The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Rumors of upcoming price hike

Paco Garcia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:29 AM
Reaction score
Today the distributor told me that a new price increase is planned for the beginning of Autumn, has anyone else heard anything about it?

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:29 PM
Reaction score
I thought I noticed price increases shown in the saved Configurator specs. Anyone observe the same?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230712_233921_Edge.jpg
    Screenshot_20230712_233921_Edge.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 83

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:29 AM
Reaction score
Today the distributor told me that a new price increase is planned for the beginning of Autumn, has anyone else heard anything about it?
No, I dare not ask till I get my hands on mine, (at pre November 22 prices). I'm presuming because I've signed the contract I'm protected on the original price. Although from memory there is a force majeure clause

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just had a quick look at the UK website which is showing as 'Under Maintenance'. Looks like my spec is now coming in at over £80,000 on the configurator. Last price was showing at £73,000.

IGL

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:29 AM
Reaction score
Hey, checked this morning and saw, that my configuration price is now 6.3 TEuro higher than my order price, so about 7 per cent. That could blow my set budget. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that IA doesn't pass on the price increase to those who have already ordered their Gren.

Reducs

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Supporter
Local time
1:29 AM
Reaction score
There’s no way IA raises prices on existing NA early reservation pre-orders.
Well, there is a way, but they'd better not! 😉

I think most of us thought the US price was ~10% higher than it should have been, so I guess they priced in the increase that was coming.

Local time
Reaction score
Well, there is a way, but they'd better not! 😉

I think most of us thought the US price was ~10% higher than it should have been, so I guess they priced in the increase that was coming.
That’s my guess as well. Ha yes, it’s possible. But it would be a suicidal business decision in the market.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I heard a rumor that Ineos is throwing in a pair of IG branded Wellies to keep our feet dry in the drivers seat!
But only in black to match the Trialmaster jacket.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think this can be sorted pretty easily...

Euro/RoW people who have units on order, are your vehicles MY23? If so, then this price hike will be for MY24.

North American people - all of our vehicles will be MY24, which would also make sense as to the slightly higher price initially.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is the spec for which I paid £67,700 fixed a year ago or more.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-12 at 18.32.21.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-12 at 18.32.21.png
    366.5 KB · Views: 64

JonSutton

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This is the spec for which I paid £67,700 fixed a year ago or more.
Based on the ‘new price’ you’ve a cracking deal for a 23 plate motor.

I don’t think those of us with signed contracts will see price increases excepting for tax rises. The contract we’ve got seems pretty clear on that.
Force majeure is difficult for Ineos unless something massive and unforeseen comes along. Ukraine, Covid, supply chain issues are all well known and out in the open. They are all pretty massive on their own and they’ve coped with them (good job, congrats).
If they wanted to be difficult they could be but I fully expect them to be honourable with me as I intend to be with them.

It is interesting to look at the adverts for used Grens on Autotrader - is it me or do they seem sticky for the sellers?

Back
Top Bottom