The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Order Number - UK

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
7:43 PM
Reaction score
My last info was "build Feb/March" - Reservation No 000521xxx, Order 0005330xxx, Germany - No contract signed yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: PBD

Geordie Hillbilly

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:43 PM
Reaction score
I asked my dealer today where my car was in the pecking order and he said my order number didn't reflect the production order. Does anyone know if or how these order numbers correspond to production or delivery orders? The dealers seem to be being mucked about as much as the buyers. I'm not jumping up and down yet but I was a bit miffed that I couldn't change any spec on the car - I'd decided I like that tan steering wheel after all - because the car was "somewhere in production", clearly beyond the steering-wheel-adding stage.
I asked if I could change the engine from diesel to petrol over a year ago and was advised I would have to cancel order and then go to back of the queue, which I didn't, but looking at it now....

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I asked my dealer today where my car was in the pecking order and he said my order number didn't reflect the production order. Does anyone know if or how these order numbers correspond to production or delivery orders? The dealers seem to be being mucked about as much as the buyers. I'm not jumping up and down yet but I was a bit miffed that I couldn't change any spec on the car - I'd decided I like that tan steering wheel after all - because the car was "somewhere in production", clearly beyond the steering-wheel-adding stage.
IA stated early on that they would broadly speaking build cars in the sequence that reservations were placed, i.e. that initial £450 or whatever it was in Sept 2021. However I'm sceptical that they held to it. Maybe specific parts shortages put paid to that. My dealer doesn't understand how they arrived at a production order either. Agree totally the dealers are being kept in the dark.

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
2:43 PM
Reaction score
Ordered 18th order 52915xx was told Oct then Jan feb. No news or contract.
Have only changed to canvas roof, pink wrap nose, rear hiab crane and fur seats.

Not bothered if it comes with software, its not gonh to get muddy.

jamesfielding

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have read on other threads here, there may be a precedent on Commercial vehicles 1st then consumer vehicles due to the number of vehicles IA can bring into a country at a time, but I don’t know enough about that.

MRO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
For what it’s worth, my order and contract in the UK were amongst the very first. My account page still indicates nothing on production but my dealer thinks it has been built and is in quality control with March delivery.

If Ineos think it needs more quality checks I am completely happy to let them take the time they need. I don’t want to be going back and forward to the dealer getting it sorted later or have a bad experience with reliability.

Delays will quickly be forgotten but unreliability or poor build quality never will be.

They still haven’t asked me what size coat I want…

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Well it looks like today was a big day today for Ineos agents. There seems to have been a surge of updates.

I have had an email saying mine is part of the Batch and Hold process and going through further checks and should be here in March.

My revised delivery date was Feb/March but the dealer had said it would be end of Feb start of March just before Xmas, so not a lot has changed for the estimated delivery.

For those who haven’t heard anything my portal still has the wrong spec and says nothing more than it’s ordered. The agent printed me out what my new spec is, so I have it in writing.

Never seen a hint of a contract. So as we all suspect it looks like the factory is churning the things out and as with my company the IT department is three light years behind (sorry to anyone in IT)

Chris

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think I was a bit late to the party, although I ordered as soon as I was given the chance that wasn't until 1st June, but the order no. is 5289xxx. That's a lower number than some of you guys that ordered mid May
Not heard anything about contracts, build dates, anticipated delivery, etc, etc, so no idea where my 2 seat commercial is.

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My last info was "build Feb/March" - Reservation No 000521xxx, Order 0005330xxx, Germany - No contract signed yet.
Hi muxmax, congratulations you are the first person as far as I can see who has a lower Reservation number than me. Mine is a Trialmaster, what's yours?
I suspect that the Belstaff editions have been moved back in the production schedule for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Hi muxmax, congratulations you are the first person as far as I can see who has a lower Reservation number than me. Mine is a Trialmaster, what's yours?
I suspect that the Belstaff editions have been moved back in the production schedule for some reason.
Hey @PBD. Mine is a Fieldmaster. Somewhere on here I have read the rumpr that IA might have difficulties with the saddle leather option. Hard to believe. But anyway, I just can’t resist when stuff is made from brown saddle leather. Would have had the seats in brown as well if that had been an option.

Maxwell

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Its a complete mystery… and chaos. Until last week my portal showed “ordered“, “contract signed“ and ”in production“, but with an incorrect configuration of the vehicle. However, the contract I signed in December had the correct configuration. Last week, I received a new email asking me to sign my contract (with again the correct configuration and the original estimated delivery date which by now is in the past). Now, my portal only shows “ordered” (still with the incorrect configuration). The rest is empty (nothing under “contract signed” nor “in production”)

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Its a complete mystery… and chaos. Until last week my portal showed “ordered“, “contract signed“ and ”in production“, but with an incorrect configuration of the vehicle. However, the contract I signed in December had the correct configuration. Last week, I received a new email asking me to sign my contract (with again the correct configuration and the original estimated delivery date which by now is in the past). Now, my portal only shows “ordered” (still with the incorrect configuration). The rest is empty (nothing under “contract signed” nor “in production”)
Haven't we been told in the past that the order numbers were random?????????????
Yes, they use the computer at weekends for the EU Lottery

Local time
Reaction score
52915XX
Signed a contract on 17 Nov 2022 but keep getting asked to sign a contract, I've signed two now but been asked to sign an additional 8. Dealer says my in first batch of 4 to them. Portal the same as Maxwell above. Very hacked off but having seen them in Kelso was cheered up so am now resigned to it will arrive when it arrives.

Granny Sparkles

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Hi, 5287xxx, supposedly in the 1st batch.

Agree with above; understood that vehicles would be processed in the order of which they were ordered - around 00:35 in our case as it took me 20 minutes or so to find the right button to press.

Also understood alterations could be complete before the contract was signed, but we daren't alter anything at all and hold up our delivery.

Just sold the wonderful 110 hard-top, our work vehicle and wild-camper. Having sleepless nights in case the Grenadier doesn't live up to expectations, so tricky without a test drive and measure up - but, I am optimistic and just looking forward to bringing it home and using it.

Last edited:

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
52915XX
Signed a contract on 17 Nov 2022 but keep getting asked to sign a contract, I've signed two now but been asked to sign an additional 8. Dealer says my in first batch of 4 to them. Portal the same as Maxwell above. Very hacked off but having seen them in Kelso was cheered up so am now resigned to it will arrive when it arrives.
I hope you did understand your dealer right. Maybe he meant „your 4 are the first batch he gets…“

Reactions: PBD

joejet

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi, 0005287035, supposedly in the 1st batch.

Agree with above; understood that vehicles would be processed in the order of which they were ordered - around 00:35 in our case as it took me 20 minutes or so to find the right button to press.

Also understood alterations could be complete before the contract was signed, but we daren't alter anything at all and hold up our delivery.

Just sold the wonderful 110 hard-top, our work vehicle and wild-camper. Having sleepless nights in case the Grenadier doesn't live up to expectations, so tricky without a test drive and measure up - but, I am optimistic and just looking forward to bringing it home and using it.
but it was supposed to be in the order of reservations, that never happened, my order would not go through as at the time my CC was non uk address so it took ages to get hold of them to fix it. my resivation was very early on the first day so I would have been in the first 50 or less. Oh well see what happens!

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I am now wondering how later order numbers are being built before the earlier ones!
Even though an order number may look "higher" or "lower" it does not necessarily have to be.

Some manufacturers cover this up by swapping groups of numbers, or by inserting check digits somewhere in the middle. They don't want customers or competitors to do what we are trying to do here: looking over their shoulder at the cards they hold.

Back
Top Bottom