The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Quartermaster at the Festival of Speed

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:17 AM
Reaction score
Nobody waves to me in my new Defender. Old type Defender drivers don't, and most new Defender drivers don't really have any idea as to why they might wave at another one.
Sad, true of most characterful newer cars. People too zoned on their own importance to acknowledge a connection?

I still wave at all ‘real’ defenders, must admit it has never occurred to me to wave to new defenders, and now that i have thought about it I still wont. It doesnt feel like I’m being picky, theyre just not family.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
10:17 AM
Reaction score
I have had a few waves from old defender drivers, and quite a few aborted ones as well. You see the wave start to go up and then get pulled down very quickly when they realise it’s one of those new fangled Chinese copy things 😂

I still smile and wave though, or if they pull the wave, I point and laugh 😆

I wouldn’t wave at any new defender drivers, they just seem to want to demonstrate how much faster theirs is over an IG, if going in the same direction.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:17 PM
Reaction score
I have had a few waves from old defender drivers, and quite a few aborted ones as well. You see the wave start to go up and then get pulled down very quickly when they realise it’s one of those new fangled Chinese copy things 😂

I still smile and wave though, or if they pull the wave, I point and laugh 😆

I wouldn’t wave at any new defender drivers, they just seem to want to demonstrate how much faster theirs is over an IG, if going in the same direction.
Ahh the measure of a good offroad workhorse... straight line speed on a sealed surface

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:17 AM
Reaction score
I’ll wave back at anyone if they wave at me - it’s just the polite thing to do. 😉

But the backhanded two finger salute (aka up yours) I will reserve solely for my IG kin.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Happy Peace Out GIF by Amsterdenim

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Isn't the roller shutter just this option on the configurator:
View attachment 7820801
Speaking of this option, I had something similar on my Ford Raptor, and the one big downside is that the rolled mechanism box, which holds the rolled up cover, mounted below the rear window and suspended above the bed (hangs from the side rails) took up at least 8” of bed space. When you only have 5.5’ of bed space to begin with, losing the extra space kinda makes the bed even less useful.

Another option, even though it’s not as clean, is the flip up version. The cover is split into thirds and each section stacks on top of the last. When fully open the cover is propped vertically covering your rear window, but the advantage is you get full use of your bed.

Just a thought. Personally I like the canvas top option😁

Back
Top Bottom