The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

UK & Ireland Servicing Pricing UK

AWo

Local time
12:28 PM
Reaction score
Hi Dave

Yes Jack has just told me the same "about £850 " which includes

Oil and filter change
New sump plug
Oil change in the front and rear diffs and transfer case
Top up of screen wash

And that was the list!

Currently fully booked in their workshop till end of January 2024 !!

My service will be due in May 2024 so will book it in come March !!!

Seems a bit steep
Is that all you pay for? Could it bee that there are also checks? So you simply pay also for the labouring time?

850 BPD (980 €) is a normal price for a premium brand. It is on a Land Rover level, for example. It is quite common and well known, that the higher the price of the car is, the higher are the labour prices in the workshop, for the parts and the regulary checks.

Some reality check:

In Germany the worker chamber (organization of workers which includes car mechanics) lists 120 Euro to 278 Euro for one hour of labour for a service, depending on brand and car model. The average price is listed with 161,31 Euros. If I assume three hours of servcie we're at 483,93 Euros (380 BPD). Add oil and filters, and maybe a higher labour price and/or more time spend we're coming close to that sum.

AWo

Highwayman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:28 AM
Reaction score
My car is at the dealer today for some warranty work.

I took the opportunity to ask about service costs and the model in operation, given the posts on this thread.

Following the conversation, my understanding is this (based on my diesel engine):

1. The minor service is allocated two hours (1.9 to be precise) and this is effectively the amount the dealer “makes” on the transaction.
2. Minor service includes engine oil and filter change, plus front and rear diff oil changes. (Transfer case oil is not changed on a minor service, but it is on a major service)
3. Service pricing is set by INEOS, and they supply all the parts and fluids (dealer makes no margin on these)
4. Cost will be £570 plus Vat (20%)

By way of comparison, I had an oil and filter change at 5,000 (at the same dealer). Obviously this was outside of the INEOS service schedule and so I was only charged time and materials at the garage rates. This came to £259.27 plus Vat (20%)

Hope this helps clarify matters

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

I took the opportunity to ask about service costs and the model in operation, given the posts on this thread.

Following the conversation, my understanding is this (based on my diesel engine):

1. The minor service is allocated two hours (1.9 to be precise) and this is effectively the amount the dealer “makes” on the transaction.
2. Minor service includes engine oil and filter change, plus front and rear diff oil changes. (Transfer case oil is not changed on a minor service, but it is on a major service)
3. Service pricing is set by INEOS, and they supply all the parts and fluids (dealer makes no margin on these)

By way of comparison, I had an oil and filter change at 5,000 (at the same dealer). Obviously this was outside of the INEOS service schedule and so I was only charged time and materials at the garage rates. This came to £259.27 plus Vat (20%)

Thank you - a great help!

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

cheaper in Oxfordshire then !! maybe I should move there

Reactions: PBD

Dave F

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
First service costs
I received a response from Jardine Kent yesterday. It didn't provide the detail (as requested) for the cost of each individual item or the make / type of parts / oils that will be used. However for what its worth this is the list;

Engine Oil Change 7.5 Litres
Oil filter change
Front and Rear differential oil change 4.2 Litres
Pollen Filter
Sump Plug Change
Screen Wash Additive
Labour 2.3 Hours @ £165 + VAT per hour.

It seems Jardine have estimated more labour time than some other dealers , but clearly the hourly rate of £165 +VAT is where a lot of the cost is. Seems steep to me !!

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:28 AM
Reaction score
First service costs
I received a response from Jardine Kent yesterday. It didn't provide the detail (as requested) for the cost of each individual item or the make / type of parts / oils that will be used. However for what its worth this is the list;

Engine Oil Change 7.5 Litres
Oil filter change
Front and Rear differential oil change 4.2 Litres
Pollen Filter
Sump Plug Change
Screen Wash Additive
Labour 2.3 Hours @ £165 + VAT per hour.

It seems Jardine have estimated more labour time than some other dealers , but clearly the hourly rate of £165 +VAT is where a lot of the cost is. Seems steep to me !!
For “civilians” that’s just under £200 an hour all in (ie incl VAT) which is not a bargain. The charge rate also explains the reluctance to release the fabled workshop manual (although I don’t think access to that would cause many people to risk losing their 5 year warranty by disintermediating the dealer in the short to medium term)

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They've advised my upcoming April service will cost upwards of £750. It's only done 5k miles!!
I also have my first service at the beginning of April. Let's see what costs I'll have to pay.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine also due in 30 days. Haven’t been given a price as yet. 9000 miles on the clock by then. Still need to have the HVAC checked out as it likes to do its own thing. A good thread on here regarding the need for a vacuum to be properly established. They didn’t do that the other week when trying to rectify the problem.

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
I'm beginning to think my dealer may have made a mistake when they charged me a modest £376.52 for my first service on 12/10/2023.

Chandlers of Belton, take a bow!

Willing to offer a bed for the night for a Grenadier owner who would like to sample the Leicestershire/Lincolnshire boarder.
(That said, getting into their service bay is not easy - too few technicians, too many vehicles).

Gaston the Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm beginning to think my dealer may have made a mistake when they charged me a modest £376.52 for my first service on 12/10/2023.

Chandlers of Belton, take a bow!

Willing to offer a bed for the night for a Grenadier owner who would like to sample the Leicestershire/Lincolnshire boarder.
(That said, getting into their service bay is not easy - too few technicians, too many vehicles).
Was that including VAT? If so, that’s a very good price.
If you had to pay VAT on top of that, then it’s close to what it should be.
Either way, good value.

Local time
Reaction score

I changed my own oil it cost see the cost of an oil filter £18 and the oil £75 so I saved £477

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
that's a generous offer. do I need bring my own eggs for breakfast?

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Was that including VAT? If so, that’s a very good price.
If you had to pay VAT on top of that, then it’s close to what it should be.
Either way, good value.
It's the final value on the invoice, including VAT.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Allroad Carlisle charged £189 inc VAT for oil and filter change and said a full service is £399 including VAT.
Probably only applies if you have the "Lloyd Allroad" spare wheel 🛞 cover, good job we both have one.

Back
Top Bottom