The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Only Positive Thoughts Here

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:15 AM
Reaction score
I am starting to wonder that if the cork is well and truly out of the bottle and deliveries are imminent, cars coming off the line now will already have the latest parts and software and will not be held up at the dealers. We might see a flood of deliveries as cars arrive and go through the dealers much more quickly. People further down the waiting list might see their cars at the same time or only shortly after the early birds…

Positive thinking!

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The factory at Hambach had not been hit by a Russian missile yet! So production continued and that is great news!!!

Is this being positive??? :devilish:

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:15 PM
Reaction score
I watched a recent video where the business journo was speaking Sir Jim on the current business conditions generally. Asked about the Grenadier, Sir Jim replied that he was well aware of problems in delivery, that the uncertainty of international factors on supply chains were creating havoc.. e.g. IA has contracts with Ukrainian companies for 58 separate parts in the Grenadier. They are also relying on software suppliers in China....
The fact that they have produced vehicles at all is an achievement.
When you think about the complexity of procuring all the bits from around the globe, assembling the vehicles then shipping them all over the world, fault free... a few more months won't hurt... well that's how I console myself😎

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Chinese software. Great.
That cannot be true... software suppliers from China??? For a BMW Engine and generally speaking entirely European parts supply??? A late April fools joke OR the real reason the 'software' isnt working... haha. Oh me, are these things trying to rile me up!

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That cannot be true... software suppliers from China??? For a BMW Engine and generally speaking entirely European parts supply??? A late April fools joke OR the real reason the 'software' isnt working... haha. Oh me, are these things trying to rile me up!
No intention to rile you Trobex! Heaven forbid! 😇 Just relaying what the man said. There is a lot of automotive software development contracted to Chinese companies..... where do you suppose Chinese companies such as those which now own MG, Volvo and many other brands obtain their software? :unsure:
There are 35 CPUs in the Grenadier. Each has its own embedded firmware and requires an "interface" to be written to enable it to communicate with the main "body" ecu which "coordinates" them all to enable the vehicle to operate. Probably some of those chips come from China..... so they arrive with the specified s/w interface to meet the vehicle requirements.....

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The world is out to get you!

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That's what the man said. There is a lot of automotive software development contracted to Chinese companies..... where do you suppose Chinese companies such as those which now own MG, Volvo and many other brands obtain their software? :unsure:
I would expect Chinese owned car companies to obviously develop their own software and the same for any car company. But not a new start up... when your running gear is all European. This seems like a weak link.

EDIT: Gotcha before you edit!

Last edited:
Local time
7:45 PM
Reaction score
I would expect Chinese owned car companies to obviously develop their own software and the same for any car company. But not a new start up... when your running gear is all European. This seems like a weak link.f
I would expect Chinese owned car companies to obviously develop their own software and the same for any car company. But not a new start up... when your running gear is all European. This seems like a weak link.
I read that approximately 40% of engineers working in the USA are Chinese, but that the USA is a major exporter of lawyers.

Last edited:

Steveo

Global Grenadier #1009
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Neusoft is Tier 1 supplier of the 'infotainment' system.
It employs over 20,000 people across a broad range of industries.
I think they're a fairly reputable supplier.

Back
Top Bottom