The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Saddle leather or No Saddle leather

Saddle leather yes or no

• Saddle leather

Votes: 93 55.4%
  • Nappa leather

Votes: 75 44.6%

• Total voters

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:03 PM
Reaction score
Strange, the things that really make a difference. Saddle leather was a last minute Change for me and yet now I have the vehicle, it is one of the things I love the most. Absolutely no regrets At spending the £600.00 Brown leather in all that grey shouldn’t really work. 🤷‍♂️

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:03 AM
Reaction score
Strange, the things that really make a difference. Saddle leather was a last minute Change for me and yet now I have the vehicle, it is one of the things I love the most. Absolutely no regrets At spending the £600.00 Brown leather in all that grey shouldn’t really work. 🤷‍♂️
Driving is all about feel and it feels brilliant...it's solid and quite thick and looks great...Scottish white black roof and the saddle leather trim sets it off...it's amazing how many people pit up on it...you'll love it...happy motoring ;)

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:03 PM
Reaction score
I see that in the voting above, saddle leather is in the lead yet here in UK, at least when looking at those on AutoTrader, most are Nappa leather.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:03 AM
Reaction score
I love it - and am yet to receive my Grenadier!
I'll have to dress to match.
And borrow a riding crop.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I see that in the voting above, saddle leather is in the lead yet here in UK, at least when looking at those on AutoTrader, most are Nappa leather.
Maybe thats a reflection of the differences between people who are flippers and those who are passionate enthusiasts 😄

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
How do people feel the nappa leather will hold up to rugged use?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Kids today just wouldn't understand

Attachments

• images (1).jpeg
    images (1).jpeg
    59.1 KB · Views: 9

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:03 AM
Reaction score
Whip it, whip good.

For those with saddle leather, you can get the premium seat covers from M&M and it has saddle leather piping with saddle leather on the door side of the seat. Nice little tie in.

MarkusN

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:03 PM
Reaction score
Now it is almost two months since I am allowed to drive my "Greny". For two weeks I'm on the road in Wales and have now driven a total of 7000 km.
I am extremely happy, I have chosen the option "saddle leather". It just feels great and gets more beautiful every day.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
10:03 AM
Reaction score
Similar to others, the saddle leather and the 17” alloys were both very late additions to mine, and now they are the two things I love best about the vehicle.

The saddle leather is put into context I feel with mine as I have the sand coloured M&M seat covers, so inside it does give a real old school safari feel. There is just something about tan leather and sand coloured canvas that fits so well together.

A few dings and scratches on the leather will just go towards the patina, so unlike a nappy leather wheel any damage will be a bit more bearable.

I have an Amarok and the black leather wheel is starting to turn grey where the dye is wearing off (I do just dye it black again as and when), but that won’t be a problem for the saddle leather.

My advice would be, are you intending to keep the vehicle 5 plus years, if so then get the saddle leather if you are on the fence. I don’t think you will regret it and it’s something you won’t be adding very easily after the event if you decide you want it later.

Back
Top Bottom