The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Resale Specifications

Local time
1:05 PM
Reaction score
I am going bag on the topic or Resale or Value. There are Mecumheads in every forum always looking to see what the value of the truck will be in 30-50 years and how should it be ordered today. To me it is really annoying. Just live for today and if you do not wreck the car, give it to your grandchild and they can deal with restoring and converting it to electricky. This topic was constant in the BroncoG6 forum. I will buy and use my IG, it will not remain New, never used. It will have dirty, muddy hunting dogs in the back and if I am lucky, deer and elk blood. When I die, it will be passed along to Nephew.
That is all I have to say.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
10:05 PM
Reaction score

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
always looking to see what the value of the truck will be in 30-50 years
I, too, often shake my head.

I buy it for me. And if there's someone out there who's just a little bit like me, he'll pay the price I'm asking, as long as the price is fair. Cars are not a business to me. It's about two things: something I need, and - if possible - fun.

There are other such (imho) strange efforts to see. Waxing and protecting the car, some even plan to do it every year 😲. Ok, what the heck, everyone is free to do that.

But I wonder why I would do such a thing to a car that was protected with computerized "state-of-the-art-no-bubbles-without-wax" technology and built to last 30-40 years? 40 times in that time? Especially since I would be 105 years old at the regular end of the vehicle's life - without spraying new wax anywhere "every year"?

Some people change the oil every 5000 kilometers 🙃 . Ok, have fun. How about a new engine every spring?

Honestly, I would NEVER buy a car for eighty thousand euros if it needed such labors of love.

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:05 AM
Reaction score
Cars are not a business to me. It's about two things: something I need, and - if possible - fun.
I've certainly reached the age where I'm trying to eke fun out of everyday life. As we did naturally as kids.
You don't know how many good summers you have left , so don't waste time pursuing anything that's NOT FUN!

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am going bag on the topic or Resale or Value. There are Mecumheads in every forum always looking to see what the value of the truck will be in 30-50 years and how should it be ordered today. To me it is really annoying. Just live for today and if you do not wreck the car, give it to your grandchild and they can deal with restoring and converting it to electricky. This topic was constant in the BroncoG6 forum. I will buy and use my IG, it will not remain New, never used. It will have dirty, muddy hunting dogs in the back and if I am lucky, deer and elk blood. When I die, it will be passed along to Nephew.

Reactions: PBD

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So sorry that my question annoyed you, I hope it wasn’t too upsetting.
But feel free to post another reply to the original question if you have some thoughts helpful to the threads topic.

I do personally agree with your comments about buy it, use it, put it in you will - however that wasn’t what I was asking.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:05 PM
Reaction score

I think there will be plenty more who are more interested what they can sell the IG for 30-50 DAYS after they have purchased it !!

For a start if the price does go up by 10-12% sooner rather than later and the general public get to know what an IG actually is, I think the price of your vehicle will be considerably more than your purchased it for. Especially if IA don’t ramp up production considerably.

Local time
1:05 PM
Reaction score
So sorry that my question annoyed you, I hope it wasn’t too upsetting.
But feel free to post another reply to the original question if you have some thoughts helpful to the threads topic.

I do personally agree with your comments about buy it, use it, put it in you will - however that wasn’t what I was asking.
Hello Davman, my annoyance is not directed at you personally, just idea of the question. Mostly do to my inadequacy to predict the future. I am not sure what the future will look like. Will petrol exist in 10 years? I though motorcycles were the safest bet to collect. They are fun, cheap to run and maintain. Where I live young adults don't even get a drivers license unless they are forced. Just call a uber/lyft if you need to go some place.

Truly, buy what you can afford, if that is top of the line everything, do it. If you plan on selling it in a few years, then buy top of the line, you should loose less money then if it was a basic model.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hello Davman, my annoyance is not directed at you personally, just idea of the question. Mostly do to my inadequacy to predict the future. I am not sure what the future will look like. Will petrol exist in 10 years? I though motorcycles were the safest bet to collect. They are fun, cheap to run and maintain. Where I live young adults don't even get a drivers license unless they are forced. Just call a uber/lyft if you need to go some place.

Truly, buy what you can afford, if that is top of the line everything, do it. If you plan on selling it in a few years, then buy top of the line, you should loose less money then if it was a basic model.
Thats why we all benefit for the forum, a collective of others years of experience and insight, helps us to make the best possible decisions now - hence my original question.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What options/setup do you guys think would be "must haves" on the IG, if you are considering the resale of the vehicle in a couple of years time.
I am glad you said 'in a couple of years time' or we would be suggesting Hydrogen-electric conversions...happy motoring

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That's runs counter to generally what I've always read. You never get your money back from options, but it may help sell your car quicker.
generally yes - but in my experience there are 2 main types of used car buyers: bargain hunters than tend to eschew heavily optioned cars & "looking for the best" hunters that usually want the most heavily optioned/best looked after version.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
And if people get their kicks from polishing, musing on the future value, or whatever else, then live and let live, rather than getting annoyed. That I find more puzzling...
and remember - there is a big market out there for classic cars were there tends to be limited driving, lots of polishing and incessant discussions about value ..........

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
And if people get their kicks from polishing, musing on the future value, or whatever else, then live and let live, rather than getting annoyed. That I find more puzzling...
My mutterings go like this:
1. Whatever makes you happy and 2. You do your thing , and I'll do mine.
I find that attitude helps avoid petty exchanges!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
and remember - there is a big market out there for classic cars were there tends to be limited driving, lots of polishing and incessant discussions about value ..........
the shiner they are the less they get driven , which is weird given the purpose of the thing! Like having a piano and not playing it.
All my classics get rotated as daily drivers , in any weather. Never ever thinking of value , though I make sure to keep insurance up to date.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Same here, although I have to admit selling one of my old Porsches a couple of years ago because it's value had become so high it made me increasingly nervous driving it around the city

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Same here, although I have to admit selling one of my old Porsches a couple of years ago because it's value had become so high it made me increasingly nervous driving it around the city
I figure as long as it's insured for it's value (plus a bit more) you can hopefully replace it.
Though if you DIY and you've busted knuckles and split nails over many years , the car becomes more than it's "market value".

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Are there options available on the Grenadier that only come in the packages, and unavailable à la cart? When I have been configuring mine I’ve been concentrating more on exact features rather than on the packages. But I wonder if we’re a resell being able to shorthand that it’s a this package or that package would help. Frankly I’m old enough that this could be my last car, or at least I keep it until I die. So resale is not really something I have in mind. So the crazy prices for early 90s defenders would be nice to realize after 10 or 15 years, but not the plan

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:05 PM
Reaction score
Are there options available on the Grenadier that only come in the packages, and unavailable à la cart? When I have been configuring mine I’ve been concentrating more on exact features rather than on the packages. But I wonder if we’re a resell being able to shorthand that it’s a this package or that package would help. Frankly I’m old enough that this could be my last car, or at least I keep it until I die. So resale is not really something I have in mind. So the crazy prices for early 90s defenders would be nice to realize after 10 or 15 years, but not the plan

There was only two packs, the Rough Pack and the Smooth Pack;

Rough Pack
Diff locks front & rear + BFG ko2's - can both be chosen off the a la carte menu

Smooth Pack
All but the puddle lamps and ambient door lighting can be chosen off the a la carte - meaning by my sums that 'option' costs you £350

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Not sure about that, but: Back camera?
(mandatory in AU, afaik).

Back
Top Bottom