The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Rhino roof bars / cross bars

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:20 PM
Reaction score
Hello,

I have the Rhino roof bars as fitted by Ineos. Very happy with them. I am trying to fit some Lazer working lights to the rear roof bar 'T' track and I an struggling to find suitable M8 x 25mm (or slightly longer) T bolts of a decent base size to attach the lights to. I can find something suitable in Oz https://roofrack.com.au/product/rola-rwsla28-m8x28mm-t-bolts-nuts/ but struggling in the UK. The base needs to be of a certain size say 20x30mm otherwise quite a lot of play.

Anyone sourced something similar?

Thanks

Reactions: PBD

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:20 PM
Reaction score
Hello,

I have the Rhino roof bars as fitted by Ineos. Very happy with them. I am trying to fit some Lazer working lights to the rear roof bar 'T' track and I an struggling to find suitable M8 x 25mm (or slightly longer) T bolts of a decent base size to attach the lights to. I can find something suitable in Oz https://roofrack.com.au/product/rola-rwsla28-m8x28mm-t-bolts-nuts/ but struggling in the UK. The base needs to be of a certain size say 20x30mm otherwise quite a lot of play.

Thanks
The T bolts supplied to connect the legs to the Pioneer bar are M8 T20 . The RhinoRack part number included on a packing slip was SP308. (that may include the M8 nuts).

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:20 AM
Reaction score
Hello,

Thanks
Any photos you can share? I'm curious what the cross bars look like up close and how easy it will be to attach lights to them.

Thanks.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hello,

Thanks
Good fastener supplier: https://www.westfieldfasteners.co.uk/index.html

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:20 AM
Reaction score
I have added a third bar. I used a rhino bracket but mounted it under the bar, not on top (these bars have channels on all sides, front back top and bottom) and also I cut the bracket so it tucked under better because it stuck out a bit far.
View attachment 7832740
Hi AnD3rew, I have ordered a pari of Grenadier Rhino racks. My garage clearance is tight and I might need to modify the brackets to lower the bottom of the cross bar to set 1/16" above the 4 plastic roof strips. Can you take a look at the brackets and let me know if they could be cut down and modified to lower the cross bars. I don't mind taking them to a welding shop and having them re-coated once complete. Like to get your thoughts on this. Could you also measure the thickness of the cross bars at their thickest part of their profile. That way I will be able to take that measurement + 1/16" and know how much above the plastic strips they willl rest and see if the Grenadier will fit into my garage. Thanks in advance. DaBull

Reactions: PBD

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Any photos you can share? I'm curious what the cross bars look like up close and how easy it will be to attach lights to them.

Thanks.
Sure Krabby. Might not be tomo as weather forecast to be dreadful.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi AnD3rew, I have ordered a pari of Grenadier Rhino racks. My garage clearance is tight and I might need to modify the brackets to lower the bottom of the cross bar to set 1/16" above the 4 plastic roof strips. Can you take a look at the brackets and let me know if they could be cut down and modified to lower the cross bars. I don't mind taking them to a welding shop and having them re-coated once complete. Like to get your thoughts on this. Could you also measure the thickness of the cross bars at their thickest part of their profile. That way I will be able to take that measurement + 1/16" and know how much above the plastic strips they willl rest and see if the Grenadier will fit into my garage. Thanks in advance. DaBull
In the civilised world we use mm and centimetres so you will need to do your own stone age conversions.

Attachments

• IMG_5155.jpeg
    IMG_5155.jpeg
    76.7 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_5162.jpeg
    IMG_5162.jpeg
    73.6 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_5163.jpeg
    IMG_5163.jpeg
    91.7 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_5160.jpeg
    IMG_5160.jpeg
    83.6 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_5156.jpeg
    IMG_5156.jpeg
    86.7 KB · Views: 118

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I love your work…. But how does the world manage with these irreconcilable fractions?😆 Just a reminder that to all non-liberians, 1/16th has to be mentally sorted out as a 1/16 of 25mm being 1 inch to make any sense. A 16th of a 25 is horrible maths.
Yes, I am completely taking out my frustration at my father here, who remains partly imperial even whilst using his lathe in metric to make 13/64 fittings, but honestly!

Can we agree the grenadier is metric, and internationally do that😂🥴 Maybe Ineos can be the catalyst for people discovering the truth and beauty of metric…. And then we can strap metric wings on the pigs before takeoff.

holdmybeer

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Can we agree the grenadier is metric, and internationally do that😂🥴 Maybe Ineos can be the catalyst for people discovering the truth and beauty of metric…. And then we can strap metric wings on the pigs before takeoff.

Sure. What wheel size are you running on your Grenadier? I ordered the 431.8 mm steelies. :ROFLMAO:

Anyways, metric for *everything* gets my thumbs-up. Canadians are more progressive than Americans that way, but we haven't gone far enough. We buy our gasoline and milk in litres. Travel is always km and km/h. Temperature is °C. But ask most Canadians their height and weight in cm and kg and you'll get a blank stare.

Last edited:

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sure. What wheel size are you running on your Grenadier? I ordered the 431.8 mm steelies. :ROFLMAO:

Anyways, metric for *everything* gets my thumbs-up. Canadians are more progressive than Americans that way, but we haven't gone far enough. We buy our gasoline and milk in litres. Travel is always km and km/h. Temperature is °C. But ask most Canadians their height and weight in cm and kg and you'll get a blank stare.
….touche… tyres made the leap, youre right theres still things like wheels that are stubborn. Wasnt there some internet thing explaining that the width of interstate bridges in the US was a consequence of the romans measuring 2 horses rumps pulling a cart?
hopefully we can change a little fast than that, but clearly wheels is a bridge too far…

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
….touche… tyres made the leap, youre right theres still things like wheels that are stubborn. Wasnt there some internet thing explaining that the width of interstate bridges in the US was a consequence of the romans measuring 2 horses rumps pulling a cart?
hopefully we can change a little fast than that, but clearly wheels is a bridge too far…
Tyres are nuts 265mm/70%/r17inches 🤷‍♂️

holdmybeer

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
While we're at it, let's drop this "a circle is divided into 360 units" nonsense. Universal constants exist, and 360 ain't one of them.

e.g. the Grenadier's 36° approach or breakover angle is best expressed as π/5 radians

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
While we're at it, let's drop this "a circle is divided into 360 units" nonsense. Universal constants exist, and 360 ain't one of them.

e.g. the Grenadier's 36° approach or breakover angle is best expressed as π/5 radians
So if I divvy up the food rations on a trip, each radian in the group gets 10% of the pie? :cool:

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ok, I am sorry I started this but @James you properly poked the bear 🤣

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ok, I am sorry I started this but @James you properly poked the bear 🤣
I did, but I must admit I’m loving the response. No-one whining about the natural order and inches, but rather defining radian pythagorean nightmares, and giving the Babylonians some stick…. if youre going to be obtuse (yes, angle pun) then you may as well be obscure, accurate and erudite. That’s Grenadier peeps…

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In the civilised world we use mm and centimetres so you will need to do your own stone age conversions.
Hi AnD3rew, Great photos and info in mm. :)
Much appreciated. DaBull

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
20231006_092237.jpg
This gives you and idea of the top of the bar above the "floor" of the roof gutter.
According to the Ineos brochure, the height of the vehicle ( presuming the top of the roof strips) is 2036mm and 2150mm if fitted with roof bars. I don't have a flat garage floor surface .. I don't have a garage! ...so I can't verify this.

Back
Top Bottom