The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Safety rating/ car seats

Local time
3:49 AM
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have planned a build, and set up a registration.
Our plan is to use this as the family road trip/ camping/ overlanding rig. Eventually maybe towing a small overlanding trailer.

My question is this:
Has anybody seen safety specs? I have googled them, but nothing readily comes up.
We have two still in car seats, and obviously I want to make sure about their safety if something were to happen.

Additionally, has anybody tried car seats in one yet? How they work? Tight fit? No problems? Am I overthinking it?

Thank you all! I look forward to being part of this community.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:49 AM
Reaction score
Good question. I haven’t seen anything officially/unofficially published yet. My assumption would be that with a steel bumper, fenders that you can stand on, a roof with a high static/dynamic load rating, and doors that sound like bank vaults when they close, this truck should do well. According to an AU article it does come with front, side, and curtain airbags, ABS, and traction control. No autonomous braking, lane keep assist, etc…

I saw in one of the many YT videos out there that LATCH seat anchors where installed.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Most of that stuff is on the NA spec - except the only one I want - blind spot monitoring.

Local time
Reaction score
I appreciate it. I am assuming it will be built to do pretty well, but I thought it was odd I could hardly find any information on it considering it's already being delivered in Europe. I know their standards are different than USA. But, I figured I should be able to find something.

I saw the seat latches, and the side airbags and that makes me feel a lot better. When we had a JK, I hated putting the kids in it know there were no airbags in the back.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:49 AM
Reaction score
It has isofix for child seats. In one of the Kenyan grenadier videos on YouTube there were 2 seats in the back. I think it will perform well in an accident.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:49 PM
Reaction score
Because of its classifications, and low volumes it does not automatically get a crash test and ratings and INEOS probably won’t submit it, because without some of the newer accident avoidance systems like AEB and lane keep assist etc it will never get a 5 star rating. It does have child seat anchor points. It has front and side airbags in the front row and curtain bags for front and rear, and because of its mass will likely come off well in a collision with a smaller vehicle or object. It’s probably as good as any 4wd at things like the moose test because it has a low centre of gravity, but It’s anyone’s guess how well it does in some of the other tests until someone tests it and publishes the results.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I appreciate it. I am assuming it will be built to do pretty well, but I thought it was odd I could hardly find any information on it considering it's already being delivered in Europe. I know their standards are different than USA. But, I figured I should be able to find something.

I saw the seat latches, and the side airbags and that makes me feel a lot better. When we had a JK, I hated putting the kids in it know there were no airbags in the back.
1687039441005.png

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Years ago a police report came out which had collated all the accident data in the UK, real accidents and real injuries. It made for interesting reading. It clearly showed that the Euro NCAP ratings don’t count for much when physics takes over. All the cars at the top of the list for accident survival were 4x4’s or big German saloons. All the ones at the bottom were superminis. I remember the discovery 1/2 was close to the top along with some big mercs. The original Navara only got two stars on NCAP, but the fact is you’d be better off in that in a head on collision than in a five star car that only weighs a ton. The Grenadier is built like a tank, and that counts for a lot.
I’ve never been able to find that report on line, I suspect it has been buried..

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Years ago a police report came out which had collated all the accident data in the UK, real accidents and real injuries. It made for interesting reading. It clearly showed that the Euro NCAP ratings don’t count for much when physics takes over. All the cars at the top of the list for accident survival were 4x4’s or big German saloons. All the ones at the bottom were superminis. I remember the discovery 1/2 was close to the top along with some big mercs. The original Navara only got two stars on NCAP, but the fact is you’d be better off in that in a head on collision than in a five star car that only weighs a ton. The Grenadier is built like a tank, and that counts for a lot.
I’ve never been able to find that report on line, I suspect it has been buried..
You can’t beat physics but that works for you when you hit another smaller vehicle or compliant objects. It works against you when you hit an immovable object or a truck etc

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You can’t beat physics but that works for you when you hit another smaller vehicle or compliant objects. It works against you when you hit an immovable object or a truck etc
Yep, I learned that from a police officer friend of mine as the “gross tonnage rule”. He said, it doesn’t matter if I can light my car up like a Christmas tree…if the other vehicle weights more than me, it automatically has the right of way. He added, you might actually have the right of way, but it doesn’t make any difference if you’re in the hospital or dead.

Local time
Reaction score
Larger, sturdier, heavier has always felt good. I own a decent number of larger vehicles and don't want to drive anything smaller than my f150 anymore. My main concern is high speed/ roll over BS. I'm not worried about me, I'm worried about all the other people making rash decisions and putting me at risk. You see some of those high-speed roll over videos, and that is the terrifying bit.

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
This may be what you are thinking of: https://web.archive.org/web/2008061...s/carsmmrisk/carsmakeandmodeltheriskofdri1800.
Old Department of Transport data, 2000-2004. You will need a university library to get a copy.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I saw that, what’s the Bronco made of? Tin foil?

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A computer generated “simulation” where the vehicle is sandwiched between a head on dump truck and an immovable object…
On TikTok🤦‍♂️🤪😂😂

IMHO, for entertainment purposes only🤷🏻‍♂️

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:49 PM
Reaction score
No matter what .. if you hit a block of concrete or a large solid steel pylon .. depending on speed you are likely to be 6 feet under then

moosetown

Production/Transit
Local time
5:49 AM
Reaction score

Fidei Defensor

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom