The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Saddle leather or No Saddle leather

Saddle leather yes or no

• Saddle leather

Votes: 93 55.4%
  • Nappa leather

Votes: 75 44.6%

• Total voters

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:57 AM
Reaction score
Similar to others, the saddle leather and the 17” alloys were both very late additions to mine, and now they are the two things I love best about the vehicle.

The saddle leather is put into context I feel with mine as I have the sand coloured M&M seat covers, so inside it does give a real old school safari feel. There is just something about tan leather and sand coloured canvas that fits so well together.

A few dings and scratches on the leather will just go towards the patina, so unlike a nappy leather wheel any damage will be a bit more bearable.

I have an Amarok and the black leather wheel is starting to turn grey where the dye is wearing off (I do just dye it black again as and when), but that won’t be a problem for the saddle leather.

My advice would be, are you intending to keep the vehicle 5 plus years, if so then get the saddle leather if you are on the fence. I don’t think you will regret it and it’s something you won’t be adding very easily after the event if you decide you want it later.
any photos of the sand M&M inside your vehicle? I really fancy the same combination. I too have the saddle leather steering wheel etc and the 17" alloy wheels. Really happy with both purchases.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
7:57 PM
Reaction score
Cheshire. Here you go buddy.

Can’t remember who it was on here but someone at the game fair was clearly looking through my car window and said they liked the combo..

After I took the photos I spent a bit more time and refitted the bottoms so there is no ruffling on the canva seat bases now. Haven’t taken any MKII photos though

IMG_3143.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3140.jpeg
    IMG_3140.jpeg
    229.4 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3141.jpeg
    IMG_3141.jpeg
    241.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_3142.jpeg
    IMG_3142.jpeg
    104.6 KB · Views: 52

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I got saddle leather with “vinyl“ seats. Figured I can abuse the interior but still have the nice leather accents.
The regular seat finish is very nice and will probably come into their own in a warmer climate. The saddle leather is one of those things that only makes sense when you have it. A last minute decision for me but very glad I optioned the saddle leather.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Cheshire. Here you go buddy.

Can’t remember who it was on here but someone at the game fair was clearly looking through my car window and said they liked the combo..

After I took the photos I spent a bit more time and refitted the bottoms so there is no ruffling on the canva seat bases now. Haven’t taken any MKII photos though

View attachment 7825021
I can see a further seven hundred pounds odd leaving my account sometime soon.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I can see a further seven hundred pounds odd leaving my account sometime soon.

Email Steffi and mention the forum, the full set is then discounted to £615 I think inc delivery.

The quality is shit hot and I love them, much cooler to drive in the summer than the nylon type that make me sweat profusely. These don’t all.

Me being me, I fitted seat covers to protect the seats and have just treated my seat covers with a spray to stop them getting stained.

The other half stepped in to veto me covering the seat covers with plastic. Apparently that was a bridge too far 😝

I am the person who has a set of cheap rubber floor mats in another vehicle to protect the OEM rubber floor mats. True story

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Email Steffi and mention the forum, the full set is then discounted to £615 I think inc delivery.

The quality is shit hot and I love them, much cooler to drive in the summer than the nylon type that make me sweat profusely. These don’t all.

Me being me, I fitted seat covers to protect the seats and have just treated my seat covers with a spray to stop them getting stained.

The other half stepped in to veto me covering the seat covers with plastic. Apparently that was a bridge too far 😝

I am the person who has a set of cheap rubber floor mats in another vehicle to protect the OEM rubber floor mats. True story
what spray for the covers por favor?

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I actually used a scotch guard spray. The heavy duty one.

There are better products but you have to sponge them on. I just wanted an easy spray.

Warning: the spray does leave a very chemically smell, so be prepared to leave the windows open for a few hours to let it off-gas.

My smell was gone in a couple of days completely.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Logsplitter & @ECrider

Give DTboxes a look, I am looking at the half boxes either 500 or 600mm wide. They do a couple but I have also spoken to them at the shooting show and they are likely going to do one specifically for the IG.

Like you ECrider my very nice Lintran one won’t fit in the IG. 940mm deep 😢
Did you or anyone else buy a dog cage for the Gren yet. I will need one by Monday and looking for suggested makers.

Simple wire crate may have to fill in.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Did you or anyone else buy a dog cage for the Gren yet. I will need one by Monday and looking for suggested makers.

Here’s the one I bought. Surprisingly sturdy and cheap

simonpa

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

I've had a rear door dog guard and moveable divider fitted to mine by Barjo Cages and Guards at Wokingham Berkshire.
Very happy with result and safe for the dogs. I've used them previously for same in 2 x Isuzu Dmax - happy to recommend.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've had a rear door dog guard and moveable divider fitted to mine by Barjo Cages and Guards at Wokingham Berkshire.
Very happy with result and safe for the dogs. I've used them previously for same in 2 x Isuzu Dmax - happy to recommend.
Thanks very much for the recommendation. Will take a look. I see Transk9 have a double dog cage now for the Gren. I have one for the Disco and it's great but at £725 it's a bit steep for now.

SBA

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I actually changed the order for saddle leather but the build spec did not capture the changes so its arrived without the saddle leather I actually like the saddle leather

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yep, if that piano black was replaced with saddle leather I'd be all over it... hate, hate piano black in cars.
Besides the pieces on each door, knob surround, and the middle/upper trim of the center stack (and I guess that "line" extends across the dash with a few pieces), are there any other pieces of the piano black shiny plastic (with saddle leather).

I ask because I'm not too keen on it as I'm guessing it will get scratched to hell - especially with the dogs in the back. Had the idea to maybe wrap the pieces. Could be with clear I guess, but maybe matte? Leather colored? Not sure. Just spitballing.

Last edited:

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:57 PM
Reaction score
You can buy interior wrap, so you can do wood grain, carbon fiber, metal. I'll be doing a satin titanium or carbon fiber.

Back
Top Bottom