The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Rhino Rack Hack

Local time
7:33 AM
Reaction score
About to get my Trialmaster with Safari Windows and I ordered the full length Rhino Rack.
Just out of curiosity, would it be easy to grind out the vertical rack slats over the Safari windows so that you can open these?

Maybe leave centre one, and grind out the 2 verticals either side in-between first and second horizontal structural slat.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:33 PM
Reaction score
About to get my Trialmaster with Safari Windows and I ordered the full length Rhino Rack.
Just out of curiosity, would it be easy to grind out the vertical rack slats over the Safari windows so that you can open these?

Maybe leave centre one, and grind out the 2 verticals either side in-between first and second horizontal structural slat.
I think they run length ways so not possible without putting another support structure in place.
I think that’s why some liked the Frontrunner where you could in theory remove a couple of front left-right slats.

Local time
Reaction score
I think they run length ways so not possible without putting another support structure in place.
I think that’s why some liked the Frontrunner where you could in theory remove a couple of front left-right slats.
Vertical slats on top of the horizontal structural ones. There's a horizontal support bar in front and behind the safari windows underneath the vertical load slats.
Should be pretty easy to grind out without and effect on the overall structural strength of the rack. Ony concern is that if you grind them out then the ends of the extruded aluminium are hollow, which won't look that great, so just need some sort of fliller.

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
Ich bin dabei, meinen Trialmaster mit Safari Windows zu bekommen, und ich habe das Rhino Rack in voller Länge bestellt.
Nur aus Neugier, wäre es einfach, die vertikalen Rack-Lamellen über den Safari-Fenstern auszuschleifen, damit Sie diese öffnen können?

Vielleicht lassen Sie die Mitte eins und schleifen Sie die 2 Vertikalen auf beiden Seiten zwischen der ersten und zweiten horizontalen Strukturlatte aus.
Hallo. Ich hatte die gleiche Idee wie du. Aber ich habe zuerst 8000 km gewartet. Sie können die Paneele der Länge leicht verkürzen. Um die Fenster vollständig zu entfernen, steht das vordere Kreuz im Weg. Deshalb verfolge ich den Plan, das Rack vollständig zu verkürzen. Ich habe ein PDF-Handbuch für das Rack über Stu hochgeladen. Ich habe nächste Woche einen Termin mit dem Stahlarbeiter.

Attachments

• IMG_8279.jpeg
    IMG_8279.jpeg
    496.1 KB · Views: 220

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
After a long time, the full Rhino rack has finally been shortened. I'm very happy with it. Significantly less wind noise. The Safari windows can be set up freely and vertically so that they can be removed. It took some screwing and sawing work. It was easy to remove with the crane and put back on the roof. The side supports were flexed. We pulled out the aluminum profiles one by one, shortened them with an old band saw and screwed them back on. Finally the two side profiles. These have a 5 mm difference because of the plastic corners! The rack now weighs 11.44 kg less. So from 60 kg to 48.56 kg.

Attachments

• IMG_8713.jpeg
    IMG_8713.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 170
  • IMG_8714.jpeg
    IMG_8714.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 168
  • IMG_8715.jpeg
    IMG_8715.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 165
  • IMG_8717.jpeg
    IMG_8717.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 162
  • IMG_8719.jpeg
    IMG_8719.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 159
  • IMG_8720.jpeg
    IMG_8720.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 160
  • IMG_8721.jpeg
    IMG_8721.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 160
  • IMG_8723.jpeg
    IMG_8723.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 169
  • IMG_8724.jpeg
    IMG_8724.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 179
  • IMG_8726.jpeg
    IMG_8726.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 172
  • IMG_8729.jpeg
    IMG_8729.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 165
  • IMG_8730.jpeg
    IMG_8730.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 145
  • IMG_8728.jpeg
    IMG_8728.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 154

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
After a long time, the full Rhino rack has finally been shortened. I'm very happy with it. Significantly less wind noise. The Safari windows can be set up freely and vertically so that they can be removed. It took some screwing and sawing work. It was easy to remove with the crane and put back on the roof. The side supports were flexed. We pulled out the aluminum profiles one by one, shortened them with an old band saw and screwed them back on. Finally the two side profiles. These have a 5 mm difference because of the plastic corners! The rack now weighs 11.44 kg less. So from 60 kg to 48.56 kg.
Looks great. What length has the platform ended up? Also how far off the factory roof rails is it.

Reactions: PBD
Local time
12:33 AM
Reaction score

I want to do this as well. I swear when I originally built this truck, it stated windows couldn't be removed, not open. I'm pissed I wasted the money on this rack.

Let me know if there's a clear way of doing this and having the ends look good.

Thanks,
Joe

Reactions: PBD

Mitchell300

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:33 AM
Reaction score
I want to do this as well. I swear when I originally built this truck, it stated windows couldn't be removed, not open. I'm pissed I wasted the money on this rack.

Let me know if there's a clear way of doing this and having the ends look good.

Thanks,
Joe
Checkout post #6 from @Barney above.

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:33 AM
Reaction score
I thought the racks, 3/4 or full, could be purchased from Ineos (during build) or dealer (after build).

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:33 AM
Reaction score
I thought the racks, 3/4 or full, could be purchased from Ineos (during build) or dealer (after build).
I've been told that the 3/4 rack has not even been crash tested. The dealer does not know when or if it will be available. They are sending me a refund for mine.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:33 AM
Reaction score
They were able to be.... Well, the full still can, however, the 3/4 is no longer available from what has been posted on here

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In Australia the 3/4 rack was available for a time and then withdrawn/suspended.
We substituted for load bars as a temporary solution, and have a rack waiting at Leitner.

Lars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:33 PM
Reaction score
I've been told that the 3/4 rack has not even been crash tested. The dealer does not know when or if it will be available. They are sending me a refund for mine.
This is the problem with Ineos. There doesn't seem to be any official word about this or really anything. As far as I know I am still waiting for the 3/4 rack from the dealer. WHY can't Ineos get their act together and communicate with the dealers? I would be more than happy to get a refund. My last email to my dealer about this issue went unanswered. Only a squeaky wheel gets grease, but I hate to do it. The consensus here seems to be "it's not available", but I just don't know.

Back
Top Bottom