The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Only Positive Thoughts Here

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:38 PM
Reaction score
It's like buying a new air-cooled 911 again. Can't miss out. It has some rough edges but the overall package is a winner. Can't wait to take delivery.....if the price isn't too crazy. But I will say, even 4Runners are almost $60K in the US.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:38 AM
Reaction score
It will be the most expensive car I bought in my live, and also the most wanted.
I never was interested in a Ferrari or Porsche (although I wouldn't refuse to drive one once for the experience).
I fell in love with 4X4 in 1984, when (as a passenger) I got stuck in a ditch in Chile in an old Land Cruiser (the white square one). The driver did lock the differentials, and without us passengers leaving the car, drove it out of the ditch. Amazing for me!
The Grenadier will be my 5th 4X4 (although I had some other second hand cars in between). First automatic gear also!

I hope it will be my last car, I want to keep it for the next 20 years: 66 + 20 is 86. Not sure I will be able to climb in and out of the car at that age 🤔
And it is the only real 4X4 we still can buy in Europe!
So yes, I am in full expectation to be able to drive the car!

Last edited:

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:38 PM
Reaction score
My criteria for my next vehicle were simplistic:

Must Have's:
* 6 cylinder diesel engine putting out 184Kw - straight six preferred.
* 8 spd ZF auto as it's what I have now and I love it.
* Live axles with coil springs that I can modify to suit my specific needs (try doing that with air springs)
* A 2 spd transfer case (many so called 4 wheel drives don't have it).
* Reliability and serviceability (my Land Rovers and Jeep have come home too often on a flat top)
* Relative simplicity but some luxury (auto climate control, electric windows and mirrors and a few other modern comforts)

I'd have to say there is very little choice for the above in Australia unless you have very deep pockets.

Pipm4000

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:38 AM
Reaction score
I have a 1983 V8 CSW as a third car. Every trip in it is an event. That’s what I liked about the Grenadier. You sit really high up and can enjoy the view on country lanes, no worries about the sharp road haunches and pot holes. It’s a car my spaniel can come in from day one and not mess up. It’s about slowing down a bit, taking the quiet way home. I like the towing capacity - so few cars can tow 3.5 tons. I like the fixed tow ball - simple and solid. I like the feeling its unstoppable. I like the square boot and big doors so you can sit on the boot lip. I’ve ordered the table and am looking forward to some car camping. I like the price, I’ve tried to look at alternatives - only really the defender and G Wagen. I like the door feel. Most of all I like it’s a bit different and with only 6000 per year to the UK will be a less common sight. Cant wait.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:38 AM
Reaction score
I have a 1983 V8 CSW as a third car. Every trip in it is an event. That’s what I liked about the Grenadier. You sit really high up and can enjoy the view on country lanes, no worries about the sharp road haunches and pot holes. It’s a car my spaniel can come in from day one and not mess up. It’s about slowing down a bit, taking the quiet way home. I like the towing capacity - so few cars can tow 3.5 tons. I like the fixed tow ball - simple and solid. I like the feeling its unstoppable. I like the square boot and big doors so you can sit on the boot lip. I’ve ordered the table and am looking forward to some car camping. I like the price, I’ve tried to look at alternatives - only really the defender and G Wagen. I like the door feel. Most of all I like it’s a bit different and with only 6000 per year to the UK will be a less common sight. Cant wait.
Thank you @Pipm4000 for your good view of things. I can no longer read the whining of some. I keep calm, do not annoy the people at Ineos and dealers and will soon drive through the beautiful countryside of Great Britain.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
…most of all, after all the grenadier ‘features’ and abilities I love, I like that it is a vehicle with character and integrity.

character can be so many things in a car, but all characterful cars put a smile on your face when you use them, year after year.

this car has integrity in several ways, and for me that adds a lot of enjoyment.
It has integrity of purpose, from conception to design and execution of the design. very rare.
The company has had integrity in designing it to really last, and be long term as easy/simple as it can, and this is also rare, and will reduce a line of profit that is essential for most car companies these days (the inkjet printer revenue model).
and despite delays, and a recent reduction in communication, they have dealt remarkably openly, and with intent to have integrity towards owners, from development phase, before sales, to their posture on information, manuals, service etc.
in short, they appear remarkably, refreshingly trustworthy. I hope they continue to live up to this.

I have been, and remain very impressed, and like all of us maddeningly impatient to drive away…. and away, into the sunset down bumbling 2 lane roads.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:38 PM
Reaction score
…most of all, after all the grenadier ‘features’ and abilities I love, I like that it is a vehicle with character and integrity.
Spot on. I’m equally impressed that they have managed to produce a vehicle which oozes character right out of the box. Normally it would take generations to develop. They’ve hit the right balance of piggybacking the original Defender’s undeniable character whilst still distancing Ineos as a brand from Land Rover.

Of course they are helped somewhat by the generic automotive landscape they are launching into.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Spot on. I’m equally impressed that they have managed to produce a vehicle which oozes character right out of the box. Normally it would take generations to develop. They’ve hit the right balance of piggybacking the original Defender’s undeniable character whilst still distancing Ineos as a brand from Land Rover.

Of course they are helped somewhat by the generic automotive landscape they are launching into.
I see as much G Wagon as i do Defender. There is also a hint of Ford and Toyota in the far front end. I would say the Gren looks sensational and to be honest, if it looks as good as I think it will with me driving around in it, then the RHD footrest disaster might have a blind eye turned against it!! :rolleyes:

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Which of these 3 fits the bill?

noun​

1. An occurrence causing widespread destruction and distress; a catastrophe.
  2. A grave misfortune.
  3. A total failure.

:p
2 - because I am giving them the benefit of the doubt here and this is about as good as they can do at Magna/IA!!!
3 - if/when people finally get to run a few 100km + trips and realise they have to choose between a Chiro booking, or a half tank fuel!!!
1 should not come in to play so long as 2nd hand market allows resale!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
3 - if/when people finally get to run a few 100km + trips and realise they have to choose between a Chiro booking, or a half tank fuel!!!
Wooever those people are 😁
I suspect you are going to struggle in the 60 and over club, come the day 😉

Back
Top Bottom