The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Quartermaster at the Festival of Speed

Shale Rider

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:04 PM
Reaction score
Drove 500 miles in the Fieldmaster to the FOS without so much as an error message! Think its the first time! It behaved faultlessly and the 6 hour drive back in the torrential rain it never missed a beat and felt very secure.

Had the best of the FOS on Thursday( Friday it rained and Saturday was cancelled) headed straight for the Ineos stand and the new Quartermaster - have to say it looks fantastic albeit it's huge! The extra foot or so makes a big difference to its appearance but it is some tool! Definitely will be putting my name down for one but it ain't fitting in Asda car park unless there are 2 spots spare!

Seriously nice vehicle and all the Ineos staff were great and really helpful. I have attached photos of the stand and the Quartermaster ( which curiously has Quartermaster signs only on one side of the vehicle?)

Attachments

• tempImagerfpaLi.jpg
    tempImagerfpaLi.jpg
    312 KB · Views: 132
  • tempImagePTTzfB.jpg
    tempImagePTTzfB.jpg
    323.5 KB · Views: 128
  • tempImage1oPtqM.jpg
    tempImage1oPtqM.jpg
    492.8 KB · Views: 124
  • tempImageK1WCD8.jpg
    tempImageK1WCD8.jpg
    347.1 KB · Views: 126
  • tempImagextHZMp.jpg
    tempImagextHZMp.jpg
    485.8 KB · Views: 128

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
( which curiously has Quartermaster signs only on one side of the vehicle?)
Same as the embossed Grenadier in the bonnet.

You've captured the tonneau cover with the alternative spare storage space. I saw this on social media post but then "lost" it and a don't think anyone else has really picked up on it as just an alternative to the spare in the rear quarter. 👍

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:04 PM
Reaction score
I am not totally convinced by the QM yet, it looks out of proportion in some instances and colours bizarrely. However I will reserve judgment until I have seen it in the metal.

The one thing that would niggle me straight away is the spare wheel position. In a pick-up, that room right by the tailgate is prime real estate, as no one wants to be reaching or climbing into the back to get stuff out when there is a cab on top. I am sure someone will move it when the aftermarket boys chip in. Possibly behind the cab, although that will kill rear visibility.

Local time
Reaction score
In one of the photos the spare wheel appears to be mounted on a frame above the load bed.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes this appears an excellent alternative place for the spare but looking through the configurator, it doesn't seem to be available?

Local time
Reaction score
I guess you'd have to contact lneos as it was on their stand.

l think the Quartermaster version looks great. l would take that over any other double cab on the market

Simon C

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Drove 500 miles in the Fieldmaster to the FOS without so much as an error message! Think its the first time! It behaved faultlessly and the 6 hour drive back in the torrential rain it never missed a beat and felt very secure.

Had the best of the FOS on Thursday( Friday it rained and Saturday was cancelled) headed straight for the Ineos stand and the new Quartermaster - have to say it looks fantastic albeit it's huge! The extra foot or so makes a big difference to its appearance but it is some tool! Definitely will be putting my name down for one but it ain't fitting in Asda car park unless there are 2 spots spare!

Seriously nice vehicle and all the Ineos staff were great and really helpful. I have attached photos of the stand and the Quartermaster ( which curiously has Quartermaster signs only on one side of the vehicle?)
Were you leaving on Thursday near the Kennels and waved at us in the Eldoret Blue Grenadier? We were not sure if it was a private one or a factory, if it was you then you have the honour of being my first spot in the wild after 2500 miles :)

Shale Rider

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Were you leaving on Thursday near the Kennels and waved at us in the Eldoret Blue Grenadier? We were not sure if it was a private one or a factory, if it was you then you have the honour of being my first spot in the wild after 2500 miles :)
Hi Simon Sadly no it wasn't me, I didn't see any other Grennadiers in the car park or on the road, I have not seen another one on the road yet although a Land Rover 110 owner waved at me the other day must have thought it was a defender!!

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think we need a consensus on whether we wave at Defenders (real (old) ones!) I'd be up for it as I always enjoyed the LR wave as passing by. 🙂

Shale Rider

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score

l think the Quartermaster version looks great. l would take that over any other double cab on the market
Hi The spare wheel mounted on the frame was not on the main stand but on a Grenadier elsewhere under a tented area, it was definitely one of the mules/prototypes as it had the numbering on it. The spare position looked good there but may somewhat obscure rear vision! It also had a roller shutter load area cover which will be aftermarket.

Shale Rider

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I think we need a consensus on whether we wave at Defenders (real (old) ones!) I'd be up for it as I always enjoyed the LR wave as passing by. 🙂
Fair call - I think that as the Grenadier is really the spiritual continuation of the LR we should! I was due my Grenadier in October and it arrived 3 weeks ago so yours should be soon! Give the dealer yet another call ! They don't get to find out till it's at the docks normally - then they get it 2 days later

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

I'm not sure...
G Wagen - 4f6a4d012d407b9612455ffd062571d6.jpg

and if money no object...
ERO3UM7XsAEOjrl.jpeg

Local time
Reaction score
Not sure about the wooden back.

lt looks better with the canvas top on it.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi The spare wheel mounted on the frame was not on the main stand but on a Grenadier elsewhere under a tented area, it was definitely one of the mules/prototypes as it had the numbering on it. The spare position looked good there but may somewhat obscure rear vision! It also had a roller shutter load area cover which will be aftermarket.
Isn't the roller shutter just this option on the configurator:
Screenshot_20230717_084852.jpg

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:04 PM
Reaction score
This was discussed elsewhere on the forum. My suggestion is a farmers wave and polite head nod.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
A defender driver waved at me today….

Local time
Reaction score
Nobody waves to me in my new Defender. Old type Defender drivers don't, and most new Defender drivers don't really have any idea as to why they might want to wave at another one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom