The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Cross-bars

Local time
5:52 PM
Reaction score
I have three very specific questions. I am planning to use the Nautic Kayak Loader offered by Rhino-Rack. However I am not sure it will be compatible with the roof-racks provided by Ineos:
1. Looking at their design, I assume the Grenadier cross-bars the Vortex cross-bars?
2. What is the entire length of the bar?
3. The bar overhang needs to be at least 100mm, excluding pad and clamp setups. Has someone measured it?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:52 PM
Reaction score
I am planning to use the Nautic Kayak Loader offered by Rhino-Rack
That's an expensive gadget. :oops:

I mean, it's basically two rails? Shouldn't it be possible to take two telescopic fiber or aluminium rods and some brackets to achieve the same for half the price?

Local time
5:52 PM
Reaction score
That's an expensive gadget. :oops:

I mean, it's basically two rails? Shouldn't it be possible to take two telescopic fiber or aluminium rods and some brackets to achieve the same for half the price?
It is expensive indeed but also includes winch, ropes, hook and brackets to fix to the roof rack when not in use.

Nixon_04

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
Are the IG offered cross-bars (OEM Rhino) the Vortex model? Dent asked the same question. Do you think the Yakima HD Bars could be a good alternative vs the IG offered cross-bars?

A1B2C3D4

Production/Transit
Local time
10:52 AM
Reaction score
Are the IG offered cross-bars (OEM Rhino) the Vortex model? Dent asked the same question. Do you think the Yakima HD Bars could be a good alternative vs the IG offered cross-bars?
Whoever gets the Ineos ones and can check to see if they make loud wind sounds on the highway, I would much appreciate knowing. Thanks!

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:52 AM
Reaction score
No i don’t think so. More like the heavy duty ones I think

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:52 PM
Reaction score
I was having a dig around the Rhino website on the weekend as I have a set of standard square profile HD Rhino roof barsd on my D2 and having a number of accessories that fit them was after some ideas for the Grenadier.

It looks like the Ineos bars have the same profile as Rhino's Reconn Deck bar and use custom feet, so my fittings won't match. https://www.rhinorack.com/en-au/pro...rts/bars/reconn-deck-bar-1500mm-single_rdb150

However visiting the dealer here last week I measured the height of the roof from the gutter as approximately 170mm so my bars with 210mm high feet should fit.

Cheers

Steve

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:52 AM
Reaction score
That's v. handy info.👍Thanks
I have several lengths plus assorted offcuts of 38mm powder coated slotted angle ("Dexion" in the old language) . I've been experimenting with various length offcuts bolted to the Rhino bars on my Santa Fe to test wind noise/ whistling effects. So far so good. A braced roof rack from this material might just do the trick and be significantly lighter than commercial offerings.... more testing!!

jb_hamon

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was having a dig around the Rhino website on the weekend as I have a set of standard square profile HD Rhino roof barsd on my D2 and having a number of accessories that fit them was after some ideas for the Grenadier.

It looks like the Ineos bars have the same profile as Rhino's Reconn Deck bar and use custom feet, so my fittings won't match. https://www.rhinorack.com/en-au/pro...rts/bars/reconn-deck-bar-1500mm-single_rdb150

However visiting the dealer here last week I measured the height of the roof from the gutter as approximately 170mm so my bars with 210mm high feet should fit.

Cheers

Steve
Hi,
I‘ve just received a pair of Rhinorack gutter leg made for the original LR defender (ref.RL210DS8). They fit on the Grenadier. So I’ve ordered right away two more pairs and 3 Rhinorack HD 1800mm bars.
I will probably use the little trick seen here https://www.theineosforum.com/media/1688370503745-png.12488/
IMG_0686.png

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:52 PM
Reaction score
Where in the gutter do the feet want to sit naturally before you bend them like that?

jb_hamon

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Where in the gutter do the feet want to sit naturally before you bend them like that?
These legs and bars are note Rhinoracks, they’re from Thule.
As I just have one pair of legs for the moment, I didn’t have a chance to see how they sit in the gutter with the bars on them. But when installed without bars, they tend to sit next to the roof, in the inner part of the gutter.
I’m expecting to receive bars and extra legs before this week ends. I’ll post pictures asap 😊

Back
Top Bottom