The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Rumors of upcoming price hike

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:12 AM
Reaction score
Based on the ‘new price’ you’ve a cracking deal for a 23 plate motor.

I don’t think those of us with signed contracts will see price increases excepting for tax rises. The contract we’ve got seems pretty clear on that.
Force majeure is difficult for Ineos unless something massive and unforeseen comes along. Ukraine, Covid, supply chain issues are all well known and out in the open. They are all pretty massive on their own and they’ve coped with them (good job, congrats).
If they wanted to be difficult they could be but I fully expect them to be honourable with me as I intend to be with them.

It is interesting to look at the adverts for used Grens on Autotrader - is it me or do they seem sticky for the sellers?
I would tend to agree with you. If holding fee has been paid I suspect Ineos will honour the price, even though the small print does not show that as being a given.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:12 AM
Reaction score
Glad to have a contract at initial price. Of course du to inflation and other impact Ineos had to. A New plastic Defender in similar configuration is about same price, Landcruiser is afaik sold out and cannot be ordered for some time. G Class I saw recently can be ordered again and price is hefty and way beyond. So Grenadier belongs still to the cheaper level in its class. Bronco not yet here.
Jeep Wrangler ..
But there is nothing like it.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:12 PM
Reaction score
I'll throw this on rumor pile, a Facebook poster from the USA Grenadier group stated he got a call from Ineos confirming his order so they can send it to production.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:12 PM
Reaction score
Did a online chat with Ineos because my pre order still didn't populate under my account. They were faster than phone. At first they couldn't find it, but then they did after I sent the confirmation email. I think the dude fat finger the number. Super helpful and said it should be showing soon. Asked about the rumor and he did say that they are calling people who put the order in twice(some ppl updating the wrong way) and confirming that they want two or one Grenadier. Leads me to believe this rumor was guy getting called to make sure he only wanted one.

MarkH

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
11:12 AM
Reaction score
Prices have just gone up substantially on Australian configurator.

You snooze you lose 🤷🏼‍♂️
It's down, where did you see this?
If you've ordered it shows LCT now in your price when it shouldn't.

Attachments

• IMG_20230713_103033.jpg
    IMG_20230713_103033.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 11

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:12 AM
Reaction score
this was on my saved/ non-ordered configurations. Maybe I can see this because my time zone is ahead of others?

I don’t keep track of pricing on these (I fixed order long ago), but now showing $128k which I believe is a hike

Last edited:

MarkH

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
this was on my saved/ non-ordered configurations. Maybe I can see this because my time zone is ahead of others?

I don’t keep track of pricing on these (I fixed order long ago), but now showing $128k which I believe is a hike
Maybe but website has had a pricing glitch for weeks now. Checkout showed LCT component.

Reactions: Sam

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

A configuration of mine was $128K, now it has gone to $131K - but I am not sure when that happened. You cannot actually go into the main configurator, but this is just on the summary screen.

Reactions: Sam

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:12 AM
Reaction score
Yeah I get that too now… be interesting to see the updates once available

MarkH

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
My order price has bounced all over the place, and the dealer shows a different price again. 🤷 Have seen $126k, 128 and last week saw 136 with LCT, which is obviously going to be corrected.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My order price has bounced all over the place, and the dealer shows a different price again. 🤷 Have seen $126k, 128 and last week saw 136 with LCT, which is obviously going to be corrected.
I was told to ignore the order price on the system
The one at the dealer was also incorrect when I made changes
The one on the contract was the same as my original order printout

Kilchoman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The £ has risen against the A$ in the last 10 days by about 3% and is forecast to go higher. (AUD to CAD on the other hand is quite stable for those Aussies that might venture to Whistler, Big White or Sun Peaks in 6 months time.) It's gonna be interesting. Do Ineos and the like take out forward contracts on exchange rates or is the combination of inflation and exchange rates going to be a teeny wee bit uncomfortable?
Yours sincerely,
Ever So Slightly Nervous!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The £ has risen against the A$ in the last 10 days by about 3% and is forecast to go higher. (AUD to CAD on the other hand is quite stable for those Aussies that might venture to Whistler, Big White or Sun Peaks in 6 months time.) It's gonna be interesting. Do Ineos and the like take out forward contracts on exchange rates or is the combination of inflation and exchange rates going to be a teeny wee bit uncomfortable?
Yours sincerely,
when buying from within the same parent company group it is common to have a fixed transfer price for 12 months.
I have purchased for many years from 3rd party companies all over the world and forward purchasing currency is the normal practice.
Often I made more profit on exchange rate variations than invoiced margin.
Electrical cable is usually linked to a clause in the sale contract fixed against variations in the LME (London Metals Exchange) prices on a given day

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yours sincerely,
Don't forget Ineos Automotive HQ accounts in Euros.

Last published accounts show it made a gain of €6.1 million on foreign exchange, but a loss of €1.48 million the previous year.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The recent days I monitored some comments on LinkedIn - where Ineos occasionally announces this or that. Of course certain whiners are complaining about non information to customers and non delivering - this and that.. Complains the Grenadier drives like a LGV or other about the rotating ball type steering, also prices, and nationalist type complaining
and purchasing a New Defender instead to be patriotic - and about brexit ineos.
Not a single thought considering the entire picture or research on the topic.
Why Hambach and not Wales.
Why not rod n pine.. -
Not knowing JLR is Tata and New Defender is built in CZ - in EU still a rather "cheap workforce" country.

For anyone - looking at the price of real comparable vehicle - the price of a Grenader is still below average. or just average.
The G is definitely in EU high end. - Of course a V8 engine.. wooden / leather interior lots of screens and luxury. The cheaper utilitarian version - is still not - not anymore available - entire production capacity is for military purpose.

Recently looked at Toyota LC - German page.. middle level from 63. 700EUR but this:
Bildschirmfoto 2023-07-13 um 08.53.10.png

Means "due to high request currently not to be ordered" in any configuration. Perhaps some Toyota Dealer has one in his showroom.. What a laugh.

Thats it. I think Sir Jim did the right invest.. - of course need to improve.. but at current pricing I am not sure if I would order one. I had a limit at somewhat 85kEUR .. Then I would wait for the Toyota instead.. still fits in the price range.. for now. I am sure Toyota will make an uplift too. - However.. Grenadier is ordered on a very acceptable price tag. - and I am not intending to sell it all.

Burki

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Germany
Ordered 15.06. 83.000€
Same configuration 12.07. 90.000€
We will see on the final bill what we have to pay....
90k€ is relatively inexpensive. I paid 65k€ for my Alpine A110 (1t empty weight), which means 65 €/kg.
The Grenny (3t empty weight) costs only 30 €/kg. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom