The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Owners Manual (published online by IA)

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:17 AM
Reaction score
Well I've finished reading the manual and am safely out of the typo rabbit hole :) Overall a good first draft but there is a lot of missing information so I can see why its been pulled. That said the Ineos Legal and OH&S departments have done an amazing job with almost 400 warnings and cautions in the Australian PDF! I hope the more complete second edition is not too far away............

Finally I wonder whether it was just coincidence that the last update email and the fleeting glimpse of the owners manual happened almost at the same time.

Cheers
Steve

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:17 PM
Reaction score
I often open my door when reversing with a trailer to see what I'm missing so does this mean it goes into park and wrecks the parking pawl???? crazy I'm driving the thing.
I wonder if off road mode will disengage all of this and allow you to back up? In the l663 there is a sequence for zf transmission. One option is to lock the seat belt and then sit in the seat. You should be able to put it in reverse with door open. The other option is to put car in drive and open the door. The car will go into park. Keep door open and put car in reverse. Keep your foot on the brake and let car crawl backwards.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:17 AM
Reaction score
Yeah interesting thing for Ineos to do. I’ve got a copy downloaded but really want the 3d repair manuals to checkout serviceability and special tools required.
Answer from Customer Service yesterday lunchtime was:

"Thank you very much for contacting INEOS Automotive.

There will be a repair manual provided at a later date as it is currently under development and once finalised, will become available in the near future.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,"

ARF

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
10:17 AM
Reaction score
Answer from Customer Service yesterday lunchtime was:

"Thank you very much for contacting INEOS Automotive.

There will be a repair manual provided at a later date as it is currently under development and once finalised, will become available in the near future.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,"
Good to know thanks. I’m just impatient. I use other repair manuals, mostly Toyota and the detail and information is amazing. Interesting though that most workshops don’t use the manuals much at all🤣. Of even more importance will Ineos be part of AASRA in Aus and make service bulletins, recalls, and safety related information available.

Local time
8:17 AM
Reaction score
Well,

I’ve skipped through the manual and determined it’s going to be an interesting learning curve when it arrives. First being the steering wheel controls are a mirror image of my utes controls. Room for a few old timers moments there, the wipers will get a work out.

I hope the second iteration will tell us where the power outlets are, especially where to power a dash cam and sat nav from.

I thought it was going to be simpler, no wonder they’ve had a problem with software. Some programming errors can lie dormant for ages then rear up when an unusual sequence is in play. Also some mountain track drop off’s kind of demand you open the drivers door to see where your rear wheel is.

Lets hope the majority of the audible alarms are defeated with the buttons provided as the one I drove sounded like an asthmatic American locomotive with all the alarms sounding, going round the 4WD course.

Finally the safety warnings and blue notes could do with editing. Here’s an alternative view that I found on the web years ago.

CITIZENS FOR EVOLUTION

This statement comes from Lawrence A. Bullis, writing in the Arizona Republic.

“Everyday some do gooder is trying to save us from ourselves. We have so many laws and safety commissions to ensure our safety that it seems nearly impossible to have an accident. The problem is that we need accidents, and lots of them.”

“Danger is natures way of eliminating stupid people. Without safety, stupid people die in accidents...”

“With safety, however well-intentioned it may be, we are developing into half-witted mutants, because idiots, who by all rights should be dead, are spared from their rightful early graves and are free to breed even more imbeciles.”

“Lets do away with safety and improve our species. Take up smoking. Jaywalk. Play with blasting caps. Take your choice of dangerous activity and do it with gusto. Future generations will thank you.”

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well,

I’ve skipped through the manual and determined it’s going to be an interesting learning curve when it arrives. First being the steering wheel controls are a mirror image of my utes controls. Room for a few old timers moments there, the wipers will get a work out.

I hope the second iteration will tell us where the power outlets are, especially where to power a dash cam and sat nav from.

I thought it was going to be simpler, no wonder they’ve had a problem with software. Some programming errors can lie dormant for ages then rear up when an unusual sequence is in play. Also some mountain track drop off’s kind of demand you open the drivers door to see where your rear wheel is.

Lets hope the majority of the audible alarms are defeated with the buttons provided as the one I drove sounded like an asthmatic American locomotive with all the alarms sounding, going round the 4WD course.

Finally the safety warnings and blue notes could do with editing. Here’s an alternative view that I found on the web years ago.

CITIZENS FOR EVOLUTION

“Everyday some do gooder is trying to save us from ourselves. We have so many laws and safety commissions to ensure our safety that it seems nearly impossible to have an accident. The problem is that we need accidents, and lots of them.”

“Danger is natures way of eliminating stupid people. Without safety, stupid people die in accidents...”

“With safety, however well-intentioned it may be, we are developing into half-witted mutants, because idiots, who by all rights should be dead, are spared from their rightful early graves and are free to breed even more imbeciles.”

“Lets do away with safety and improve our species. Take up smoking. Jaywalk. Play with blasting caps. Take your choice of dangerous activity and do it with gusto. Future generations will thank you.”
If it takes you longer than a day to get used to the blinkers being on the left instead of the right then you probably shouldn't be driving a vehicle

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well,

CITIZENS FOR EVOLUTION

I reckon complex things quickly become simple once we've committed the effort to learning them - I'm sure you'll be on top of things in the Gren in no time.
Switch between LHD/RHD or even between Japan and Euro stalks regularly and you're going to indicate with your wipers every now and then. :)

I think you'll find the Lawrence A. Bullises of the world are pretty quick to lawyer up when something happens to them.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If it takes you longer than a day to get used to the blinkers being on the left instead of the right then you probably shouldn't be driving a vehicle
I have 3 vehicles with blinkers on the right and 4 with it on the left. I regularly get it wrong swapping between them all.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Those noises are a "feature" of the prototypes.
For a start , the airbag is disconnected (and the car's brain doesn't like that)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Good to know thanks. I’m just impatient. I use other repair manuals, mostly Toyota and the detail and information is amazing. Interesting though that most workshops don’t use the manuals much at all🤣. Of even more importance will Ineos be part of AASRA in Aus and make service bulletins, recalls, and safety related information available.
It's an interesting point - do they have a choice?

It's a shame that the US launch is so far off as NHTSA manufacturer's communications is also a very useful tool for the interested owner.

ARF

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
It's an interesting point - do they have a choice?

It's a shame that the US launch is so far off as NHTSA manufacturer's communications is also a very useful tool for the interested owner.
Yes they do get a choice as VW isn’t part of the scheme. VW you get via a different arrangement. Latest info for repair manual in Aus is 2024. They will get back to me soon about AASRA. There is clearly a lot still to be sorted for the new vehicle.

AndrewW

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I wonder if off road mode will disengage all of this and allow you to back up? In the l663 there is a sequence for zf transmission. One option is to lock the seat belt and then sit in the seat. You should be able to put it in reverse with door open. The other option is to put car in drive and open the door. The car will go into park. Keep door open and put car in reverse. Keep your foot on the brake and let car crawl backwards.
I’m told yes, off-road mode will cancel the auto-park on reversing with doors open. Not tried it yet.

Back
Top Bottom