The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Redline 360c Radar Install

LKC TX Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:57 PM
Reaction score
Typical for all my vehicles but likely not needed with this box. Just a simple Blendmount radar mount (modified) and Mirror tap install for Redline 360c. Utilized the airbag light indicator on above console for the mirror tap (12v power from yellow wire & Black for ground). I looked at using forward collision/sign reader device plug however the voltage was low and wasn't enough to power up radar.

Attachments

• Radar Install w Mirror Tap.jpg
    Radar Install w Mirror Tap.jpg
    627.3 KB · Views: 79
  • IG Overhead Console Cover Plate_Backside.jpg
    IG Overhead Console Cover Plate_Backside.jpg
    813.7 KB · Views: 70
  • IG Overhead Console.jpg
    IG Overhead Console.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 68
  • Airbag Indicator Plug.jpg
    Airbag Indicator Plug.jpg
    421.9 KB · Views: 69
  • IG Mirror Tap 1.jpg
    IG Mirror Tap 1.jpg
    704.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IG Mirror Bracket Cover.jpg
    IG Mirror Bracket Cover.jpg
    828.1 KB · Views: 75
Local time
2:57 PM
Reaction score
Good afternoon. Was it needed to take off roof panel or can you just pull down camera shroud. Didn’t think I’d need my Valentine in Gren but if find myself well above speed limit without noticing. Thank you

LKC TX Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Good afternoon. Was it needed to take off roof panel or can you just pull down camera shroud. Didn’t think I’d need my Valentine in Gren but if find myself well above speed limit without noticing. Thank you
Yes, both were required. It is only way to remove small allen bolts from airbag indicator light in order to gain access to plug. The camera shroud comes directly down and used thin plastic removal tool to pop headliner side first. As you can see in photo these are plastic clips. I then used same tool starting from aux light side to slide plastic tool in towards clip between interior light switches and then again for each side of the lights. There was some slack from airbag plug so pulled that back towards fake speaker hole and made the connection for wiretap & then pushed back in accordingly. Maybe a 1hr project.

Local time
Reaction score
Thank you for guidance. I’m assuming air bag light is constant power. No difference if you have passenger?

Local time
Reaction score
Confirmed. When vehicle powers up the 12v power is feed from indicator light to radar. No matter passenger or not.
Looks like they are working on INEOS specific mount. What model is the one in your picture. Love their mounts. I have in my other car.

LKC TX Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have a few loose mounts due to vehicle changes over the years so took a unit apart and pieced this together. I noticed yesterday running around there is some general vibration with the mount due to me mounting directly to plastic housing although I used larger washers inside to disperse weight/flex. If they come up with a specific mount I would certainly replace for the rigidity.

Attachments

• Mount Close Up.jpg
    Mount Close Up.jpg
    756.7 KB · Views: 51
Local time
Reaction score
I have a few loose mounts due to vehicle changes over the years so took a unit apart and pieced this together. I noticed yesterday running around there is some general vibration with the mount due to me mounting directly to plastic housing although I used larger washers inside to disperse weight/flex. If they come up with a specific mount I would certainly replace for the rigidity.
Looks like blendmount has Gren mount. One left. I grabbed one.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Looks like blendmount has Gren mount. One left. I grabbed one.
Hah I got an email from them as well a little while ago but I'm trying a different mount for my V1; my 14hr drive home from the dealer with the factory V1gen2 suction cups was less than ideal given the angle of the windshield

Local time
Reaction score
Install blend mount. As usual great product. C clamp that mounts to mirror needs to come in from passenger side to allow mirror to work properly. Otherwise easy install.

Attachments

• IMG_0883.jpeg
    IMG_0883.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0884.jpeg
    IMG_0884.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 23
Back
Top Bottom