The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Pick up my IG(Trial Master, Donny grey) yesterday and drove 400miles, now I have a newbie questions.

Coco

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:42 PM
Reaction score
Right after picked up at SoCal, I had to drive up to NorCal. it was 7 hours long drive on the highway with a lot of curve, hills, high wind, and bugs.
now I have a coupe of feedback and questions for existing owners.

1. Steering- I knew its not responsive. and I felt it during test drive, but it was very hard on the highway. I know the car is not made for highway, but it was so difficult to center myself in the lane, especially in the curve. I knew I am pretty good driver, usually takes 10 mins to get used to new car. but even after 1 hour driving, it was still hard to keep the car in the center. can you recommend some minor modification to achieve tighter control of steering. I saw something in the facebook, but can not find it.

2. AC - did not have any problem in cooling, but heating did not work well. any idea on this issue?

3. indicators- tire warning came up later again, and showed 52, so I stopped the car and reduced, but the indicator still showed 52, so I reduced further, then all of sudden it went down to 45... . also gas indicator did not go down at all after 100miles run, but around 150mils, it showed 50% all of sudden. so these indicator issues are known issue? can I expect a fix in the future?

4. Android auto- it kept disconnecting.. is this also known issue?

most issues are not critical, but #1 is something I really want to improve. it required so much attention, made me so tired and its not safe. any advice is welcome.

Local time
Reaction score
First check is tire pressures...
I think most of the guys are suggesting around 36psi?
Others will chime in.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:42 PM
Reaction score
1) Join me down at number 3...
2) The HVAC can be odd sometimes
3) Tire warning. Check your pressures. An empty vehicle should be in the upper 30s (36-38) front and rear; these are in the owners manual as well. The pressure in the door is for full weight. Many dealers are setting these to door pressure and are over inflated for no added weight/street use. Fuel gauge reportedly gets better as it "ages"
4) Sorry, no input on this one.

Coco

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Others will chime in.

1) Join me down at number 3...
2) The HVAC can be odd sometimes
3) Tire warning. Check your pressures. An empty vehicle should be in the upper 30s (36-38) front and rear; these are in the owners manual as well. The pressure in the door is for full weight. Many dealers are setting these to door pressure and are over inflated for no added weight/street use. Fuel gauge reportedly gets better as it "ages"
4) Sorry, no input on this one.
OK, tire pressure! yes, my dealer set to 50 and passenger was only 1(myself). I will try with 36 then. appreciated with your answers.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
OK, tire pressure! yes, my dealer set to 50 and passenger was only 1(myself). I will try with 36 then. appreciated with your answers.
If, after adjusting tire pressures, you are still not happy with the steering, another thing that comes to mind would be ensuring the caster is set properly. The dealer should have done this as part of the PDI, but it may have been overlooked. Increasing the castor helps with tracking and steering feel, from what I've read here and the FB group.

Eyedogtor

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I agree - having driven a few hundred miles on the highway, I really don't find the steering to be a big consideration at all, and that is coming from a BMW M3 and my other car which is an Audi RS7. I feel like if you are sensing that much of an issue, something must be off.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:42 AM
Reaction score
Right after picked up at SoCal, I had to drive up to NorCal. it was 7 hours long drive on the highway with a lot of curve, hills, high wind, and bugs.

1. Steering- I knew its not responsive. and I felt it during test drive, but it was very hard on the highway. I know the car is not made for highway, but it was so difficult to center myself in the lane, especially in the curve. I knew I am pretty good driver, usually takes 10 mins to get used to new car. but even after 1 hour driving, it was still hard to keep the car in the center. can you recommend some minor modification to achieve tighter control of steering. I saw something in the facebook, but can not find it.

2. AC - did not have any problem in cooling, but heating did not work well. any idea on this issue?

3. indicators- tire warning came up later again, and showed 52, so I stopped the car and reduced, but the indicator still showed 52, so I reduced further, then all of sudden it went down to 45... . also gas indicator did not go down at all after 100miles run, but around 150mils, it showed 50% all of sudden. so these indicator issues are known issue? can I expect a fix in the future?

most issues are not critical, but #1 is something I really want to improve. it required so much attention, made me so tired and its not safe. any advice is welcome.
No idea what could be wrong with your steering
This is mine and i have absolutely no issues with it
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw2CnkkcCb4

Local time
Reaction score
I would have the alignment/camber checked. Talking to dealer, with the weight of the IG the car carriers had some chained down so tightly that they pushed them out of spec.

