The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Rock sliders

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:36 AM
Reaction score
One at the front, one at the back, one for the fuel tank, various cross members, one for the sump(?) and perhaps guards on both diffs.

FB_IMG_1662703579059.jpg
FB_IMG_1662708603566.jpg

Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think so. It wasn't there on earlier vehicles so who knows whether it's there as a result of feedback from testing or just the better safe than sorry approach ~ and indeed if they will make it onto customer vehicles, they're not mentioned in any equipment lists I've seen.

Local time
Reaction score
I saw the roo bar last week. I'm unclear how many actual roos have been part of the testing. I'm pretty sure if you nail a decent one it will bend back and hit the body work.

I'm also concerned about whether you'll be able to straighten it by hooking up a big rope to a tree and persuading it back. Might be a problem if you hit two on a trip.

Having said that it looks great and I'll probably get it anyway. :D

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:36 PM
Reaction score
If you don't , sod's law says you will hit something as you drive away from the agent.
And it may be a while before the aftermarket chips in with its expensive alternative .
I imagine it has been rigorously tested anyway.

tnkatoy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thankfully on the demo day there was a car with the sliders and they are too close to the body to safely use as side-steps, the car is also too high to get into comfortably without side-steps, and you can't have both, so the sliders are gone in favor of the steps.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:36 PM
Reaction score
The Ineos is the same height as my lifted Disco ; no probs for my wife (5 ft 6) or myself to get in without steps.
But as always try before you buy.
I was 'betwixt and between' on this ---wife had no issues when we went for the drive day, however on a visit to the Brisbane agent's showroom it was evident that the side steps were very useful when 'negotiating' one's way to/from the vehicle where door opening was restricted... so they're confirmed on the order....
Then I thought of another use for the side steps... as a base for self supporting slanted awning poles ;)

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The Ineos is the same height as my lifted Disco ; no probs for my wife (5 ft 6) or myself to get in without steps.
But as always try before you buy.
Justin Hocevar pointed out that as the vehicle is so wide in normal carparks it is often difficult to swing the door wide enough to get out easily.
He said he stands on the step then closes the door and gets down.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was 'betwixt and between' on this ---wife had no issues when we went for the drive day, however on a visit to the Brisbane agent's showroom it was evident that the side steps were very useful when 'negotiating' one's way to/from the vehicle where door opening was restricted... so they're confirmed on the order....
Then I thought of another use for the side steps... as a base for self supporting slanted awning poles ;)
They are also handy when strapping things on the roof

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Although not configuring with roo-bar, am considering rock sliders (for benefit of protection vs cost of weight). Is there any reduction in either or both of clearance or ramp-over? My use will be on forestry fire-trails and national parks roads, on farm use as well as overlanding eventually.
Thanks in advance!
I don’t think they reduce clearance significantly at all from the look I had.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Justin Hocevar pointed out that as the vehicle is so wide in normal carparks it is often difficult to swing the door wide enough to get out easily.
He said he stands on the step then closes the door and gets down.
I avoid carparks wherever possible!
I'm good at just dropping out if necessary. Each to his/her own!

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If you don't , sod's law says you will hit something as you drive away from the agent.
And it may be a while before the aftermarket chips in with its expensive alternative .
I imagine it has been rigorously tested anyway.
I thought that was "Murphy's Law"

caalm

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I saw the roo bar last week. I'm unclear how many actual roos have been part of the testing. I'm pretty sure if you nail a decent one it will bend back and hit the body work.

I'm also concerned about whether you'll be able to straighten it by hooking up a big rope to a tree and persuading it back. Might be a problem if you hit two on a trip.

Fraid I'm not from Aus so thankfully don't have the problem of roos over here....

But it's probably better than nothing at all 😄

Also, it won't be long until the aftermarket roo bars come out for the Gren.

It's a shame roo bars (we call them bull bars even though we rarely have bulls jumping out in front of us) are banned in the UK 😭😭

Back
Top Bottom