The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Europe Order Number - UK

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:13 PM
Reaction score
Even though an order number may look "higher" or "lower" it does not necessarily have to be.

Some manufacturers cover this up by swapping groups of numbers, or by inserting check digits somewhere in the middle. They don't want customers or competitors to do what we are trying to do here: looking over their shoulder at the cards they hold.
Yes, exactly. Unique customer identifiers are typically issued sequentially at origination whereas many production systems will issue order numbers non-sequentially.

Something for math geeks on this topic.

Steveo

Global Grenadier #1009
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:13 AM
Reaction score
Have you read my post?

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting, but why would IA want to confound analysis of serial numbers?
@emax is spot on...

• There is more than one reason that numbers might be non-sequential (eg if they are a string of variables (think VIN) rather than an integer)
  • The use of randomised production numbers is routine... if not default it is available in manufacturing systems

Sorry, yes I guess you make a good point.
Shame that IA spend energy on reducing transparency vs fully transparent earlier on.

This sort of thing indicates sound manufacturing discipline, and has implications for not just competitive intelligence but (in listed companies) for shareholder reporting.
Bearing in mind that Hambach was a MB plant, we should assume that some major chunks of the Ineos Automotive manufacturing systems are inherited.

Regardless this data is not typically of interest to customers, this whole conversation is emblematic of the unintended consequences of mobilising a bunch of middle aged professional blokes around your product (and then making them wait).

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@emax is spot on...

• There is more than one reason that numbers might be non-sequential (eg if they are a string of variables (think VIN) rather than an integer)
  • The use of randomised production numbers is routine... if not default it is available in manufacturing systems

This sort of thing indicates sound manufacturing discipline, and has implications for not just competitive intelligence but (in listed companies) for shareholder reporting.
Bearing in mind that Hambach was a MB plant, we should assume that some major chunks of the Ineos Automotive manufacturing systems are inherited.

Regardless this data is not typically of interest to customers, this whole conversation is emblematic of the unintended consequences of mobilising a bunch of middle aged professional blokes around your product (and then making them wait).
And some of us are just really old, retired professional blokes..... in a big hurry !! :)

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
And some of us are just really old, retired professional blokes..... in a big hurry !! :)
Don't fear the reaper, @DenisM - soon we'll be able to ride our British/Austrian/French chariots all the way to Valhalla. Vague steering and footrest notwithstanding.

Local time
8:13 AM
Reaction score
ORDER #00054404xx Still waiting for a contract. The current delay does have tax implications on a commercial vehicle.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Don't fear the reaper, @DenisM - soon we'll be able to ride our British/Austrian/French chariots all the way to Valhalla. Vague steering and footrest notwithstanding.
The road to Valhalla is unpaved , thus a little steering play will go unnoticed 😉

Local time
3:13 AM
Reaction score

Order #0005289xxx still awaiting contract​

I've surveyed loads of buyers. Here's my findings:

Contract numbers are almost meaningless. The priority to builds has been given to reservation numbers/dates i.e. the initial reservations back in 2021 with £450 deposit.

If you follow the reservation numbers they do track status of contract issue, build etc. The order dates have almost no correlation.

Phud

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Contract numbers are almost meaningless. The priority to builds has been given to reservation numbers/dates i.e. the initial reservations back in 2021 with £450 deposit.

If you follow the reservation numbers they do track status of contract issue, build etc. The order dates have almost no correlation.
Just received my contract, so signed it its correct!!

I was an April 2021 reservation

Reactions: PBD

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine has one error that I've noticed so far - 'Full Height Cargo Barrier' when I had ordered the 'Half Height' one as need to be able to camp in the back/put seats down and use the load area under the half height.

Has been discussed in previous thread(s) prior to contracts being released. The configurator was mucking certain configurations around with it. Anyway nothing an angle grinder cannot sort out or patience for the correct one to turn up.

Have asked Jardines to investigate when able.

Will drop Ineos a line as well in due course. Probably have a few months to sort it out!

Last edited:
Reactions: PBD

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

reservation #0005268xxx (Australia)

I’ve heard nothing from our friends at IA. I continue to believe IA are just in freestyle mode at the moment.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine has one error that I've noticed so far - 'Full Height Cargo Barrier' when I had ordered the 'Half Height' one as need to be able to camp in the back/put seats down and use the load area under the half height.

Has been discussed in previous thread(s) prior to contracts being released. The configurator was mucking certain configurations around with it. Anyway nothing an angle grinder cannot sort out or patience for the correct one to turn up.

Have asked Jardines to investigate when able.

Will drop Ineos a line as well in due course. Probably have a few months to sort it out!
Is your Grenadier the two seat utility version 🤔

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is your Grenadier the two seat utility version 🤔
no, unlike you I've ordered the 5 seat SW as need ferry the kids on occasions. Perhaps when flown the coop I'll convert to 2 seats and the dogs and gear can have a bit more room.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
no, unlike you I've ordered the 5 seat SW as need ferry the kids on occasions. Perhaps when flown the coop I'll convert to 2 seats and the dogs and gear can have a bit more room.
That’s strange they gave you a full height cargo barrier with the 5 seater or thought that was just for the 2 seat utility. 🤔

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That’s strange they gave you a full height cargo barrier with the 5 seater or thought that was just for the 2 seat utility. 🤔
yep. I'm not 100pct whether that's still a gremlin in the system and I'll end up with the half height as originally ordered. I wonder whether the full height for the SW 5 seater model (if it was an option and exists at all) would then be the same as your two seater cargo barrier behind the front seats. I.e could I just take it out and leave it in the yard until I perhaps take the rear seats out and then fix it behind the front seats??

Either way I'll need a half height sooner rather than later as not having one (any version) is not an option, having the full one will be a pain until can sort it out one way or another.

Back
Top Bottom