JonSutton

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:42 AM
Reaction score

Steering does take a bit of getting used to if you aren’t used to (say) old Defender. Can feel a bit vague but once used to it no issue imo.
AC and heating - get it checked imo. Mine is ok but the agent asked me about mine and said mine was unusual in working properly from the get go.
Fuel level, yep very similar to mine. I keep mine topped up regularly, never let it go below about 5 imperial gallons in the tank. It can show nearly full and take six gallons at the pump.
Apple CarPlay always works fine but can be odd if wired up and radio does occasionally drop out for split seconds, especially in digital mode. Not checked Android.
Check for water leaks - safari rooves and door seals.

Truck does drive well imo and is comfortable. Fuel consumption excellent for a heavy brick shape. Tows great and is pretty good off road when stock. Mine is diesel.

Psignore00

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My heat works way better when I have the air flow on only bottom or top and bottom combo compared to top only. With AC I use top only.

Mossy Ineos Grenadier TX

Production/Transit
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
6:42 PM
Reaction score
Others will chime in.
For any tire alerts, recommend 43 on the front and 49 on the rear. Then after adjusting, go to the tire pressure setting and select reset, then drive a few miles. You should be good to go. FYI: Settings --> Vehicle Functions --> Vehicle Information --> Tyre Pressure --> Reset

MickyWadds

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:42 PM
Reaction score
For any tire alerts, recommend 43 on the front and 49 on the rear. Then after adjusting, go to the tire pressure setting and select reset, then drive a few miles. You should be good to go. FYI: Settings --> Vehicle Functions --> Vehicle Information --> Tyre Pressure --> Reset
For the reset portion - This should be done when the tires are cold, otherwise the system will not reset. That's been my experience.

Deano

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:42 AM
Reaction score

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQHuylOark8

Reactions: BVB

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Something is clearly amiss - because the problem he described, of making a turn (at speed, slight turn) and having to walk the wheel back - I don't experience that.

My wife yelled at me tonight because I kept making small adjustments and letting go of the wheel - it returns to center.

I can make a big turn in a parking lot - it returns to center. Not quickly, but it does return.

I wish people would take their vehicles to the dealership and get the alignment checked. I think that needs to be step one, or two - check your tire pressures. I'm at 38 psi. I believe my alignment is correct.

I honestly just don't get it - and I'm 8400 miles into my ownership.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Something is clearly amiss - because the problem he described, of making a turn (at speed, slight turn) and having to walk the wheel back - I don't experience that.

My wife yelled at me tonight because I kept making small adjustments and letting go of the wheel - it returns to center.

I can make a big turn in a parking lot - it returns to center. Not quickly, but it does return.

I wish people would take their vehicles to the dealership and get the alignment checked. I think that needs to be step one, or two - check your tire pressures. I'm at 38 psi. I believe my alignment is correct.

I have found my steering slowly returning to center after a turn. I still have to assist a bit but not as much as when I first drove it. I do not think it will eventually return center on its own like many other vehicles but it has gotten better.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

This is where I wish we could get together a back to back test drives of each others vehicle. Mine does not return to center, PSI set to 38 all around, constant correction on the road, but I am at 450 miles vs 8400 miles. I will likely take it in and have the alignment checked just for curiosity's sake, but that will be at my own expense, as taking it to the dealer is a bit of a trek. Maybe it's the alignment, maybe it's the stabilizer, maybe it's the difference between my pickup and getting used to the Ineos. The steering is not a deal breaker, but it definitely sounds like there may be considerable variation in steering feel from vehicle to vehicle.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Certainly not my area, but spending the money aside, is the explained reasoning worth considering? I've come to like the steering if I'm honest, and can attest that when off road there were no kickbacks in any of the situations I found myself in.

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:42 AM
Reaction score
2 about the heater/ac. Try to do the bleeding procedure of the high pressure side of the heating. After the bleeding procedure, I noticed that the reservoir was almost empty. So I did it twice, topped it up, and since than no more issues. (Except for the tweaking, but you get use to it). Check the treat here https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/heater-output.12413338/post-1333234372

Back
Top Bottom