The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

On the Road - Initial Thoughts

MrJAT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:05 AM
Reaction score
OK, so some further initial thoughts. I've only done about 50 miles in it so far. The steering on the road is fine, but the turning circle for close quarters is not that tight. This is probably exacerbated by the number of turns lock to lock so you have to be quicker off the mark. I was warned to expect random spurious error messages and I have had three so far. Transmission warning, TPSM error and loss of signal to the tyre pressure sensors. Apparently these should be addressed with future software updates. I have also noticed there is vibration through the transmission at about 1900rpm. Has anyone else experienced this and does it ease off with more miles on the clock? Hoping once it is run in it will reduce a bit. Apart from that everything else is great.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have also noticed there is vibration through the transmission at about 1900rpm.
bloody hell that’s concerning 😳

AWo

Local time
11:05 AM
Reaction score
have also noticed there is vibration through the transmission at about 1900rpm. Has anyone else experienced this and does it ease off with more miles on the clock? Hoping once it is run in it will reduce a bit.
Vibrations tend to increase, not to decrease. Vibrations are/were also one of the issues which needed to be addressed by IA during the whole process.

I know that vibrations can become a real problem in regards of wear - except in one vehicle I know (yet). When you drive an unladen Land Rover 101 Forward Control while coasting you get really heavy vibrations and a loud noise from the front driveshaft entering the differential between 70 and 90 km/h. But that is quite normal. Many things have been tried to get rid of that - none works really. You just have to live with it or put weight into the vehicle. The vibration is due to the angle between the driveshaft and the differential.

Cheers
AWo

Last edited:

MrJAT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@MrJAT post above. Transmission warning light and vibration through the transmission at 1900rpm. 😳
I am not concerned about the warning light. Apparently it tends to come on when you turn the ignition on too quickly without letting the vehicle go through its sequence of checks. So pause between turning the ignition to position one and turning it over. The vibration is not that bad, just expected it to be smoother given everyones talk of how smooth and quiet it is.

Disco Dave

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:05 PM
Reaction score
Why, we like Gallons and British Gallons, not the smaller American variety. Bloody Europeans at it again!

Fly aircraft, and you refuel in Ibs (sometimes KGs), fly in feet and travel in Knots. Work that one out.....
It is worse than you realise. In Australia (a metric country) we refuel in litres, many aircraft still measure it in pounds (the fuel gauge) then we convert it to kilograms. Speed/distance in knots, but measure visibility in metres. Runway distance also metres, but, basic charts are in feet. Altitude always in feet, except mountain height is measured in metres. Plus altitude is actually different to height, altitude is a pressure measurement defined by the local atmospheric pressure, however that is only below 10,000 ft. A radar altimeter will give actual height above the ground. Thankfully most aircraft above 5,700 kg are fitted with one.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:05 AM
Reaction score
I have also noticed there is vibration through the transmission at about 1900rpm.

Is the vibration in the hands or the cuffs of your pants...hands usually mean front end and cuffs back end...wheel balances hopefully.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Is the vibration in the hands or the cuffs of your pants...hands usually mean front end and cuffs back end...wheel balances hopefully.
Sounds like a biker talking!
I feel it through my arse on one of my W108 Benzes!

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It is worse than you realise. In Australia (a metric country) we refuel in litres, many aircraft still measure it in pounds (the fuel gauge) then we convert it to kilograms. Speed/distance in knots, but measure visibility in metres. Runway distance also metres, but, basic charts are in feet. Altitude always in feet, except mountain height is measured in metres. Plus altitude is actually different to height, altitude is a pressure measurement defined by the local atmospheric pressure, however that is only below 10,000 ft. A radar altimeter will give actual height above the ground. Thankfully most aircraft above 5,700 kg are fitted with one.
I know, I was an FE on the TriStar and it was gauged in KG's but the UK Fastjets were in Ibs. At the end of the air to air refuel I had to give them their fuel in Ibs. Quick 2.2 x calculation. Once had a Jetplan (plog) in IBS that should have been in KG's (nearly caught us out).

As you said flying in feet, but when working for Cathay, over China in metres. Winds in metres per seconds in China, everywhere else in knots. Temps in Celsius and Fahrenheit. Visibility I'm Metres and Miles. Had to have your wits about you flying Boeing 747's worldwide.

Last edited:

Disco Dave

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I know, I was an FE on the TriStar and when gauged in KG's but the UK Fastjets were in Ibs. At the end of the air to air refuel I had to give them their fuel in Ibs. Quick 2.2 x calculation. Once had a Jetplan (plog) in Its that should have been in KG's (nearly caught us out).

As you flying in feet, but when working for Cathay, over China in metres. Winds in metres per seconds in China, everywhere else in knots. Temps in Celsius and Fahrenheit. Visibility I'm Metres and Miles. Had to have your wits about you flying in 747's worldwide.
It is actually amazing what you can adapt to. Yet converting mpg to l/100kms still does my head in. Prob because it is inverted.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:05 AM
Reaction score
Is it velocity related or engine revs related?

i.e: Does it always occur at around 1900 rpm regardless of gear and velocity?

Back
Top Bottom