The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Removing raised intake

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
1:02 AM
Reaction score
Going off topic slightly, mine will come with a rai, I am not sure whether i will prefer it on or off. I certainly won’t be taking it off though. Too much like hard work tbh.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:02 PM
Reaction score
Going off topic slightly, mine will come with a rai, I am not sure whether i will prefer it on or off. I certainly won’t be taking it off though. Too much like hard work tbh.
Mine will come off to see if / where it needs sealing up. Then back on or in the bin and a snorkel fitted. Delete wasn’t an option on trialmaster.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:02 AM
Reaction score
Mine will come off to see if / where it needs sealing up. Then back on or in the bin and a snorkel fitted. Delete wasn’t an option on trialmaster.
I think the inner wing seal at the base of the A pillar just looks too large to seal with 100% certainty.

Rather than remove it completely though you could just use it to run a flexible hose from the airbox all the way through and up the RAI. Rather like a chimney liner up an old brick chimney.

Superior_chimney_liner__.jpg

Disco Dave

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:02 PM
Reaction score
I think the inner wing seal at the base of the A pillar just looks too large to seal with 100% certainty.

Rather than remove it completely though you could just use it to run a flexible hose from the airbox all the way through and up the RAI. Rather like a chimney liner up an old brick chimney.

Sikaflex will seal it, just make sure it is the same colour as your paint, it’s a bastard to get off.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sikaflex will seal it, just make sure it is the same colour as your paint, it’s a bastard to get off.
Yes, that's right. There is nothing better. I used it to seal my sunroofs in the Disco 2 and for the folding roof in the Defender. And there's the adhesive as well as the sealant from Sikaflex. It sticks fantastically well. I used it to glue hooks to the beton ceiling in my garage. Several bicycles have been hanging from them for years.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Speaking of Chinese rip offs …

Attachments

• 2C28956A-C049-45CB-ABCA-3AF8EEEFA9FD.jpeg
    2C28956A-C049-45CB-ABCA-3AF8EEEFA9FD.jpeg
    880.6 KB · Views: 59

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just noticed in a photo that there appears to be a vertical “crease” in the front fender behind the wheel well and before the door. Is this merely decorative or does it serve a purpose?

7C4D3524-AD3B-48DA-A779-55023D5BC181.png

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:02 AM
Reaction score
I just noticed in a photo that there appears to be a vertical “crease” in the front fender behind the wheel well and before the door. Is this merely decorative or does it serve a purpose?
Could you please share a picture. I am not sure what you mean.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:02 AM
Reaction score
full

you mean the one running behind the 'Ineos' badge and side indicator?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes. I’d never noticed it until just now.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:02 AM
Reaction score
Sorry the picture has not been loaded when I read your post.
I can not see any reason but design for it.

Back
Top Bottom