from HGM-Rack last week for the Overland Fuel diesel tanks and on the other side the ladder for the RTT.

The sideboards are light and because it consists of one part, it is easy to install.

Mounted the ladder with clamps from Quick fist. They are very solid and recommended for installing items on your grenadier that come off more often.

Attachments

• DSC_7101.jpg
    DSC_7101.jpg
    347.7 KB · Views: 246
  • DSC_7098.jpg
    DSC_7098.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 246
  • DSC_7095.jpg
    DSC_7095.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 245
  • DSC_7092.jpg
    DSC_7092.jpg