The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Owners Manual (published online by IA)

cheeters

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:23 PM
Reaction score

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:23 PM
Reaction score
I read the whole Italian manual a few days ago and I find it extremely approximate and with many gaps compared to the manual of other vehicles I own. i was very disappointed.

just a few trivialities:
- wheel tightening torque
- basic maintenance: pad change, differential oil capacity and reduction gear
- removal of the EGR + miscellaneous bells and whistles
- removal of the catalyst and fap
- ad blue removal
ah no... perhaps the latter can't be done :p

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:23 AM
Reaction score
My 2015 JKU came with a truncated printed owners manual with more online-sadly my dealer didn't tell me that and I thought Jeep just sucked at owners manuals. Kind of prefer one in the glove box myself.

nzmark

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:23 AM
Reaction score
I think INEOS has confirmed that the workshop manuals will be available online.

The contract says that the owner gets a hard copy AND an online copy.

So - either the hardcopy is with the car at delivery or posted to the owner.
The contract also says that by signing, you agree to everything in the contract. The NZ version of the contract says:
12.3 The Customer agrees that it has received, read and understand the owner’s manual of the Vehicle provided to you in hardcopy and available from our website.
So in order to (legally) sign the agreement, you are saying that you have read the manual prior to signing, but you can't get your car before you've signed the agreement, therefore the only way to read it would be on-line.

I tried to contact Ineos customer support and am still waiting for a response. Local dealer said "just sign in and we'll sort it out".

Loving my car though!! :D

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The contract also says that by signing, you agree to everything in the contract. The NZ version of the contract says:

So in order to (legally) sign the agreement, you are saying that you have read the manual prior to signing, but you can't get your car before you've signed the agreement, therefore the only way to read it would be on-line.

I tried to contact Ineos customer support and am still waiting for a response. Local dealer said "just sign in and we'll sort it out".

Loving my car though!! :D
The manual is on here somewhere.
Doesn't really say a lot

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:23 PM
Reaction score
Yes ... but it was the Forum which have given us the details, not IA itself.
The manual has been on the official Grenadier website for quite a few months now. Clearly referred to on the 'servicing' page.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Wonderful thing about living Europe.. the ref. brings up the Norwegian version😉
I could well become multilingual if I had another 40 yrs of life expectancy 😍🤣😍😍🧑‍🎓
My apologies Denis. I guess the reason for that, is my ip address currently logging onto Norway as I am currently on a vessel off Shetland. I can try and log onto the UK site if you wish and see if I can send the link from there.
This should be the UK version:

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My apologies Denis. I guess the reason for that, is my ip address currently logging onto Norway as I am currently on a vessel off Shetland. I can try and log onto the UK site if you wish and see if I can send the link from there.
This should be the UK version:
No apologies needed! :love:My flippant humour got the better of me...Half your luck!! I am enamoured by the magnificent scenery of the Shetland Islands which I enjoyed immensely ( albeit vicariously) watching "Det. Inspector Jimmy Perez" go about his crime solving business in the great TV series "Shetland";) . Hope your passage is smooth!

ARF

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:23 PM
Reaction score
The manual is not available on the Australian website either

Cheers. Steve

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have just finished reviewing the "Cockpit Fuse diagram in the Owner's Manual and also as included on a laminated sheet in the glovebox on delivery... purpose was to decide on which fuses to tap to install a dashcam.
When one compares the said diagrams with the fuse layout behind the flap under the steering wheel, the diagram is laterally inverted.... e.g. Fuses FC18 - FC23 are on the far right of the fuse box, not the far left.... Also, the fuse marked FC23 on the bottom left of the diagram is in fact on the top right hand side of the actual fuse box. all other marques for which I've had fuse diagrams take the trouble to match the layout diagram with what one sees when viewing the physical reality of the particular fuse box... I've yet to check the other fuse boxes against the diagrams
Deeply disappointing:mad:
Attached is an updated diagram of the Cockpit Electrical Centre fuse layout which (I hope) represents the physical reality.

EDIT: F13 "Emergency Call" is empty on the Australian spec I assume because that facility hasn't been included here

Attachments

• Cockpit Fuse Layout.pdf
    412.1 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have just finished reviewing the "Cockpit Fuse diagram in the Owner's Manual and also as included on a laminated sheet in the glovebox on delivery... purpose was to decide on which fuses to tap to install a dashcam.
When one compares the said diagrams with the fuse layout behind the flap under the steering wheel, the diagram is laterally inverted.... e.g. Fuses FC18 - FC23 are on the far right of the fuse box, not the far left.... Also, the fuse marked FC23 on the bottom left of the diagram is in fact on the top right hand side of the actual fuse box. all other marques for which I've had fuse diagrams take the trouble to match the layout diagram with what one sees when viewing the physical reality of the particular fuse box... I've yet to check the other fuse boxes against the diagrams
Deeply disappointing:mad:
Attached is an updated diagram of the Cockpit Electrical Centre fuse layout which (I hope) represents the physical reality.
I piggy backed onto the fuse box situated under the steering wheel. FC 21 / FC 23 (I seem to remember). All is working as it should do.

Back
Top Bottom