The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Servicing

RTG

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:51 AM
Reaction score
Hi all,

Do we have any indication as to whether we are locked into the dealer for any/all of the warranty period servicing. I know IG talk of the owner being approved to do it in accordance with their procedures, but whether that is post warranty period?
Getting scary now!!!!

Cheers

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
RTG:

Grenadier owners are not locked in.

The public announcement (brochure) from INEOS says.....

"Regular 12-month servicing will be provided by our Retail Partners.......We know you might want to do some work yourself though and have made the vehicle easy to work on inside and out. From the Owner’s Handbook to online manuals with step-by-step 3D imagery, servicing and maintenance is straightforward. Further technical support is also available from INEOS HQ"

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:51 PM
Reaction score
Is there any updates regarding whether we get a comprehensive handbook/manual or online database for servicing our grenadiers as we are all enthusiastic participants on the same journey

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A little bit of information I received from an INEOS rep on the weekend regarding annual servicing/maintenance.

Owners are able to conduct their own annual/15,000km servicing of the Grenadier provided approved parts and disposables are used and RECIEPTS of said parts are kept to support any future warranty claims made by the owner.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:51 AM
Reaction score
Wow, that's really unique. I have never heard of a car maker that puts that much trust in its customers.
I presume that they would not act that way if they would own the garages :)

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Wow, that's really unique. I have never heard of a car maker that puts that much trust in its customers.
I presume that they would not act that way if they would own the garages :)

INEOS have appointed many third party service entities but want to provide owners with alternative options (e.g. DIY).

To know what "approved" parts to use, owners will need to access the online repair manuals or get support from the INEOS technical team.

INEOS are also providing us with online ‘How To’ guides to enable simple mechanical maintenance.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My local dealer is a new caravan and second hand luxury car sales business. And 25km away.
I’m therefore inclined to have my mechanic who has looked after me for circa 20 years do my services, and know he’ll do a much better job than say a Toyota dealership would.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My local dealer is a new caravan and second hand luxury car sales business. And 25km away.
I’m therefore inclined to have my mechanic who has looked after me for circa 20 years do my services, and know he’ll do a much better job than say a Toyota dealership would.
Better than a Toyota dealer….. that’s not a very high bar mate 😆

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
INEOS have appointed many third party service entities but want to provide owners with alternative options (e.g. DIY).

To know what "approved" parts to use, owners will need to access the online repair manuals or get support from the INEOS technical team.

INEOS are also providing us with online ‘How To’ guides to enable simple mechanical maintenance.
Yes I know that and IA wrote so from the beginning. But it is quite a difference between giving the information out so you can repair the car on your own or keeping the warranty even if the customer does the service on his own. Don’t you think so?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:51 PM
Reaction score
Yes I know that and IA wrote so from the beginning. But it is quite a difference between giving the information out so you can repair the car on your own or keeping the warranty even if the customer does the service on his own. Don’t you think so?
I think anyone who wants to repair the car themselves has to successfully pass an exam. Then the warranty will certainly be taken over. ;)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:51 PM
Reaction score
Just remember some parts of the warranty package requires a visit, or regular visits to an Ineos Approved Workshop:

"This warranty requires that the vehicle is inspected, and repaired, if necessary, by an authorised INEOS Automotive Approved Workshop. Inspection and repair is required annually after the warranty start date."

Also exclusions:

"Damage or other wear arising from racing, track days, off-road trials, other competition, or events."

AAnd not forgetting your general obligation to:

"Wash the vehicle regularly."

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just remember some parts of the warranty package requires a visit, or regular visits to an Ineos Approved Workshop:

"This warranty requires that the vehicle is inspected, and repaired, if necessary, by an authorised INEOS Automotive Approved Workshop. Inspection and repair is required annually after the warranty start date."

Also exclusions:

"Damage or other wear arising from racing, track days, off-road trials, other competition, or events."

AAnd not forgetting your general obligation to:

"Wash the vehicle regularly."
So does that mean INEOS permits an owner to undertake, say, basic periodic maintenance (e.g. oil, fluids, filters, brake pads, wipers etc) using authorised or nominate products but the car still needs to be "checked" by the authorised agent to ensure warranty compliance?

If that is the case, the cost may be similar.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think anyone who wants to repair the car themselves has to successfully pass an exam. Then the warranty will certainly be taken over. ;)
Repair and service are not the same equation...for me service is achievable but a repair could be a diagnostic search or damage control, both best left to those who passed the exam and recognize a warranty claim and can make that claim...it could get tricky if you play with that...just remember to fill up the oil...happy motoring

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Repair and service are not the same equation...for me service is achievable but a repair could be a diagnostic search or damage control, both best left to those who passed the exam and recognize a warranty claim and can make that claim...it could get tricky if you play with that...just remember to fill up the oil...happy motoring
My expectation would be that I would never have to add oil from one service to the next.
Even with my current vehicles (all Land/Range Rover) I don't have to.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My expectation would be that I would never have to add oil from one service to the next.
Even with my current vehicles (all Land/Range Rover) I don't have to.
I agree.
Why would my car be losing oil?
I had a Mitsubishi 30 years ago as a company car and brand new it went through 100ml of oil a week.
They accused me of stealing it to use in other cars initially
Then they decided it was going into the engine and being burnt as there was signs in the exhaust
It was decided to machine the head and put in a different gasket.
I opted for a new engine instead at their cost.

Back
Top Bottom