The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Rear Seat Adjustment Bracket from eBay?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:02 PM
Reaction score
Also if you're planning on running drawers this may limit how tall of a set you could use.
I already had to discard one drawer from my old set due to stock seat angle ; my fridge slider/camp kitchen unit fits with 3mm spare!
No seat recline for me! (But I am the driver...)

Tarheel

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:02 AM
Reaction score
I installed these today and they are a nice improvement for the rear seat passangers.

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:02 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone in the UK, N1 5 seater commercial station wagon tried this? Looking to recline my seats back.

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:02 AM
Reaction score
Hi together, I do have the Trailmaster version and would like to put the read seat backrest in a more straight position. Is there a solution for that in the market as well?
I can‘t find it…..

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:02 PM
Reaction score
Hi together, I do have the Trailmaster version and would like to put the read seat backrest in a more straight position. Is there a solution for that in the market as well?
I can‘t find it…..
Hi NoAge Hunter, I have the Trialmaster version too. I have found the rear seat position to be a bit more upright than I like, especially for passengers on a long trip.
If you are thinking of moving them a bit straighter up to gain more room in the cargo area, I would first recommend taking a few measurements in the boot area.
You can then just move one side of the rear seat back forward manually to get it setting up straighter to see how it looks and even would feel sitting in it. I think you will find that there will be little improvement for rear cargo area while you may sacrifice passenger comfort. I found the same when installing the rear seat recline brackets. For increased passenger comfort, I did not give up much if any cargo area, even if adding a drawer system. They were an easy install and very stoutly built. Although the brackets did not have any play in them once installed, I did notice that there was a little play when the rear seat clipped into them. That was easily solved by simply using a small narrow strip off duck tape and wrapping it around the front portion of the newly installed recline bracket a couple times. Now when I set the seats back into the brackets there is zero play and they are 100% clipped in and also secured against any possible rattle. No one likes rattle. Dabull

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I can‘t find it…..
No such solution but you can move the entire bench forward about 5”. Some UK and ROW vehicles are configured that was for commercial vehicle classification / tax purposes.

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi NoAge Hunter, I have the Trialmaster version too. I have found the rear seat position to be a bit more upright than I like, especially for passengers on a long trip.
If you are thinking of moving them a bit straighter up to gain more room in the cargo area, I would first recommend taking a few measurements in the boot area.
You can then just move one side of the rear seat back forward manually to get it setting up straighter to see how it looks and even would feel sitting in it. I think you will find that there will be little improvement for rear cargo area while you may sacrifice passenger comfort. I found the same when installing the rear seat recline brackets. For increased passenger comfort, I did not give up much if any cargo area, even if adding a drawer system. They were an easy install and very stoutly built. Although the brackets did not have any play in them once installed, I did notice that there was a little play when the rear seat clipped into them. That was easily solved by simply using a small narrow strip off duck tape and wrapping it around the front portion of the newly installed recline bracket a couple times. Now when I set the seats back into the brackets there is zero play and they are 100% clipped in and also secured against any possible rattle. No one likes rattle. Dabull
Thank you Dabull 👍

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No such solution but you can move the entire bench forward about 5”. Some UK and ROW vehicles are configured that was for commercial vehicle classification / tax purposes.
Hi Asnes- Thank you. I will check that next weekend. Since I need the rear seat for the dogs only, there is no need for leg room and that solution might be worth a try.
Michael

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Asnes- Thank you. I will check that next weekend. Since I need the rear seat for the dogs only, there is no need for leg room and that solution might be worth a try.
Michael
Someone else on the forum just did this adjustment on a North American spec vehicle I believe

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Michael
Moving the rear seat to the commercial ("N1") position is very easy and takes about 15-20 minutes, and is completely reversible if you don't like it.

From the cargo area, remove the 4 Torx bolts holding the black trim piece on at the bottom of the rear seat, then remove the 8 bolts holding the rear seat base. Move to the rear side doors, flip the bottom cushions up/forward and remove the 2 bolts securing the seat base to the driveshaft tunnel (in the middle of the vehicle), then remove the black side trim pieces (vertically, near the doors), these have a phillips head screw that is quarter-turn, and then just pulls off; this will expose the last 2 Torx bolts per side. At the same time as this, remove the Torx bolts in the forward holes (it will make sense when you look at them), the "forward" holes for the rear seat are only exposed after you slide the seat forward.

This will move the seat about 90mm forward and make the seat about 10° more upright

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you Dabull 👍

Moving the rear seat to the commercial ("N1") position is very easy and takes about 15-20 minutes, and is completely reversible if you don't like it.

From the cargo area, remove the 4 Torx bolts holding the black trim piece on at the bottom of the rear seat, then remove the 8 bolts holding the rear seat base. Move to the rear side doors, flip the bottom cushions up/forward and remove the 2 bolts securing the seat base to the driveshaft tunnel (in the middle of the vehicle), then remove the black side trim pieces (vertically, near the doors), these have a phillips head screw that is quarter-turn, and then just pulls off; this will expose the last 2 Torx bolts per side. At the same time as this, remove the Torx bolts in the forward holes (it will make sense when you look at them), the "forward" holes for the rear seat are only exposed after you slide the seat forward.

This will move the seat about 90mm forward and make the seat about 10° more upright

Thank you for this nice explanation anand!👍👍 I will try this procedere during the next weekend. Would be nice to gain 90 mm space in the trunk. 👍👍

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:02 AM
Reaction score
I adjusted my seat from the commercial position to the rearward position. As Anand has said, this is an easy job although some of the bolts can be pretty tight. Once adjusted to the forward position, you will be missing some bits of plastic panel trims which I had to remove when carrying out this mod. I am not at home, so can't photograph these trims for you right now.

Back
Top Bottom