The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Seat Move

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:19 AM
Reaction score
This explains why the metal mesh cargo barrier is not an available NA option.
It fits in the Belstaff editions just mounts differently.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
We were making progress on that request here:

@Halliwell Jones Chester - don't suppose you have the half height in a Belstaff knocking around?

Given the commercial brackets haven't changed, maybe the Belstaff's remain unaltered also?
Nothing waiting to go on a vehicle no, but will have a check to see if one is fitted to a customer car outside @DCPU What exactly is it you want a picture of?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Nothing waiting to go on a vehicle no, but will have a check to see if one is fitted to a customer car outside @DCPU What exactly is it you want a picture of?
Just the brackets/connection points used to connect the half height barrier into the Belstaff.

If the seats are moved back in the commercial version and the cargo barrier is to be refitted, then the Belstaff mountings points and brackets seem to be the way to do it. Just looking for clarification as to whether that would be correct and as an additional query whether the mounting brackets would have separate part numbers and be available without having to buy a complete new cargo barrier.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:19 PM
Reaction score
This explains why the metal mesh cargo barrier is not an available NA option.
Looks to me like the half height cargo barrier for the utility and standard/Belstaff wagons are yhe same but just different mounting hardware. I think on the standard the top goes directly into the holes in the ceiling and does away with the extension bars and at the bottom I think attaches to the tie down hooks on the side, but I could be wrong about that.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
Just the brackets/connection points used to connect the half height barrier into the Belstaff.

If the seats are moved back in the commercial version and the cargo barrier is to be refitted, then the Belstaff mountings points and brackets seem to be the way to do it. Just looking for clarification as to whether that would be correct and as an additional query whether the mounting brackets would have separate part numbers and be available without having to buy a complete new cargo barrier.
Only showing 1 partition panel listed in parts for 5 seat.
1686816987385.png
1686817032605.png

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Try this, it is an upload of several videos.

The man is a legend !

off to buy the kit now

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:19 PM
Reaction score
I would have ordered the half-height metal mesh barrier, but below is the only available in NA.

Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 9.05.08 AM.png

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:19 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone else moved the rear seat from N1 to “normal” configuration? If so any additional tips/observations?

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone else moved the rear seat from N1 to “normal” configuration? If so any additional tips/observations?
Yes see the link in post #28

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Today I carried out the modification as demonstrated by Ian Thompson on Facebook and found in the link on post #28 in this thread. The job is not difficult and can be carried out single handedly. A few small containers for gathering screws would be useful although I failed to take my own advice. An electric screwdriver / impact wrench will save a fair bit of time but I made sure not to loosen or tighten fully, using this method.
Two hours is more than enough time needed to carry out the work and I won't go into any great detail as Ian provides just about all the advice needed. Points to note:

1. The small black side panels that need to be removed appear to be secured with six small Phillips screws. These are not in fact screws but clips. In theory, half a turn should allow them to release but in practice, a trim removal kit from Amazon is recommended to prevent any damage. I managed to remove all trim without incurring any damage. I need to purchase a dozen grey trim blanks to fit in the holes left by removing said panels.
2. Some of the screws are very tight. Before using a ratchet wrench, ensure bolts are loosened by hand first. It would be very easy to damage the torx fitting or screw, if using impact method to start with. I would loosen all screws before completely removing as if there is one that you can't undo or worse, damage, time has not been wasted.
3. Make sure you have the correct tools. Certain screws, particularly the centre ones under the seat require the use of an extension.
4. When reinstalling screws, it is possible to damage the tread. Ensure the screws are in at least a couple of threads before running home with impact gun.

All items removed have been wrapped in plastic and I have stored them under the seat thus ensuring I don't lose them. Now, all I need is the fittings to refit the dog guard. The extra seat space gained and the slight incline in the SW is definitely noticeable.
Thanks to Ian for the very straight forward instructions.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, so far nobody has been able to confirm if these carry their own part numbers and are available at reasonable cost.
Hopefully, this will soon be resolved. I can't see why there would be a problem in supplying any part that was required. I would also like to know if they will supply full carpets now that they are back on the spec list for the SW.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I would also like to know if they will supply full carpets now that they are back on the spec list for the SW.
I thought someone here had made the comment that the supplied carpet was of a poor quality, and therefore you'd probably be better off going to a local upholsterer to get a better outcome (albeit a template might be needed).

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I thought someone here had made the comment that the supplied carpet was of a poor quality, and therefore you'd probably be better off going to a local upholsterer to get a better outcome (albeit a template might be needed).
It was back on some PT02s, taken off build sheets, then put back on. So presumably either the material or supplier, or both were changed?

Post in thread 'Floor carpet - no longer available.' https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/floor-carpet-no-longer-available.12410484/post-1333157619

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've a few metres of heavy duty grey carpet which I'll cut to size and get the edges "overlocked" at a business (Northside Overlockers" about 2 kliks from the Bris. Ineos agent in Stafford. If their prices are reasonable, I'll see what I can do to get a template to leave with them for repeat business

Back
Top Bottom