The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Recommended tools

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:37 AM
Reaction score
Hi all,

Now we are getting our vehicles, what extra tools have you invested in to allow you to take it apart/gain access to stuff or simply have in the vehicle. For instance I am eternally grateful to this forum for pointing out the IG has a lot of torx bolts!! I always carry a good tool kit but my torx options were pitiful - not anymore!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I had to invest in these to get the large size required to move the rear seats:
LAS5514a.jpg

LeftCoastOverland

Production/Transit
Local time
2:37 PM
Reaction score
I had to invest in these to get the large size required to move the rear seats:
View attachment 7821690

How much of the rear seat did you remove?
I'd like to be able to take out the 60% portion, and retain the 40% for a child carseat.
Also, How much weight do you estimate those seats are?
Thanks!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
How much of the rear seat did you remove?
Completely unbolted from the floor so that I could tilt them forwards from the legs/base to get to the rear bolts of the underseat trim.

Post in thread 'Removing the underseat trim panels / accessing or removing the batteries' https://www.theineosforum.com/threa...moving-the-batteries.12412649/post-1333201304
I'd like to be able to take out the 60% portion, and retain the 40% for a child car seat.
I haven't looked at splitting the seat bases, there are some bolts there, so it may be doable.
Also, How much weight do you estimate those seats are?
That's a difficult question. They certainly are substantial. I could be well out but I'd guess 35kg to 40kg.

LeftCoastOverland

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Completely unbolted from the floor so that I could tilt them forwards from the legs/base to get to the rear bolts of the underseat trim.

Post in thread 'Removing the underseat trim panels / accessing or removing the batteries' https://www.theineosforum.com/threa...moving-the-batteries.12412649/post-1333201304

I haven't looked at splitting the seat bases, there are some bolts there, so it may be doable.

That's a difficult question. They certainly are substantial. I could be well out but I'd guess 35kg to 40kg.
Ok thanks for the info!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:37 AM
Reaction score
Just a bump here.

Besides a good Torx set and the requisite 10mm things, what can we add to this list?

RockyCam

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:37 PM
Reaction score
While installing a side light near the roof, I realized the fasteners attaching the round bars are not #TORX. Luckily I stopped before damaging the fastener. Until a few days ago I did not know about #TorxPlus, but a T27 TORX PLUS Fastener is used (forgive me if someone has mentioned this already, I searched but was unable to find Torx Plus mentioned). There are several good reasons why Ineos selected TORX PLUS, here are a few links if you are curious:

SideLightMountedOnT27TorxPlus.jpg

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So far, the most used toolkit on the Grenadier is the Wera WER05056490001 Tool-Check PLUS Bit Ratchet Kit (39 Pieces). It is used most times I work on the car or roofrack.
81L77xBd++L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

81ElYTLYrjL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:37 PM
Reaction score
So far, the most used toolkit on the Grenadier is the Wera WER05056490001 Tool-Check PLUS Bit Ratchet Kit (39 Pieces). It is used most times I work on the car or roofrack.
81L77xBd++L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

81ElYTLYrjL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
HI DocAUS, Does that kit include include Tork+ fittings to both remove the Tork+ screws holding on the brackets that hold the aluminum roof tubes?
I have purchased the Buzz Overland Hinge Steps and will need to remove the door hinge screws. Do you know if those are Tork+ screws and if so what size and if the kit above includes that driver? DaBull

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
HI DocAUS, Does that kit include include Tork+ fittings to both remove the Tork+ screws holding on the brackets that hold the aluminum roof tubes?
I have purchased the Buzz Overland Hinge Steps and will need to remove the door hinge screws. Do you know if those are Tork+ screws and if so what size and if the kit above includes that driver? DaBull
I have a full size Rhino Pioneer Platform and my work has been adding, adjusting or removing things from the roofrack, not the rack itself.

There is some variation in what screws/bolts INEOS used, some have torx screws on the trimming around the doors, mine has hex heads. I have not touched the door hinges, but I just checked mine. My external facing door hinges are Torx T50 screws/bolts. The Wera kit does not have a T50.

I also bought a larger set of Torx sockets like this (making sure they fitted my existing socket sets). Mine was a no name Taiwanese made Torx set:

TORX socketsts.jpg

I need both sets for the Grenadier, but I use the Wera more often. The larger Torx socket set has the T50. The Wera set is too small to use on door hinges, both in terms of Torx socket size and being able to loosen or tighten door hinge screws/bolts.

I started with the Wera set and then got the second set when I realised I needed them as well.

Last edited:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The torx bit for removing the propshaft is a must have.
you know what size Tazzie, otherwise will have a look and report back after airport run.

Reactions: PBD

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom