The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Roof plug issues

MNV

Production/Transit
Local time
10:28 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone had issues with there being no power to the roof plugs (ext2/3) switches?
There’s nothing there with appropriate switches on and lights plugged or via a multimeter.

Thanks In anticipation!

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:28 PM
Reaction score
The front left plug was inoperable with my car. There is another plug in the interior behind the roof liner which they forgot to connect at the factory, so no current at the roof plug.

The Bosch Service cured it but they told me how difficult it was to solve this issue. They had to talk to Ineos engineers twice before they found the interior plug.

Reactions: MNV

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:28 AM
Reaction score
Without having accessories with which to test them, what's the best way to check?

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:28 PM
Reaction score
Without having accessories with which to test them, what's the best way to check?
Switch the roof plugs (ext2/3) on. Connect anything electrical (light) with a Deutsch DTP plug to the roof outlets. Or use a multimeter.

angstorms

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
7:28 AM
Reaction score
Looks like one more tool to put in the bag before I fly up to Colorado Springs Friday to pick up the Grenadier. Maybe I ended up make some test leads with Deutsch DTP plug at some point.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:28 AM
Reaction score
Looks like one more tool to put in the bag before I fly up to Colorado Springs Friday to pick up the Grenadier. Maybe I ended up make some test leads with Deutsch DTP plug at some point.
It should be noted that the OP most likely has a MY23 vehicle (as does WhiteBear ), so these are less likely to be found on the MY24s

angstorms

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
7:28 AM
Reaction score
I added to the list of things to check, it 311 miles ( 500 Km) to the dealer once I am back home.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If people what to use a circuit test light, use the LED version, no feedbacks like you can have using the older style circuit test lights. Downside is that LED circuits testers cost more.

Wazza

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I instantly get 12v, for a microsecond on the multimeter and then nothing. It's very odd. Is there some sort of diode or resistor in between the switch and the socket?

Back
Top Bottom