The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Owners Manual (published online by IA)

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
2:40 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
I didn’t like this bit.
View attachment 7807154
At least they are being honest about it. Although they could have shortened it to:-

"If you are going to drive like an idiot, the car will rat you out to the authorities, when you bounce off the scenery or other road users. If you want to blame someone, remember all those incompetents who complained about inadvertant acceleration in their Audis and Toyotas; the motor industry never forgets."

Local time
7:40 PM
Reaction score
I have been in lectures with crash investigation teams and they say BMW are the hardest manufacturer to get information out of because they say the software is their intellectual property and in releasing information it would be disclosed to competitors.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:40 AM
Reaction score
I assume the dipstick may be inaccurate the way the engine is mounted in the Grenadier compared to the BMW it is designed for
So..... at the oil change while refilling... just "calibrate" the dipstick against the sensor readout? Then in the event that the sensor fails, the old school dipstick ...the vehicle one, (not me :oops: ) can be relied upon! ....

sne

Local time
8:40 PM
Reaction score
I assume the dipstick may be inaccurate the way the engine is mounted in the Grenadier compared to the BMW it is designed for
Possibly the oil sump (oil pan?) has been modified to fit into the space envelope of the Grenadier engine compartment. This would make the dipstick and the level indicated at that location more or less useless or give even a wrong indication.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I couldn’t see any mention of stopping the vehicle to engage the centre diff lock, so it seems it can be engaged on the move like the old defender…

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
So..... at the oil change while refilling... just "calibrate" the dipstick against the sensor readout? Then in the event that the sensor fails, the old school dipstick ...the vehicle one, (not me :oops: ) can be relied upon! ....
Seems logical.
Take a pic the day it arrives , full of oil.

Highwayman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Seems logical.
Take a pic the day it arrives , full of oil.
Just for completeness, the M57 engine n my BMW X5 doesn't have a dipstick. Oil level checks all done by sensors. Wasn't possible to retrofit either. So the operating manual might just be repeating guidance from BMW about their engines.

I could be wrong ......

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Just for completeness, the M57 engine n my BMW X5 doesn't have a dipstick. Oil level checks all done by sensors. Wasn't possible to retrofit either. So the operating manual might just be repeating guidance from BMW about their engines.

I could be wrong ......
I seem to recall that the Ineos B57 does in fact have the magic stick
Edit: re the 540D just FYI
B57 dipstick.jpg

Last edited:

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I couldn’t see any mention of stopping the vehicle to engage the centre diff lock, so it seems it can be engaged on the move like the old defender…
I actually couldn't find anything on how to engage the center diff lock...?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I do not know for sure but the Grenadier might have installed a dry sump lubrication. When the motor normally does not have this the dip stick might indeed be completely useless.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I do not know for sure but the Grenadier might have installed a dry sump lubrication. When the motor normally does not have this the dip stick might indeed be completely useless.
Screenshot_20230329_183849.jpg
Anyone know what purpose "Motor oil level OK" serves when you have minimum right the way through to overfilled?

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That is correct. From memory on one of my test drives I did try this as it was automatic from owning Rovers and was all good. But that was a few months ago... And a prototype

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe this is the message you get when you check while driving or in other circumstances when it is not possible to check the exact level more exact?
I thought there was a screen displaying vehicle warnings, could just be a high level summary that appears somewhere

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Park is engaged automatically when:
The driver seat belt is unbuckled.
The drivers door is not shut correctly.
The engine is switched off and the transmission is still in frwd/reverse
etc

so does this mean if I'm rolling and I inadvertently dislodge my seatbelt or perhaps intentionally open my door then no matter what the circumstances the lever throws itself into martyrdom and selects Park???

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:40 PM
Reaction score
Park is engaged automatically when:
The driver seat belt is unbuckled.
The drivers door is not shut correctly.
The engine is switched off and the transmission is still in frwd/reverse
etc

so does this mean if I'm rolling and I inadvertently dislodge my seatbelt or perhaps intentionally open my door then no matter what the circumstances the lever throws itself into martyrdom and selects Park???
Probably, there were instances of people getting run over themselves because of the new electronic shifters are confusing. They thought it was in park but wasn't. Give us back the old PRNDL.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Give it a try. Live life on the edge. Report back here 😀

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I didn’t like this bit.
View attachment 7807154
Well, It depends. One of my mates is working for an insurance company. They ask the data stored in the system of the car after a suspicious accident. If the owner of the car refuses (he can!) they don't pay! If he accepts, they analyze the data.

So, once a guy had a total loss of his car while still in 100% money back period. Other car hit him from the right while he had priority. Suspicions: not the first time he had such an accident, and ... no injuries!
After analyzing the data of the car, they noticed that his car was at a complete standstill at the moment of the impact, while he told he was driving the car!
Conclusion: he "most probably" stopped the car, stepped out, the other guy made on purpose an accident! Fraud and lies, no money!

I think this is OK! I don't want fraud from other persons: this makes insuring a car much more expensive, because I help to pay these guys!

But of course: this IS "Big Brother is Watching You"!

Back
Top Bottom