The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

On the Road - Initial Thoughts

Arlette

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:26 AM
Reaction score
Took delivery Saturday of a Grenadier Utility Petrol and have now driven 170 miles home plus 30 miles locally. Key points:

1) Very smooth on the road - relaxing, quiet (no rattles and little wind or road noise) and easy to drive.
2) Steering as expected with its rugged old school design is in my view ‘spongy’ and requires concentration at high speed. Cornering is very good compared to G-Wagens and Landrovers. This doesn’t feel like driving a shed when you come to a chicane. I’ve yet to test the limits though.
3) Brakes are excellent
4) Vision is good through mirrors and side windows. Rear vision via door is poor as expected.
5) MPG of 24 on run of 170 miles at between 50 and 70 mph
6) “The Bulge under my left foot” - At over 6ft once I’d adjusted the steering and seat was fine - perhaps not perfect but not worth worrying about
7) Windscreen wipers - Not an issue
8) Engine - terrific - quiet, powerful and always responsive. Surprisingly nippy at overtaking (can’t believe I am saying that).
9) Door closure - these do not close gently and require a fair degree of effort as does the bonnet. As I discovered failure to close the door will prevent you from driving away
10) Warnings - the number of warnings appearing on central display is alarming at times.
11) Lack of central speedo - I think this is an improvement as your eyeliner is less cluttered. Speed is easily seen in central display
12) Rear loading bay - would have preferred rubber matting to slippy tray where anything lose slides around
13) Quality - I’m not into fine detail like some but panel gaps all look fine to me.

I am delighted with the vehicle although some of my options remain outstanding so will have to have these fitted at a later date. Given the Ineos story I can accept this especially as they seem to have created something special.

NB. My tips for the doubters, sign the contract, don’t change your order, pay when asked and be patient. You will ultimately be very very happy with your decision.

Paul Cooper

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Took delivery Saturday of a Grenadier Utility Petrol and have now driven 170 miles home plus 30 miles locally. Key points:

1) Very smooth on the road - relaxing, quiet (no rattles and little wind or road noise) and easy to drive.
2) Steering as expected with its rugged old school design is in my view ‘spongy’ and requires concentration at high speed. Cornering is very good compared to G-Wagens and Landrovers. This doesn’t feel like driving a shed when you come to a chicane. I’ve yet to test the limits though.
3) Brakes are excellent
4) Vision is good through mirrors and side windows. Rear vision via door is poor as expected.
6) “The Bulge under my left foot” - At over 6ft once I’d adjusted the steering and seat was fine - perhaps not perfect but not worth worrying about
8) Engine - terrific - quiet, powerful and always responsive. Surprisingly nippy at overtaking (can’t believe I am saying that).
9) Door closure - these do not close gently and require a fair degree of effort as does the bonnet. As I discovered failure to close the door will prevent you from driving away
10) Warnings - the number of warnings appearing on central display is alarming at times.
11) Lack of central speedo - I think this is an improvement as your eyeliner is less cluttered. Speed is easily seen in central display
12) Rear loading bay - would have preferred rubber matting to slippy tray where anything lose slides around
13) Quality - I’m not into fine detail like some but panel gaps all look fine to me.

I am delighted with the vehicle although some of my options remain outstanding so will have to have these fitted at a later date. Given the Ineos story I can accept this especially as they seem to have created something special.

NB. My tips for the doubters, sign the contract, don’t change your order, pay when asked and be patient. You will ultimately be very very happy with your decision.
Thanks for good summary.
Can I ask what options you are missing?

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:26 PM
Reaction score

3) Brakes are excellent

Got to be happy with the MPG, thanks for the feedback

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

3) Brakes are excellent

Great summary. I’m awaiting deliver of my two seat petrol utility. I’m impressed you got 24mpg on a long run especially in a new engine.
Can’t wait for mine. Fully paid up and waiting 👍🏼

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:26 AM
Reaction score

3) Brakes are excellent

Thank you for your summary. It is very much in line with my experience!

