The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Rear LED lights not powering down after vehicle has been locked

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:52 AM
Reaction score
Rear LED lights and part of the centre console display, seem to stay on maybe 30 minutes after vehicle has been locked up.
My Grenadier has only been used a couple of times in the past month. On arriving home I put it on a battery tender and now showing 88%. Won't stay at that if lights don't extinguish. Any thoughts?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Rear LED lights and part of the centre console display, seem to stay on maybe 30 minutes after vehicle has been locked up.
My Grenadier has only been used a couple of times in the past month. On arriving home I put it on a battery tender and now showing 88%. Won't stay at that if lights don't extinguish. Any thoughts?
Do they still stay on if you double click the lock button? Isn't there a setting in vehicle functions that lets you adjust the time they stay on 9welcome home lights). I agreed 30 minutes isn't one option but if you set it to 30 seconds it might reset the timer

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Eric
Adjusted from 60 seconds to 30 seconds last night. Seems a bit erratic still. Last night it would shut off after 5 mins. I see they are now still lit after about 40 mins.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Eric
Adjusted from 60 seconds to 30 seconds last night. Seems a bit erratic still. Last night it would shut off after 5 mins. I see they are now still lit after about 40 mins.
Could be dealer with a OBD reader job. I suppose that depends how close to one were you live. Or disconnect the battery for 10 minutes and hope that resets it. Although I am not a lover of disconnecting the battery if I don't know the root cause of a problem, in case it generates more problems.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Could be dealer with a OBD reader job. I suppose that depends how close to one were you live. Or disconnect the battery for 10 minutes and hope that resets it. Although I am not a lover of disconnecting the battery if I don't know the root cause of a problem, in case it generates more problems.
Put my cheap (£20.00) OBD reader on it. Managed to clear the faults but they all came back. The fact it is ALL the vehicles facilities that show up as a fault on the vehicle screen, makes me think it is something simple. My OBD reader read Brake pedal sensor. Will make sure the connection is good.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Put my cheap (£20.00) OBD reader on it. Managed to clear the faults but they all came back. The fact it is ALL the vehicles facilities that show up as a fault on the vehicle screen, makes me think it is something simple. My OBD reader read Brake pedal sensor. Will make sure the connection is good.
What make cheap ODB reader is that? If it reads and clears faults, that to me is good value.
Have my own problem now. Have a 70 mile round trip with my small 750kg trailer, 7 pin electrics, to collect my ride on mower. Gren has a "trailer light error" yep it is right front insider marker light not working. Not a problem I thought, daylight on a small trailer I don't need it. However the Grenadier did have a problem with it, it wanted to bong all the way.
Bad earth I'm struggling to locate. But because of the Grenadier's bongs it's grounded till I fix it.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What make cheap ODB reader is that? If it reads and clears faults, that to me is good value.
Have my own problem now. Have a 70 mile round trip with my small 750kg trailer, 7 pin electrics, to collect my ride on mower. Gren has a "trailer light error" yep it is right front insider marker light not working. Not a problem I thought, daylight on a small trailer I don't need it. However the Grenadier did have a problem with it, it wanted to bong all the way.
Bad earth I'm struggling to locate. But because of the Grenadier's bongs it's grounded till I fix it.
Hi Eric
My current reader is the Ancel AD310 as found on Amazon, etc. In fairness, it has been very good and several years ago was a recommended buy when researching. I am waiting on my Autophix 9000 as recommended on all the Australian websites. I later found out from Autophix that in UK, it runs the same software as the Autophix OM129. The OM129 is sold in UK at half the price (£79.00 ish).

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just disconnected my battery and left it disconnected for 20 mins. On re-connection, after some time involving just about every warning light going off, it has all settled down. All warning cleared save for the little amber warning triangle. Will see if this too will clear given a little time.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Simply press the lock button on the fob again after a few seconds of locking. Lights go off.
Hi Jeffrey
That works now that everything is good. It had been suggested earlier but to no avail. Thankfully, all is good now. Thanks for the suggestion. Better a couple of people come forward with something than no one at all.

Back
Top Bottom