The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Servicing

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:42 PM
Reaction score
No oil to add in 25'000 Km in my 22 year old W203 @300'000Km.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:42 PM
Reaction score
My expectation would be that I would never have to add oil from one service to the next.
Even with my current vehicles (all Land/Range Rover) I don't have to.
My remark was, Do not forget to fill up the oil after dropping it out at service time, which does happen, unfortunately...not topping up...happy motoring

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
W203, that's the type that shines with rust spots.
Not just spots, sadly. More like 'patches'.

Mine does, yes. It's a 2000 build, so one of those where they hadn't the new "environment friendly" acrylic colors under control. The later ones from 2003 on or so are fine.

Last edited:

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:42 AM
Reaction score
Re servicing and trouble shooting I asked Ineos if there were going to team up with OBD Diagnostic scan suppliers (like Autel) to allow diagnosis of codes/testing etc. the response was no not at this stage which was disappointing.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:42 AM
Reaction score
Re servicing and trouble shooting I asked Ineos if there were going to team up with OBD Diagnostic scan suppliers (like Autel) to allow diagnosis of codes/testing etc. the response was no not at this stage which was disappointing.
It isn't a Landrover.
There won't be any fault codes coming up daily

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:42 PM
Reaction score
It isn't a Landrover.
There won't be any fault codes coming up daily
Steve Martin Film GIF

Did some say Land Rover fault codes?

Local time
8:42 PM
Reaction score
Just remember some parts of the warranty package requires a visit, or regular visits to an Ineos Approved Workshop:

"This warranty requires that the vehicle is inspected, and repaired, if necessary, by an authorised INEOS Automotive Approved Workshop. Inspection and repair is required annually after the warranty start date."

Also exclusions:

"Damage or other wear arising from racing, track days, off-road trials, other competition, or events."

AAnd not forgetting your general obligation to:

"Wash the vehicle regularly."
Damn, I guess I'll have to scratch the Grenadier from my track days. :rolleyes: While I'm at it, I guess I will scratch my Ferrari 296 from my offroad and overland itinerary. 😁

ferrari.png

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Tie a belt to the steering wheel to remind not to start before filling!
Place the oil cap on the dashboard.

When we do a pre-flight check of our airplanes, we put it on the cowling. If you don't realize then that you forgot something, it might be better to have the engine fail before takeoff ...

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Does anyone have an idea of if there is going to be a fixed servicing price for the scheduled services - irrespective of whether you get it done from an agent or a bosch service centre?

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If you mean Australia wide fixed servicing prices - I have not heard nor seen anything to that effect but, I would suspect not as there is too much national wide cost variability.

However, I would think that various individual dealer/service centers may offer a schedule of fixed prices for differing types of service.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Does anyone have an idea of if there is going to be a fixed servicing price for the scheduled services - irrespective of whether you get it done from an agent or a bosch service centre?
I would imagine for average usage it would be somewhere in the vicinity of the X5

Back
Top Bottom