The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Rock sliders

CJV

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:34 PM
Reaction score
Hello: I have configured mt pre-order as a Trialmaster with most of the options but am vacillating on Rock Sliders. I like the idea of having protection underneath and having a step up into the vehicle. At $1,065 USD, I am considering waiting for an aftermarket option. Any thoughts ?

Local time
Reaction score
Hello: I have configured mt pre-order as a Trialmaster with most of the options but am vacillating on Rock Sliders. I like the idea of having protection underneath and having a step up into the vehicle. At $1,065 USD, I am considering waiting for an aftermarket option. Any thoughts ?
You absolutely cannot use the sliders as a step. They're way too close to the body, and totally round. Experimented with that at the MD drive event and it's an absolute no-go. If I purchase, I won't be getting them...waiting for aftermarket.

Reactions: CJV

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:34 PM
Reaction score
You absolutely cannot use the sliders as a step. They're way too close to the body, and totally round. Experimented with that at the MD drive event and it's an absolute no-go. If I purchase, I won't be getting them...waiting for aftermarket.
We’ve gone for side steps as we find it much easier to get in with them. If they get buckled and protect the bodywork in the process then I figure they’ve done their job. It’s at that point that I may re invest in some after market combined rock slider/steps. After all 20k miles around west and Southern Africa and all I got was some dents in my Defender side steps.

Local time
Reaction score
I saw that...and while kudos are due...that kinda eliminates the "slider" part of rock sliders for me ;). And I'm not going to be removing/adding parts...particular when dirty and having to stow them. I'll wait for someone to make something that also comes out a bit more to push off of anything rather than get so close to the doors. Or I'll just go to my friendly, local, fab shop and cut them loose. Gonna be a long...long...time for options to materialize here Stateside anyway :cry:

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:34 PM
Reaction score
I had the IA rock sliders as part of my build, but now I'm having second thoughts. The price is pretty decent, but the lack of add-on steps and inability to use them as such as is gives me pause. Black Sheep Innovations has a good after-market product, but at twice the price, with steps:

Rockslider Ineos Grenadier 04 - Black Sheep Innovations GmbH-min.jpg

Looks a lot better than Ineos' offering. Hopefully other manufacturers will step up with other solutions - ideally in the next thirty days!

Last edited:

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I like the look of the Black Sheep option. Unfortunately my wife has made the side step a mandatory option, otherwise I’d go with the IG rock sliders. One of the Ineos staff at the US events said he’s going to have a shop weld some type of step or bar on the factory sliders, I just don’t have the time or access to someone with the skills that I’d trust to do that.

Reactions: CJV

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:34 AM
Reaction score
We’ve gone for side steps as we find it much easier to get in with them. If they get buckled and protect the bodywork in the process then I figure they’ve done their job. It’s at that point that I may re invest in some after market combined rock slider/steps. After all 20k miles around west and Southern Africa and all I got was some dents in my Defender side steps.
Same. Wife needs steps so I went with them. They are the most solid OE side steps I have ever seen and are bolted solidly to the chassis. I dont doubt that whilst they are definitely not rocksliders that they will provide some level of protection and if they do get damaged then hopefully there will by then be a decent combination slider step and its an excuse to replace them. Kudos to Black Sheep for being first out, but I don’t love theirs and it’s expensive

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:34 PM
Reaction score
No badger bars either?
Hi Forum, I just posted under the Black Sheep Inovations thread, Post #280, detailed information about both Black Sheep and Urban Automotive side steps and rocks sliders. I have been doing a deep dive on purchasing one of these aftermarket solutions instead of buying the Grenadier Side Steps. Since all of us in the USA are going to be placing orders in the next couple weeks, I thought this information may be timely for those trying to make decisions on purchasing the Grenadier products or perhaps hold off and look at these 2 companies solutions. For me, I am not going to spec the side steps from Grenadier and save my money towards purchasing something from either Black Sheep or Urban Automotive at this time. DaBull

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Forum, I just posted under the Black Sheep Inovations thread, Post #280, detailed information about both Black Sheep and Urban Automotive side steps and rocks sliders. I have been doing a deep dive on purchasing one of these aftermarket solutions instead of buying the Grenadier Side Steps. Since all of us in the USA are going to be placing orders in the next couple weeks, I thought this information may be timely for those trying to make decisions on purchasing the Grenadier products or perhaps hold off and look at these 2 companies solutions. For me, I am not going to spec the side steps from Grenadier and save my money towards purchasing something from either Black Sheep or Urban Automotive at this time. DaBull
Here's the link to my post under Black Sheep Inovations, Post # 280
DaBull

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The rock sliders don’t work as a step... and the steps don’t work as sliders so if you want both aftermarket might be a better option.
That’s kind of where I am. If I go ahead with the I G I’ll probably go third-party probably at the same time as I go with 285 tires.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I need steps for the wife and kids. Another benefit I've found with my Shrockworks steps on the 4runner is that they protect the doors from the dings I'd otherwise take in parking lots from all the Priuses and Subarus around here.

Reactions: Max

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Same. Wife needs steps so I went with them. They are the most solid OE side steps I have ever seen and are bolted solidly to the chassis. I dont doubt that whilst they are definitely not rocksliders that they will provide some level of protection and if they do get damaged then hopefully there will by then be a decent combination slider step and its an excuse to replace them. Kudos to Black Sheep for being first out, but I don’t love theirs and it’s expensive
Check out LeTech's rockslider and footsteps at the same time.

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I just placed my preorder. Had to go with a non Belstaff configuration because I wanted steel wheels (17 inch) and no raised air intake. I went with the oem rock sliders but fully anticipate going aftermarket with some kind of step. It’s great to see these aftermarket suppliers showing their wares. Hopefully I’ll be able to add a beefy steel roo bar to my oem bumper with the Red winch. I have a feeling there will be an active forum market place as we all switch things around and pull off things we don’t want/need.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:34 AM
Reaction score
I just placed my preorder. Had to go with a non Belstaff configuration because I wanted steel wheels (17 inch) and no raised air intake. I went with the oem rock sliders but fully anticipate going aftermarket with some kind of step. It’s great to see these aftermarket suppliers showing their wares. Hopefully I’ll be able to add a beefy steel roo bar to my oem bumper with the Red winch. I have a feeling there will be an active forum market place as we all switch things around and pull off things we don’t want/need.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:34 AM
Reaction score
Check the ADRs for roo/bullbars. You may find that you can't go too beefy but it would be good to see some other designs. Check the fixings on the OEM and you'll see they are quite different to nearly all others.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I looked on their site but all they show is G Wagon items?
I have not looked at the current LeTech-page. The products are relatively new. When I picked up my Grenadier at the end of April, they had just installed the first products in their vehicle (the MM in the picture). I was a passenger and was impressed with the roof rack with the headlights. Unlike the INEOS roof rack, there was hardly any wind noise. And that was despite the fact that the big headlights were mounted. As far as I know, they even tested and optimised the vehicle in the wind tunnel. The rock sliders, which also serve as steps, are also very well thought out. There are holes where you can insert a Hi-Jack.

It may be that they haven't updated the homepage yet. Send them an email with a request for pictures.

Back
Top Bottom