The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Seat Move

EDWARDO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:11 PM
Reaction score
Ive got a station wagon, well nearly a week old one! But was thinking the rear seat space is small and wondered if anyone had moved the seats back to the position of the belstaff model and how to do it, im sure its possible as the extra space would be great and the boot is still huge, plus fills up the horrible gaps in the boot where you can see the glue!

Reactions: PBD

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ive got a station wagon, well nearly a week old one! But was thinking the rear seat space is small and wondered if anyone had moved the seats back to the position of the belstaff model and how to do it, im sure its possible as the extra space would be great and the boot is still huge, plus fills up the horrible gaps in the boot where you can see the glue!
I think we’re all waiting for someone to go first….

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am seriously considering taking the back seats out of my Trialmaster as I never use them. I want to try and level the loadspace as much as possible. Getting no reply from Ineos re their covers for the space.
Any Ideas guys:)

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:11 PM
Reaction score
I am seriously considering taking the back seats out of my Trialmaster as I never use them. I want to try and level the loadspace as much as possible. Getting no reply from Ineos re their covers for the space.
Any Ideas guys:)
I think the commercial has the under seat stuff in a slightly different position. At least it looks like it in this YouTube video.
View: https://youtu.be/SU9Z94ZCrOQ

If the wiring, battery, etc are in the same position you could possibly order the platform from that model but it doesn't look like it to me.

At my drive event the pro driver said that someone was measuring the back for drawers, and thought it was Goose Gear. They make rear seat delete kits for the 4runner, I would imagine if there's demand they'd consider it for the Grenadier as well.

EDWARDO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just been studying a picture of a field master boot and everything looks identical, took the boot liner out and the bolts on the plastic bit in the back have different number of bolts to the blanked off ones, which makes me think there is some kind of brace under it, more to discover me thinks as the kids rubbing their feet on the back rests is annoying me!

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:11 PM
Reaction score
Does the NA station wagon have a smaller back seat area vs Belstaff versions?

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:11 PM
Reaction score
What is a "utility" version? Do you mean the base model? Why is the rear seat position different? Also, does the rear seat recline at all? From video reviews I've seen, the rear seats seem to be very upright. I used to drive a Wrangler Unlimited and modified the seat mounting points to add more recline to the rear seats.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Does the NA station wagon have a smaller back seat area vs Belstaff versions?

No, in North America (errr "The Americas") all of our station wagons are of the same dimensional spec. If I'm not mistaken, for RoW the Belstaf editions don't actually have different rear seat measurements, only the commercial 5 seaters have the smaller back seat

Reactions: BD1

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That’s true. We can move ours back into Belstaff position and you will be able to move yours forward for extra luggage space..

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:11 AM
Reaction score
What is a "utility" version? Do you mean the base model? Why is the rear seat position different? Also, does the rear seat recline at all? From video reviews I've seen, the rear seats seem to be very upright. I used to drive a Wrangler Unlimited and modified the seat mounting points to add more recline to the rear seats.
Not sure where you got the “utility” reference from?
In Australia, we call what you call a pick up, a utility or ute for short.

So a single cab ute, or twin cab ute.

In SA I think they call it a bakkie (sp)?

Not sure what they call a ute in Europe?

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

I think I answered my own question. UK configuration has a "utility" version made to maximize cargo space. Rear seats lose some legroom for those. I believe another owner found a way to move the mounting position back to regain that legroom.

IGL

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:11 PM
Reaction score

Hey mate,
that's what the "German" configurator says:
[ UTILITY WAGON

Der Grenadier Utility Wagon ist als Nutzfahrzeug zugelassen und in einer zwei- und fünfsitzigen Ausführung erhältlich. Die zweisitzige Version hat einen Laderaum mit durchgängig flachem Boden, in den eine normale Europalette (1.200 mm x 800 mm) passt. Der Fünfsitzer hingegen bietet einen guten Kompromiss zwischen Nutzlast und Passagierkapazität. ]

