The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Red Winch - Integrated Front Winch - User Manual

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:38 PM
Reaction score
Been a hiker/bush walker since I was 11 years old have a mountain (pardon the pun) of lightweight hiking/camping gear that we also use when go off 4WDriving.

I have never even considered GMV as we always travel light with the hiking gear plus a few extra items (table, chair, etc.) and mostly for only 3-7 days.

A good video by Robert Pepper but actually you can go even further than he shows as there is even lighter gear than he mentions but, its more expensive.

Local time
6:38 AM
Reaction score
customisation makes you or your "add on" guy the responsible engineer.

Don't disagree, but after ~30yrs in the industry, I do not agree that "Every vehicle that has a front winch added needs a suspension upgrade." This is simply not the case. Is it fully optimal? Yes. It is absolutely necessary for safe vehicle dynamics? No.

Weight out front in front of the axle is different to a case of beer in the back, but it’s more about the fact that you will also need a replacement bar which also adds weight. The bar is different if you don’t order the winch so it isn’t set up for one, and if you have seen it in real life you will see there isn’t a lot of room. If you are very determined and prepared to do some serious surgery you may be able to make one go on, but I would be assuming that the easiest way to achieve it is with a replacement bar. And that adds weight. Every vehicle I have seen that has had a bar and winch added needs a suspension upgrade just to return the front to stock height.

Don’t know what yours says. But ours specifically says it covers genuine accessories for the full five year unlimited kms warranty.
View attachment 7812453View attachment 7812454

I wasn't talking a case of beer in the back; I mentioned bags of heavy concrete.
The aftermarket can possibly offer a lighter-than-OEM bumper "bar" for use with a winch, therefore having the entire assembly of bumper/winch weighing less than OEM steel bumper and Red 11k winch (which is 5-16lbs heavier than other similar winches). This shall be seen, too early yet...
Thanks for the warranty coverage info. What are the 4 rows in regards to; ie row1 is 3yrs accessories, then row2 is 5yrs, then row3-4 is 3yrs.

Yeah, we’re a bit more aligned with Dan in our approach in terms of vehicle prep and where to land on the light<=>heavy spectrum. So many dividends if one keeps the weight down.

I think this more typical of international overlanders who tend to have less of the knickknacks that are carried in Oz and the US.
This might partly be down to being mentally prepared to walk away from your vehicle, as one must be in places where things can get sketchy.

It’s also more unusual to have fires in most countries so being out of that habit has a surprisingly big impact on equipment, cooking methods, evening camp routine etc.

Ceaselessly interested by these different styles of camping though, and while I can’t imagine ever carrying a pizza oven I find it kind of marvellous that this is where some folks are at.

I fully support the Colin Chapman approach; lighter is better whenever you can.
Walking away (with your sat phone) could save you from hauling more recovery gear than less.
Agreed on campfires; here in the USA in the west, campfires are pretty much non-existent anymore due to drought.
Pizza oven; more for the bigger truck campers/expedition rigs vs a more "agile" smaller overlanding rig like the IG is (helpful that the IG is smaller in size, so less likely to just keep packing more stuff in like would happen with a larger rig).

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:38 PM
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
Hello everyone, has anyone in the aftermarket been on the lookout for a winch cable extension? The prices are very different. Do you splice eyelets yourself? Or do you buy with an eyelet? I would be interested in some ideas in EU. I've seen that Drifta is also sold in the EU. Is this a good reliable provider? Thx for the info and your experiences.

Local time
Reaction score
I bought direct from Red Winches - 11mm (7/16") x 50m LINE EXTENSION, not cheap but quality assured - https://www.red-winches.com/product/11mm-x-50m-red-winches-winch-line-extension/ - it comes with a spliced loop at both ends.

That's a steal!(steel would be a pun, ha!)

Compare to this top quality in the USA at only 30m;

Or 15m for less USD $;

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
Different markets. Australia does seem to have gotten the best deal on warranty for some reason.

