The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Petrol/Diesel - Pass/Com mix

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
9:30 AM
Reaction score
Again just some interesting information for you all whilst we wait for our vehicles. This is just me here at Chester and may not represent the entire UK or other countries but thought you may be interested in the split.

Total orders %
Commercial 47%
Passenger 53%

Total Diesel/Petrol mix
Diesel 64%
Petrol 36%

Passenger Diesel/Petrol mix
Diesel 52%
Petrol 48%

Commercial Diesel/Petrol mix
Diesel 76%
Petrol 24%

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
thanks Steve, I'm surprised by the 47% of commercial orders, I was thinking more 70/30 split in favour of passenger models.

interesting.
Don't forget I cover all of North Wales, so I have a lot of farmers and similar trades up here.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting stuff. If however the rumours that as a small volume car producer, Ineos can only sell 6000 vehicles per year into the U.K. of which only 1700 can be passenger vehicles , then I can’t see how Ineos can supply the demand for passenger vehicles. Any thoughts

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
I can see a lot of people having to wait for their passenger vehicles in the U.K. and EU if your sales figures are anything to go by. Maybe that’s the cause of some of the hold up 🤔
Hold up has nothing to do with the split, it's literally down to what INEOS have reported already.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
What do you think is holding up the release Steve is it "just" software?? or physical parts as software doesn't take that long.
We know there have been parts supply issues as with every manufacturer right now but hopefully we are at the end now and things should start moving very soon.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.
Can I ask, as a dealer do you have any more info tha the rest of us on the delays?

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.
Can I ask, as a dealer do you have any more info tha the rest of us on the delays?
Not really no, we obviously speak to the guys and girls as much as possible for updates but nothing of great significance that's different to what you already know.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
thanks Steve, I'm surprised by the 47% of commercial orders, I was thinking more 70/30 split in favour of passenger models.

interesting.
I think this is because it's not a 'true commercial vehicle' in many markets. For example, the vast majorityu of people in Australia drive commercial diesel utes/trucks. Buying a wagon in Diesel Commercial Wagon I think anywhere simply comes down to the local market conditions and it would seem EU commercial has a higher stake of petrol (due to various EU rules) than the SA, AUS, Indian markets. Just my thoughts.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:30 PM
Reaction score
I think this is because it's not a 'true commercial vehicle' in many markets. For example, the vast majorityu of people in Australia drive commercial diesel utes/trucks. Buying a wagon in Diesel Commercial Wagon I think anywhere simply comes down to the local market conditions and it would seem EU commercial has a higher stake of petrol (due to various EU rules) than the SA, AUS, Indian markets. Just my thoughts.
Relaxed taxation for the self-employed plus negative gearing for professionals = lots of dual cab utes and a parliamentary majority in Canberra.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Don't forget I cover all of North Wales, so I have a lot of farmers and similar trades up here.
Given the to and froing on VAT & BiK, do you have a split as to how many are being purchased privately as opposed to through a company/business?

Back
Top Bottom