[ UTILITY WAGON

The Grenadier Utility Wagon is registered as a utility vehicle and is available in two-seat and five-seat versions. The two-seat version has a cargo area with a flat floor throughout that can fit a standard Euro pallet (1,200 mm x 800 mm). The five-seater, on the other hand, offers a good compromise between payload and passenger capacity. ]

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hey mate,
that's what the "German" configurator says:
[ UTILITY WAGON

Der Grenadier Utility Wagon ist als Nutzfahrzeug zugelassen und in einer zwei- und fünfsitzigen Ausführung erhältlich. Die zweisitzige Version hat einen Laderaum mit durchgängig flachem Boden, in den eine normale Europalette (1.200 mm x 800 mm) passt. Der Fünfsitzer hingegen bietet einen guten Kompromiss zwischen Nutzlast und Passagierkapazität. ]

[ UTILITY WAGON

The Grenadier Utility Wagon is registered as a utility vehicle and is available in two-seat and five-seat versions. The two-seat version has a cargo area with a flat floor throughout that can fit a standard Euro pallet (1,200 mm x 800 mm). The five-seater, on the other hand, offers a good compromise between payload and passenger capacity. ]
Ah OK, so not what I was referring to, but rather a “commercial” version.

Reactions: IGL

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Apologies if picked up elsewhere but a very helpful (and competent and practical) guy called Iain Thomson has kindly posted on facebook his (what looks pretty hassle free) change of the the N1 rear seat position to M1 position (ie leaving rear further from front seats and with the back more reclined)

With credit to Mr Thomson please see

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Am I missing something?

I can see a 1:17 min video of him talking about it but not anything being done?

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Am I missing something?

Try going via the Ineos Grenadier Owners Club on Facebook and search for Iain Thomson, this should take you to his post with the videos (which he posted on 4/6/23 at 16:15). This works for me, hopefully will for you

Nb the video you could see from the link was his first which he then followed up with c7 or 8 videos showing the key steps in the process

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Am I missing something?

Try this, it is an upload of several videos.

Mussels

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A big ‘Thank You’ to Mr Iain Thomson for posting the above series of mini videos on Facebook - Ineos Grenadier Owners Club.
There was enough information for me to have a go at relocating the rear seats of my Station Wagonnand I have just finished the job. It makes a hell of an improvement to an otherwise ridiculous set up.
Notes;
mechanical aptitude required and a level of fitness / strength.
Torx T45 and T50 drive bits are required, the T50 with a hole in the end is called ‘tamperproof’!!
The T50 bolts are very tight to get out but easier to put back in. (I used a ratchet).
Put the two conical nuts in first having pushed the seat back - they locate the seat.
The two Non-return plastic cross point clips in the lower side covers are a swine to get out.
The five similar clips on the rear plastic bits come out more easily, save the best for the lower side panels? I glued these defunct clips in their original holes for neatness.
To finish the task, you will have to cut 70mm off the back edge of the boot liner - good luck with that. Suggestion - measure and score a line with sharp point.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A big ‘Thank You’ to Mr Iain Thomson for posting the above series of mini videos on Facebook - Ineos Grenadier Owners Club.
There was enough information for me to have a go at relocating the rear seats of my Station Wagonnand I have just finished the job. It makes a hell of an improvement to an otherwise ridiculous set up.
Notes;
mechanical aptitude required and a level of fitness / strength.
Torx T45 and T50 drive bits are required, the T50 with a hole in the end is called ‘tamperproof’!!
The T50 bolts are very tight to get out but easier to put back in. (I used a ratchet).
Put the two conical nuts in first having pushed the seat back - they locate the seat.
The two Non-return plastic cross point clips in the lower side covers are a swine to get out.
The five similar clips on the rear plastic bits come out more easily, save the best for the lower side panels? I glued these defunct clips in their original holes for neatness.
To finish the task, you will have to cut 70mm off the back edge of the boot liner - good luck with that. Suggestion - measure and score a line with sharp point.
Lordy, it’s much easier than I’d imagined.. That’s an easy weekend job and the only thing I’d like to add back in would be the cargo barrier. I’m sure there is a fabrication option for the aftermarket

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This explains why the metal mesh cargo barrier is not an available NA option.

Back
Top Bottom