INEOS Grenadier Warranty

Thanks. Crappy though; there is NO such page like this for the USA, at least not yet.

Here are those countries. Wonder why AUS got preferential warranty;

REGIONMECHANICALPAINTWORKANTI-PERFORATIONPARTSACCESSORIESEMISSION
UK and Europe5 Years Unlimited mileage
3 Years Unlimited Mileage12 Years2 Years Unlimited mileage3 Years Unlimited mileage 5 Years 100,000 miles / 160,000 Km
Australia5 Years Unlimited mileage
5 Years unlimited mileage12 Years2 Years Unlimited mileage5 Years Unlimited mileage 5 Years 100,000 miles / 160,000 Km
Africa5 Years 100,000 Km / 60,000 miles3 Years 100,000 Km / 60,000 miles12 Years2 Years Unlimited mileage3 Years Unlimited mileage5 Years 100,000 Km / 60,000 miles
MENA Countries5 Years Unlimited mileage
3 Years Unlimited Mileage12 Years2 Years Unlimited Mileage3 Years Unlimited Mileage5 Years
100,000 miles / 160,000 Km

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks. Crappy though; there is NO such page like this for the USA, at least not yet.

UK and Europe5 Years Unlimited mileage3 Years Unlimited Mileage12 Years2 Years Unlimited mileage3 Years Unlimited mileage5 Years 100,000 miles / 160,000 Km
Australia5 Years Unlimited mileage5 Years unlimited mileage12 Years2 Years Unlimited mileage5 Years Unlimited mileage5 Years 100,000 miles / 160,000 Km
Africa5 Years 100,000 Km / 60,000 miles3 Years 100,000 Km / 60,000 miles12 Years2 Years Unlimited mileage3 Years Unlimited mileage5 Years 100,000 Km / 60,000 miles
MENA Countries5 Years Unlimited mileage3 Years Unlimited Mileage12 Years2 Years Unlimited Mileage3 Years Unlimited Mileage5 Years
We are special.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

UK and Europe5 Years Unlimited mileage3 Years Unlimited Mileage12 Years2 Years Unlimited mileage3 Years Unlimited mileage5 Years 100,000 miles / 160,000 Km
Australia5 Years Unlimited mileage5 Years unlimited mileage12 Years2 Years Unlimited mileage5 Years Unlimited mileage5 Years 100,000 miles / 160,000 Km
MENA Countries5 Years Unlimited mileage3 Years Unlimited Mileage12 Years2 Years Unlimited Mileage3 Years Unlimited Mileage5 Years
This is taken from the US brochure
1684533373040.png

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hello everyone, has anyone in the aftermarket been on the lookout for a winch cable extension? The prices are very different. Do you splice eyelets yourself? Or do you buy with an eyelet? I would be interested in some ideas in EU. I've seen that Drifta is also sold in the EU. Is this a good reliable provider? Thx for the info and your experiences.
I thought 20m would be enough reach and went for this:

It’s probably worth being clear that I’d most often be utilising it as seen on the product page (below), with a double line pull.
In this case shorter is usually easier to handle than longer despite that maybe being a bit counter-intuitive.

This might also explain why one is not overly agitated about the short line available on a concealed winch like this.

Drifta are typically excellent. Not the lightest or fanciest but does what it says on the box.
The canvas stuff lasts for years.

1684567494197.png

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:38 PM
Reaction score
I thought 20m would be enough reach and went for this:

It’s probably worth being clear that I’d most often be utilising it as seen on the product page (below), with a double line pull.
In this case shorter is usually easier to handle than longer despite that being a bit counter-intuitive.

Drifta are typically excellent. Not the lightest or fanciest but does what it says on the box.
The canvas stuff lasts for years.

View attachment 7812760
You beat me to it. I am just about to order the same one. 👍🏼

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:38 PM
Reaction score
Warranties - always read the small print...

Back
Top Bottom