Arlette

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for good summary.
Can I ask what options you are missing?
Roof rails, Tow bar (recall issue), Sidesteps, Storage Net. My take on this is a supply issue but the agent doesn’t appear to know what’s missing. I took my order to collection and ticked everything off with the agent. The agent then wrote down what I thought was missing and will attempt to get the missing bits. Of course it’s disappointing but in todays world I’m not surprised and just so pleased to have the vehicle.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

3) Brakes are excellent

When you say warnings, is it the central screen or the “wand” sound? In mine, the wand sound will go off occasionally but I can’t understand why. If you don’t shut the rear doors properly it goes off be with a repeater message on the screen. The screen warning could do with being more visible as the red doesn’t really stand out.

also, have you got to grips with the functionality of the interface. The “off-road” one is the most interesting . Toggling between the temperature and statistics in particular..

Also, May I ask what is missing from yours?

Arlette

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
What warnings were you seeing on the central display?
As well as a cheeky message telling me to keep my eyes on the road a variety of warnings. Sometimes when it starts there are none and sometimes several. Ranging from something about the Emergency Call System to Power Steering. I resorted to the ages old trick of closing the windows, turning the engine off and rebooting. The warnings didn’t seem to have any connection to reality.

Eggenburg

Reservation Holder
Local time
12:26 PM
Reaction score

3) Brakes are excellent

Thanks for your great report - just ordered my Grenadier 3 days ago - regards from Austria…..

Arlette

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
When you say warnings, is it the central screen or the “wand” sound? In mine, the wand sound will go off occasionally but I can’t understand why. If you don’t shut the rear doors properly it goes off be with a repeater message on the screen. The screen warning could do with being more visible as the red doesn’t really stand out.

also, have you got to grips with the functionality of the interface. The “off-road” one is the most interesting . Toggling between the temperature and statistics in particular..

i think I answered this earlier but my erroneous warnings were on the central display. I have to admit to driving a few miles with a red bonnet signal repeatedly appearing. It was starting to annoy me as I thought it meant I was driving too close to the car in front. So I stopped and lo and behold the bonnet wasn’t fully closed - it also requires a good thump to close!

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
i think I answered this earlier but my erroneous warnings were on the central display. I have to admit to driving a few miles with a red bonnet signal repeatedly appearing. It was starting to annoy me as I thought it meant I was driving too close to the car in front. So I stopped and lo and behold the bonnet wasn’t fully closed - it also requires a good thump to close!
Cheers. I get a random “wand” noise and I’m sure I’ll work it out..

did your one get delivered with rear table and the rear seat dry box?

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:26 PM
Reaction score
As well as a cheeky message telling me to keep my eyes on the road a variety of warnings. Sometimes when it starts there are none and sometimes several. Ranging from something about the Emergency Call System to Power Steering. I resorted to the ages old trick of closing the windows, turning the engine off and rebooting. The warnings didn’t seem to have any connection to reality.
Many thanks @Arlette. If they don’t settle down then it sounds like there could be a case for another software update, given the random nature of the messages.

Arlette

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

N
Cheers. I get a random “wand” noise and I’m sure I’ll work it out..

did your one get delivered with rear table and the rear seat dry box?
Im missing table but got the box.

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had the same red bonnet sign when I drove away having picked it up, it took me 4 miles to work out what it was and did the same as you!

Arlette

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Many thanks @Arlette. If they don’t settle down then it sounds like there could be a case for another software update, given the random nature of the messages.
It could be and at this stage is probably user error - I’m generally impatient and don’t read manuals. Plus there was no technical handover Which suits me.

Arlette

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Yes - I’m getting to grips with the interface— sadly - let me know if you find an off switch - I’m just happy driving, before long the vehicle will be telling me my blood pressure and pulse.

Back
Top Bottom