The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Rhino Full and 3/4 size

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:30 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone seen the dimensions LxW of both Rhino rack options? Prefer the 3/4 so I can use the safari windows - but the iKamper tents have rack length requirements.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:30 AM
Reaction score
Just dropped $3k on the Front Runner 3/4. They are just back in stock in Oz and I didn't want to miss out before spring/summer.
Mind you, I haven't got the Grenadier quite yet!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Front Runner 3/4 because you have safari windows ?
Yes.
If I ever need to go full size it's just a matter of buying longer side pieces.
Unlikely, now my wife is twisting my arm to think about hybrid offroad caravans...

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes.
If I ever need to go full size it's just a matter of buying longer side pieces.
Unlikely, now my wife is twisting my arm to think about hybrid offroad caravans...
Mountaintrail are.

I looked through the 17ft LXV at the Melb Caravan & Camping Show earlier this year & their product is amazing, best in class; very high quality, superbly made with great attention to detail.

Reassuringly expensive but.....only the best for the better half I say!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Mountaintrail are.

I looked through the 17ft LXV at the Melb Caravan & Camping Show earlier this year & their product is amazing, best in class; very high quality, superbly made with great attention to detail.

Reassuringly expensive but.....only the best for the better half I say!

Probably need another thread for vans!
We're attending that show in October.
Not keen on a big van , esp for some Tas tracks.
So far we have homed in on this one. Well optioned. We' re not travelling with children.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:30 AM
Reaction score
Probably need another thread for vans!
We're attending that show in October.
Not keen on a big van , esp for some Tas tracks.
So far we have homed in on this one. Well optioned. We' re not travelling with children.
I would also support a thread for vans.
Then we could draw comparisons to the Grenadier and see how other companies cummunicate.
Do you mean vans as separate vehicles (that's what I mean) or caravans?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I would also support a thread for vans.
Then we could draw comparisons to the Grenadier and see how other companies cummunicate.
Do you mean vans as separate vehicles (that's what I mean) or caravans?
I meant caravans, incl camper trailers.
Much variation in different countries, but may be interesting to compare.

HT

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve previously had a rhino rack and found it perfectly did what it was supposed to.

That 3/4 rhino rack now available as an option on the configurator was looking the goods for me, so I wrote to the dealer and asked him if I could buy one. sadly the dealer has informed me:
“The ¾ Roof Platform is not available for purchasing yet. INOES have advised this roof platform may not be able to be purchased until first quarter 2024.”

In the last few years, I’ve come to speak ‘Ineosian’ fluently. For those who aren’t fluent, the above quote means you might be able to order in late’24 but delivery won’t occur until late 2025.

Time to look for an alternate 6 foot rack.

Karearea

Production/Transit
Local time
2:30 AM
Reaction score
I’ve previously had a rhino rack and found it perfectly did what it was supposed to.

That 3/4 rhino rack now available as an option on the configurator was looking the goods for me, so I wrote to the dealer and asked him if I could buy one. sadly the dealer has informed me:
“The ¾ Roof Platform is not available for purchasing yet. INOES have advised this roof platform may not be able to be purchased until first quarter 2024.”

In the last few years, I’ve come to speak ‘Ineosian’ fluently. For those who aren’t fluent, the above quote means you might be able to order in late’24 but delivery won’t occur until late 2025.

Time to look for an alternate 6 foot rack.
Mmm 🤔. That’s a bummer as I’ve spec’d one on my build. Ah well, don’t expect to see it until probably Q2 24 so I’ll try to stay positive 🤞🏽

HT

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Mmm 🤔. That’s a bummer as I’ve spec’d one on my build. Ah well, don’t expect to see it until probably Q2 24 so I’ll try to stay positive 🤞🏽
It’s probably a different situation if you configure it in your build from the outset… I think the problem selling one to me is probably that they only have enough to fulfil future new orders 🤷🏼‍♂️ I think you’ll be fine.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Are you sure it's a 3/4 and not 1/2?
I still haven't seen dimensions of the Rhino "3/4"

HT

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Are you sure it's a 3/4 and not 1/2?
I still haven't seen dimensions of the Rhino "3/4"
Taz, on the Configurator there’s now a rhino rack described as a ‘6ft’ rack … that’s the rack I’ve (correctly or incorrectly) called the 3/4 rack.

moosetown

Production/Transit
Local time
9:30 AM
Reaction score
I just want a low profile rack (preferably the Rhino) that comes as far as possible up to the Safari Windows that they can still open.

Local time
2:30 AM
Reaction score
there is just over 2m behind the safari windows Hard to measure someone elses shiny new grenadier in the wind with a tape measure

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just want a low profile rack (preferably the Rhino) that comes as far as possible up to the Safari Windows that they can still open.
Front runner slimline II 3/4 has a low profile, is strong & light. It ois 1964mm long and ends before the safari windows.

Reactions: HT

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Taz, on the Configurator there’s now a rhino rack described as a ‘6ft’ rack … that’s the rack I’ve (correctly or incorrectly) called the 3/4 rack.
well the Rhino 6foot rack is not 6ft.

6ft is about 1830mm

I think the Rhino 3/4 rack is 1670mm, call it 1700mm.

The Front Runner Slimline 3/4 rack is 1964mm

Reactions: CB
Back
Top Bottom