The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Saddle leather or No Saddle leather

Saddle leather yes or no

• Saddle leather

Votes: 93 55.4%
  • Nappa leather

Votes: 75 44.6%

• Total voters

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:42 AM
Reaction score
one of the actors of modern times who has certain ly not suffered from being typecast has to be Christian Bale - born in Havefordwest so it is, boyo!!

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:42 PM
Reaction score
Not sure I know that one, but The Stranglers song in the opening track of Sexy Beast goes
"Well I got the notion girl that you got some suntan lotion in that bottle of yours
Spread it all over my peelin' skin baby
That feels real good"
Of course this has nothing to do with saddle vs nappa, but eventually these threads run out
Hopefully the leatherworkers stitch 'em up well for heavy duty use.
Ah the tanning industry. Disgusting job. Is it done by machines these days?

View attachment 7810547
Saw those guys (The Stranglers, not tanners) in Sydney last week. Good times.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:42 PM
Reaction score
I thought they'd all died? Who is left?
It’s not quite the Ship of Theseus… founding member Jean-Jacques Burnel (bass) remains.
Baz Warne (vocals, guitar) has been out front for the last TWENTY years however.

It was a colourful crowd of aging headkickers, accurately and cheerfully described by Baz as a “roomful of contrarian c*nts”.

As you say, half the other founders are I think smoking spliffs in the tour van up in the sky.

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have noticed that of the cars delivered so far, only a very small percentage have the saddle leather. Also, I have only seen the saddle leather on cars delivered in the last week or so. I am now wondering if the saddle leather has been one of the production delays and a reason that early ordered cars with this option haven’t yet been delivered?

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:42 AM
Reaction score
I was told by my dealer many months ago when I decided to change my order ad include saddle leather that it was in short supply and it might affect my build slot and delivery time.

So you might be onto something there, hadn’t noticed any lack of saddle leather in delivered cars but wasn’t looking tbh

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was told by my dealer many months ago when I decided to change my order ad include saddle leather that it was in short supply and it might affect my build slot and delivery time.

So you might be onto something there, hadn’t noticed any lack of saddle leather in delivered cars but wasn’t looking tbh
I have only seen two with saddle, the one that has been listed on Collecting Cars and a white 5 Seat Station Wagon on eBay. None of the cars in my dealer’s yard have it and most I’ve seen positings of haven’t.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My Grenadier was in production in February and was then in batch and hold for many weeks , finally delivered to dealer last week for me to collect next week. I ordered saddle leather on my utility wagon. I presume the saddle leather steering wheel was fitted before batch and hold. Unless they changed the steering wheel at a later date 🤔 I also added saddle leather at a late stage last November i think.

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:42 AM
Reaction score
The car is donny grey. The wheel will be a similar colour as they are allegedly all individually made.

Back
Top Bottom