The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Local time
11:16 PM
Reaction score
G’day everyone.

My name is Dre and I’m in NSW Australia, just over the border from Canberra. I currently have a 2017 200 series Sahara. Been a great vehicle however, getting on in age and superseded by the 300 series.

My wife and I have just settled on our decision to go with an IG. We spoke with the dealer in Canberra today and there are a few around from cancelled orders that would meet our needs. It is now just a case of selling the Landcruiser.

So why an IG; overall size, tech, pragmatic design and inclusions amongst others considerations. We really didn’t want to with a big US vehicle (no offence to our mates across the water), our car parks and even some 4x4 tracks are just not made for them ‘yet’. We have a 22ft caravan so still needed something that could tow. This is where the IG really comes in as it has all the right stats. Many vehicles say they can tow 3500kgs however, when you look into the numbers, they can do it but with virtually no pay load and/or a very hard working engine.

All going well, I’ll be able to write about our experiences early next year.

Cheers.

Baron von Teuchter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:16 PM
Reaction score
Welcome!

Interested to hear you get on with the transition from a 200 series to a Grenadier. Have you driven one yet?

Local time
11:16 PM
Reaction score
Welcome!

Interested to hear you get on with the transition from a 200 series to a Grenadier. Have you driven one yet?
Hi Baron,

It is going to be a bit of a change. I love the Landcruiser, it is a comfortable car, my concern being that it is superseded and starting to show its age. The 2017 models with equivalent kms are still selling for circa $110k. I find myself in a bind, sell now while still good and go for a new vehicle that will see the next ten years or hold onto an aging beauty.

I drove the IG yesterday and found it really comfortable. There are some big differences but that will be the case no matter what I transition too I suspect. One part I love is that the IG has it all in a more compact offering then the LC. It is 100mm shorter which I need for the garage and I really like the community that is being built. That is something I feel becomes even more important as I get older.

Basically a long answer to ‘absolutely I’ll keep you posted on the transition’.

Stay safe.

Dre

Back
Top Bottom