The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Removing door panels/ color of the speaker wires

Eric.S.

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:52 AM
Reaction score
Hello everyone;) Small question, has anyone already tried to dismantle the door panel or do you know what colours the cables from the speakers have? I would like to improve my sound system a little, I find the originals terrible... In the B column you would also have to get to the cables without dismantling the door panel? I just want to install a mini subwoofer under the driver's seat, the space should be enough;) If this question has already been asked, I apologise;)

DCatt

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:52 AM
Reaction score
Similar to what I am looking at, but with a amp.
Who did you go with for the install.
Drive Sound Moorooka. Used to be Northfield. Still owned by Drew that dates back to Northfield days. I dealt with Matt. I may still add an Audison DSP amp but impressed with the difference.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Rooballer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:52 PM
Reaction score
Drive Sound Moorooka. Used to be Northfield. Still owned by Drew that dates back to Northfield days. I dealt with Matt. I may still add an Audison DSP amp but impressed with the difference.
Thanks for the info.
I was looking at coax K2 Focals for the front doors, but the tweeters look pretty good from your pic, so may look at that.
Did you do the rear speakers also?

Vote:
Upvote 0

DCatt

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.
I was looking at coax K2 Focals for the front doors, but the tweeters look pretty good from your pic, so may look at that.
Did you do the rear speakers also?
Drive sound quoted me for Coaxial focals at the rear and were going to install same day. Once they pulled out the stock fronts and had a look at the back they said the back are reasonable quality and money was better put towards an Amp. Stock speakers are ok they just needed to lift the sound stage in the front a little.

Not often you go to pay expecting a price to be told its actually cheaper as we didnt think it needed the extra we quoted... Highly recommend them for the quality install and honesty!

Vote:
Upvote 0

DCatt

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Drive sound quoted me for Coaxial focals at the rear and were going to install same day. Once they pulled out the stock fronts and had a look at the back they said the back are reasonable quality and money was better put towards an Amp. Stock speakers are ok they just needed to lift the sound stage in the front a little.

Not often you go to pay expecting a price to be told its actually cheaper as we didnt think it needed the extra we quoted... Highly recommend them for the quality install and honesty!
K2 tweeters have quite a bit of extra depth than the Flax evo. Be interesting to see if they fit depth wise. In saying that I have seen Audison tweeters mounted there (UK build) and they are quite thick also. Are you getting along to the SEQ get together? IG owners SEQ facebook page. If so I should be there and can show you.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Rooballer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
K2 tweeters have quite a bit of extra depth than the Flax evo. Be interesting to see if they fit depth wise. In saying that I have seen Audison tweeters mounted there (UK build) and they are quite thick also. Are you getting along to the SEQ get together? IG owners SEQ facebook page. If so I should be there and can show you.
Thanks again, I’ll look into speaker options a little more, hard to know what is going to fit until the door trims are pulled apart - interesting regarding the rear speakers though.

I did see pictures of the Audison ones installed - I didn’t like the look of them, yours look like they are meant to be there.

Not on Facebook, so not across the meet up.

Vote:
Upvote 0

DCatt

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks again, I’ll look into speaker options a little more, hard to know what is going to fit until the door trims are pulled apart - interesting regarding the rear speakers though.

I did see pictures of the Audison ones installed - I didn’t like the look of them, yours look like they are meant to be there.

Not on Facebook, so not across the meet up.
Sunday 21st Jan at Carina Bowls club for a Brekkie catch up. I can get more details if interested.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Robert T

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:52 AM
Reaction score

Nice setup! I think I might do the same. Do you know where they installed the crossovers? Looks like it might be a tight fit in the doors. Thanks

Vote:
Upvote 0

ChaosDogg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Amazing work @ChaosDogg . Have you mounted the tweeters yet? If so, can you provide some pictures and advice on the best mounting location given your experience. Also, if you have pictures of the connections you made to the factory head unit that would also be greatly appreciated. How hard was it to remove the front center console to get to the head unit?

Thanks
Still haven't gotten around to mounting the tweeters - have been away from home. I didn't remove the console at all as that seemed like a recipe for disaster. I spliced the wires at the point where they head off into the door and ran those off to my amp.

Vote:
Upvote 0

ChaosDogg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Do you know if these guys do any custom fibreglass work? I'm looking to see if I could get a sub box made to take up all the space under the drivers seat.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Robert T

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:52 AM
Reaction score
Still haven't gotten around to mounting the tweeters - have been away from home. I didn't remove the console at all as that seemed like a recipe for disaster. I spliced the wires at the point where they head off into the door and ran those off to my amp.
Thanks for the info, appreciate it. Please post some pics once you mount the tweeters.

Vote:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom