The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Roof rack from Leitner Designs coming soon

TahoeGren

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
4:17 AM
Reaction score
Looks great and more low profile than the OE Rhino-Rack. Any data on how much height it adds installed? I need the Grenadier to be under 7’ to fit in the garage when the rack isn’t used. The Rhino-Rack adds almost 4”.
Answering my own question: in the attached video they said it adds 2” of height. Perfect!

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:17 AM
Reaction score
I like this - seems ideal for mounting my RTT
Ok, dumb question here. Also looking for a rack or cross bars to mount our iKamper. How would you mount it to the rack? With our Defender rack I could see and work my hands underneath the roof rack to access the clamp with a ratchet to secure the tent onto the rack. With these lower profile options, which I need for height requirements, how do you reach the clamps that secure the roof top tent to the rack?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:17 PM
Reaction score
Ok, dumb question here. Also looking for a rack or cross bars to mount our iKamper. How would you mount it to the rack? With our Defender rack I could see and work my hands underneath the roof rack to access the clamp with a ratchet to secure the tent onto the rack. With these lower profile options, which I need for height requirements, how do you reach the clamps that secure the roof top tent to the rack?
This is so much easier than faffing with the locknuts under a rack or bar

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That's pretty slick. Unfortunately I'm limited by the height if I want to pull back into the garage. Have a hoist mounted on the ceiling so I can easily take it on and off. At 2" additional height with the rack with the tent mounted I'm probably looking at airing down the tires to give me an extra centimeter to make it inside with the Grenadier...

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
That's pretty slick. Unfortunately I'm limited by the height if I want to pull back into the garage. Have a hoist mounted on the ceiling so I can easily take it on and off. At 2" additional height with the rack with the tent mounted I'm probably looking at airing down the tires to give me an extra centimeter to make it inside with the Grenadier...
Pity.
I pay a price for leaving the vehicle outside all the time. Well at least the rain washes it for free!

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Available on their website now:

DezRoamer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:17 AM
Reaction score
@YIPPE re. my emphasis in bold above: the "400kg"---is clearly described as a static load...for when the vehicle is stationary e.g. ... not the load for travelling which is restricted to 150kg including the weight of the roof rack. The tie down rails are subjected essentially to "upwards" forces from straps/ropes securing a load... they're not designed to support a heavy vibrating downward force exacerbated by corrugations. If you unscrew the various fasteners and examine them in detail, including the substrate into which they screw, ...they are "adequate" for a reasonable tie-down task, but "flimsy" for a firm foundation required for a solid roof rack plus load. ;)
Thanks for this critical information.
Cheers

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I've had my Leitner rack on order for a few days now, along with their rack POD box and mount. I talked to Mr. Leitner about all this and he assured me that the mount bars are adequate. It's up to you to properly judge what is a safe load on ANY rack. His crossbars are good for RTT's, and the weight of two people, so I'm confident that this rack will work well for me. It's quite flexible with positioning of the bars and the T-slots all around. I like the idea of not using the gutters for support, and the look is way cleaner and less bulky.

Local time
Reaction score
I just received this email from Leitner Designs. Looks like a very nice platform. Here is a link to a video explaining their current roof rack system...hopefully the one for the Grenadier will be similar.
View: https://youtu.be/cCwJ-cuyRTc?si=afJR4QswOB5s-Qm1

Good Afternoon,

Our ACS Roof rack is going to be available in about 2-4 weeks for the Ineos! The price is going to be around $1300.00. Attached are photos and a quick video from our engineer, Bernhard. Once available for purchase on the website we will send you an email to place your order.

If you are interested in the Roo Guard, that is still in testing phases but should be released shortly after the ACS Roof rack.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you!
support@leitnerdesigns.com
Will there be attachments for lights?

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Any word on availability of the cross bars?
Should be within the next few weeks. They were very responsive when I emailed them about the cross bars for mounting our roof top tent.

Jack123

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I just received this email from Leitner Designs. Looks like a very nice platform. Here is a link to a video explaining their current roof rack system...hopefully the one for the Grenadier will be similar.
View: https://youtu.be/cCwJ-cuyRTc?si=afJR4QswOB5s-Qm1

Good Afternoon,

Our ACS Roof rack is going to be available in about 2-4 weeks for the Ineos! The price is going to be around $1300.00. Attached are photos and a quick video from our engineer, Bernhard. Once available for purchase on the website we will send you an email to place your order.

If you are interested in the Roo Guard, that is still in testing phases but should be released shortly after the ACS Roof rack.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you!
support@leitnerdesigns.com

The rack is awesome! Better than the one from Ineos! I'll but it instead!

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Good! Perhaps you were part of the first batch that just completed. I don't know if I am....
@Jeffrey I received email with tracking information this afternoon. Didn’t think it would be so soon. You?
UPDATE: At 8:15 tonight, UPS showed up with my Leritner order. Ready to unbox tomorrow.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
UPDATE: At 8:15 tonight, UPS showed up with my Leritner order. Ready to unbox tomorrow.
Strange request: can we get a picture of the boxes it comes in (before you rip them open with much enthusiasm)? The Leitner site does not give shipping options for Australia and I would like to work out a rough cost.

Back
Top Bottom