The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Only Positive Thoughts Here

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:21 PM
Reaction score
60 is the new 40. I am just starting the last 20 years again. I feel the same , only wiser and less stressed!
When my parents hit 60 they were very old.
As were all their friends and relatives
Barely any physical activity
No sport
Lots of friends dying of old age
here we are 30 years later and 60 year old's are very active, lot's of sports, travelling the world, not in tour buses, swimming, diving, surfing, etc
I recall on our many visits to Italy that the older people were still very active, walking (La Passegiatta)
I certainly don't feel old at 60.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:21 AM
Reaction score
When my parents hit 60 they were very old.
As were all their friends and relatives
Barely any physical activity
No sport
Lots of friends dying of old age
here we are 30 years later and 60 year old's are very active, lot's of sports, travelling the world, not in tour buses, swimming, diving, surfing, etc
I recall on our many visits to Italy that the older people were still very active, walking (La Passegiatta)
I certainly don't feel old at 60.
So true!
I’m 50 next year and don't plan on slowing down for a very long time. Once you lose your fitness its not easy to get it back..

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So true!
I’m 50 next year and don't plan on slowing down for a very long time. Once you lose your fitness its not easy to get it back..
10 years ago I had both my knees replaced and in the years before I gave up golf, squash, Karate, Jiu Jitsu, Aikido, scuba diving, and so many more things.
Of course these are all the things that wore out my knees
I gained 40kgs plus and lost a lot of life.
Now it is time to regain these things,

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Smoking , pollution , various illnesses , poor diet and stress prematurely wore out many of the previous generation.
We are very fortunate to be living as well as we are - knowledge is power.
To enjoy our Grenadier years we must eat well for a start .
If your mind goes , so does your licence.
It's hard work being a positive person! I say it takes 10 positives to overcome 1 negative. But hard work never killed anyone.:unsure::geek:;):p

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
10 years ago I had both my knees replaced and in the years before I gave up golf, squash, Karate, Jiu Jitsu, Aikido, scuba diving, and so many more things.
Of course these are all the things that wore out my knees
I gained 40kgs plus and lost a lot of life.
Now it is time to regain these things,
I gave up tree climbing after a back injury and a detached pec, (i was an arborist) I too put on weight and got out of shape. I do various things now to keep fit, but its hard to find the time. The one thing I do that has been game changing is rucking, not rugby but walking with a backpack. I walk the dog every day so I started doing it with 20kg in a backpack. What a difference! I lost a stone and my back feels great, much stronger core. All for doing a 40 min walk that I would have been doing anyway..

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Cataract removal, intraocular lenses, new hips and knee joints, cardiovascular bypass and other ops...... we (collectively) have a lot to be grateful for!!

EDIT: the bottom line dropped out when I was responding previously on my phone: It was

And we are also grateful for JLR's intransigence and Sir Jim R's "stuff 'em I'll do it my way" attitude...without which we would not be "people of hope" sharing on a forum which would otherwise would not have existed!😇

Last edited:

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As much as I welcome this thread I think the criticism has fallen into 3 distinct camps.
1. Those that have grown impatient with Ineos and their customer relations.
2. Those that find serious fault in foot rests, windscreen wipers and plastic engine bits, etc.
3. Those that want to discuss modifications or wish there were options available to meet their needs or wishes.

Group 3 should carry on offering ideas, development, etc. All welcome in my view.

group 1 & 2 should maybe embrace the fact delivery is now imminent and the apparent faults will for most, fingers crossed, end up as mere inconveniences.
I do feel the pain of these latter groups but not as much as I feel the excitement to be found in this particular thread.
Only a month or two for me to wish away, all being well.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I gave up tree climbing after a back injury and a detached pec, (i was an arborist) I too put on weight and got out of shape. I do various things now to keep fit, but its hard to find the time. The one thing I do that has been game changing is rucking, not rugby but walking with a backpack. I walk the dog every day so I started doing it with 20kg in a backpack. What a difference! I lost a stone and my back feels great, much stronger core. All for doing a 40 min walk that I would have been doing anyway..
well done Tom - 20kg backpack is one heavy load to carry.

I do multi-day hiking (camping), carrying everything I need and try to keep my pack around 15 kg, especially if it's a hilly climb.

Last week I hiked 3 days and lost almost 2kg.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:21 AM
Reaction score
I do multi-day hiking (camping), carrying everything I need and try to keep my pack around 15 kg, especially if it's a hilly climb.

Last week I hiked 3 days and lost almost 2kg.
That is a nuisance did it just fall out of the backpack?

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
12:21 AM
Reaction score
Well I chased IA customer contact with an old case ref number yesterday - asking where's my car?
Usual stuff contract signed showing on website , nothing more.
Got reply first thing today saying ....it's at your agent !!!!!!!!
Great news, going to see it Friday , but happy to wait for the updates it may or may not need.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well I chased IA customer contact with an old case ref number yesterday - asking where's my car?
Great news, going to see it Friday , but happy to wait for the updates it may or may not need.
great news, another eagle has landed! one talon up but landed all the same.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So your agent didn't let you know/didn't have time before you found out?

Back
Top Bottom