The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Payment in advance

Pipm4000

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:45 PM
Reaction score
Interested in peoples views, I was fine with payment in advance model based on the narrative “you pay when your vehicle is in the country and will be released to you in a few days.” Now I know Ineos have taken payment from people with no firm release date I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t pay unless vehicles were hitting the road. Mine is in production and I may be in this position shortly. What do people think?

Reactions: CB

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:45 PM
Reaction score
You are absolutely right with this.
Payment against a road legal car within four working days after my payment is out!

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It would be particularly galling to be paying finance on a vehicle you didn’t have in your possession and that you had no idea when you’d get it.

CB

Reservation Holder
Local time
5:45 PM
Reaction score
I hove no problem placing a deposit, however, I will only pay the balance when I take delivery. Maybe it is different in the US. I don't know of anyone who paid the full price for a vehicle before taking delivery.

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I hove no problem placing a deposit, however, I will only pay the balance when I take delivery. Maybe it is different in the US. I don't know of anyone who paid the full price for a vehicle before taking delivery.
In Germany it is actually quite easy (which doesn’t mean that this is how IA will handle it): possession and property are seperatable and in the case of cars title is transferred via the papers. So you can take the car with you but the dealer keeps part of the papers until you paid.

Reactions: CB

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In Germany it is actually quite easy (which doesn’t mean that this is how IA will handle it): possession and property are seperatable and in the case of cars title is transferred via the papers. So you can take the car with you but the dealer keeps part of the papers until you paid.
Very similar to UK. You collect car and pay when collecting, BACS these days. The V5 title is sent in the post registered in your name a few days later

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Very similar to UK. You collect car and pay when collecting, BACS these days. The V5 title is sent in the post registered in your name a few days later
Interesting this has only become an issue because it appears there is now a lack of trust in IA. I presume this is a consequence of the way IA has treated its customers with their complete lack of communication interaction

Local time
3:45 PM
Reaction score
Curious to know: for those who have paid or signed a contract (anything indicating a transfer of ownership), when does the vehicle warranty start? Upon “ownership” or delivery?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Curious to know: for those who have paid or signed a contract (anything indicating a transfer of ownership), when does the vehicle warranty start? Upon “ownership” or delivery?
On registration. The date used for tax, mot and finish of warranty

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
No chance my money leaves for IA unless the vehicle is at the dealer, registered and ready for release. I.e. I collect as soon as funds clear and driveway with a full tank of diesel... think they they will give us a full tank at collection???

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:45 AM
Reaction score
No chance my money leaves for IA unless the vehicle is at the dealer, registered and ready for release. I.e. I collect as soon as funds clear and driveway with a full tank of diesel... think they they will give us a full tank at collection???
Agreed but i reckon we’ll only be getting the usual 1/2 tank given the $ allocated for fuel on the contract ☹️ I’m hopeful we’ll a full 12 months rego tho!

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
They arrive at the agents with an almost empty tank "due to transport restrictions" as I was told.

There is no mentioning in the contract about the amount of fuel included. So I suspect it depends on the agent how much fuel you drive off the yard with.

Paul Cooper

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There is a fuel item on my detailed contract aka "sale agreement" for A$118.90 which at current prices is about 60 litres of diesel....
I have the same £83.34 to be exact for fuel

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I haven't (yet?) seen such a statement in my contract.

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
My (wrong and nullified) contract doesn't sax anything about that either.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Agreed but i reckon we’ll only be getting the usual 1/2 tank given the $ allocated for fuel on the contract ☹️ I’m hopeful we’ll a full 12 months rego tho!
12 months rego for a 1st time registered vehicle is a given. Fuel well half a tank is better than none!

Paul Cooper

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It's a round £100 when you add in the VAT you are paying.
Agreed i had missed that.
I will be checking i have over 1/2 a tank in that case.

Back
Top Bottom