The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Professional Pickup Review (UK)

Screenshot 2023-02-09 at 1.53.33 PM.png

Building a car company from scratch isn’t an easy task, but that’s not stopped Ineos, which, just six years on from first mooting a spiritual successor to the Land Rover Defender, has finally unleashed the Grenadier.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:41 PM
Reaction score
I might contact you when we can make a road trip up to Scotland. It’s a magic scenery I want to see on my own!
You might now be disappointed with the scenery, its windfarm after windfarm after windfarm. In Dumfries and Galloway we have over 1500 turbines. and I'm afraid the size is getting bigger, we now have 220m high to tip. Last year the windfarm industry was paid £227M in constraint payments (paid to turn them off because not required at non peak periods). Since 2010 the Scottish Government has paid out £1.15 billon in constraint payments. The Scottish landscape has been decimated by these hideous machines.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:41 PM
Reaction score
You might now be disappointed with the scenery, its windfarm after windfarm after windfarm. In Dumfries and Galloway we have over 1500 turbines. and I'm afraid the size is getting bigger, we now have 220m high to tip. Last year the windfarm industry was paid £227M in constraint payments (paid to turn them off because not required at non peak periods). Since 2010 the Scottish Government has paid out £1.15 billon in constraint payments. The Scottish landscape has been decimated by these hideous machines.
We do have enough of those huge wind turbines here as well. And as I strongly believe that the landscape has changed not to the better with all of this towers, I still would like to visit this countryside which will still have its beautiful places.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:41 PM
Reaction score
We do have enough of those huge wind turbines here as well. And as I strongly believe that the landscape has changed not to the better with all of this towers, I still would like to visit this countryside which will still have its beautiful places.
Yes it's OK the further in the North of Scotland in the highland areas. But down here in the sw of Scotland they are prolific. That's why IA went further up for there journo jaunts. I don't know if you have previously been up in Scotland, if so you will be familiar with the Scottish midges. If not be sure to make certain you buy enough midge repellent before your trip. "Smidge" brand recommended.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:41 PM
Reaction score
Yes it's OK the further in the North of Scotland in the highland areas. But down here in the sw of Scotland they are prolific. That's why IA went further up for there journo jaunts. I don't know if you have previously been up in Scotland, if so you will be familiar with the Scottish midges. If not be sure to make certain you buy enough midge repellent before your trip. "Smidge" brand recommended.
Never have been north of Newcastle upon Tyre. Thanks for the tip!

Back
Top Bottom