The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Rear Seat Adjustment Bracket from eBay?

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:58 AM
Reaction score
I saw these the other day and I am pretty convinced that they are to recline the seats in the commercial version sold outside of the US. It allows the commercial version to have the same seat rake that we get in the US. I could be wrong and I hope I am.
I don't think so. If you watch the video, the commercial setting of the bracket is blank. We'll find out soon enough but these are coming all the way from China.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:58 PM
Reaction score
I don't think so. If you watch the video, the commercial setting of the bracket is blank. We'll find out soon enough but these are coming all the way from China.
You are correct, the Grenadier in the picture is an M1 non commercial variant.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
10:58 AM
Reaction score
The opposite. It reclines the backrest a bit further so passengers are less upright.
Thank you, that was unclear as the video shows the mounting on the left side but the reclined seat on the right side - which puzzled me.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I just installed them. Took me 10 minutes to do both sides. Used my trim tool to take off the plastic trim (prying the bottom seam first and pulling off the rest). The new brackets came with the T-wrench. Super easy. The new brackets are not quite as thick as the stock ones but they feel heavy and robust. The seats latch in perfectly and are perfectly aligned. when I shake the seat backs with my hands after latched, there is very slight give that I can hear because of the brackets being slightly less thick than the factory ones. I'm not concerned about safety, just about possible rattle. If it becomes an issue I'll use the old "wrap with felt tape" fix I've done with my Toyotas in the past (they are notorious for rattling noises in seat latches). I'm very happy with them and when I sit in the back, I seriously feel like I can nap back there vs. the "sitting on the toilet" position from the factory. Highly recommend. I actually ordered from another seller that had it cheaper: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2855812965...d=link&campid=5338980679&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

This site contains affiliate links for which The Grenadier Forum may be compensated.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:58 AM
Reaction score
I just installed them. Took me 10 minutes to do both sides. Used my trim tool to take off the plastic trim (prying the bottom seam first and pulling off the rest). The new brackets came with the T-wrench. Super easy. The new brackets are not quite as thick as the stock ones but they feel heavy and robust. The seats latch in perfectly and are perfectly aligned. when I shake the seat backs with my hands after latched, there is very slight give that I can hear because of the brackets being slightly less thick than the factory ones. I'm not concerned about safety, just about possible rattle. If it becomes an issue I'll use the old "wrap with felt tape" fix I've done with my Toyotas in the past (they are notorious for rattling noises in seat latches). I'm very happy with them and when I sit in the back, I seriously feel like I can nap back there vs. the "sitting on the toilet" position from the factory. Highly recommend. I actually ordered from another seller that had it cheaper: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2855812965...d=link&campid=5338980679&toolid=20001&mkevt=1
Hi Chadd7, I received my brackets too and the build quality looks exceptional. I still need my Grenadier to install them in.
I am glad I purchased them as I was hoping the effect of slanting the rear seat back further back would be great for my passengers. Based on your report, I made the right decision. Thanks for posting your notes on the install and end results.
DaBull

This site contains affiliate links for which The Grenadier Forum may be compensated.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:58 AM
Reaction score
Hi Chadd
Just to be clear. These brackets rake the seats even further back than found in the Fieldmaster?

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:58 PM
Reaction score
I am assuming that you can’t do this with the cargobarrier installed?

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No. You need to make do with a work a round in order to keep the barrier. Not too onerous and hopefully, someone will produce brackets for that task also.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:58 AM
Reaction score
Also if you're planning on running drawers this may limit how tall of a set you could use.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It depends on the barrier as there are 2 different types, one for the N1 and one for the M1, both have differentpositions. . It would be tight though if it would be possible

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think the barrier is identical however the brackets are different. I would like to purchase the brackets as fitted to the M1 version but not shown on the parts list as yet.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think the barrier is identical however the brackets are different. I would like to purchase the brackets as fitted to the M1 version but not shown on the parts list as yet.
The barrier where it attaches to the bracket is different, one is a different shape (longer) to the other.

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
As would I, please shout if you locate them

Back
Top Bottom