The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Now Defenders want to look like Grenadiers 😁

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:10 PM
Reaction score
Not disagreeing with you but
You have just described 95% of the SUV's and 4WD's
  • Every Ford Ranger Raptor
  • The tricked out 35" tyres, lift kits, waste gate blasting, exhaust replaced piece of crap
  • Most dual cab utes
  • Any SUV on the roads at school pickup/dropoff times
Yes but, some Ranger Raptors owners have done some nice looking mods - I mean it's not an ugly car but I guess that's not really your point

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes but, some Ranger Raptors owners have done some nice looking mods - I mean it's not an ugly car but I guess that's not really your point
I think they look great and the Fox shocks certainly help with the shopping centre speed bumps.
Some of those can be savage

Last edited:

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:10 AM
Reaction score
@trobex Don't mind me with my poser car, got lost trying to find the local soccer field. Friend and I cross everywhere but couldn't find it. I'm all blue with FR rack and riding on 18 Wildpeaks AT3

View: https://youtu.be/O6g-cs8sWzY
Haha Americans actually like to use their 4x4s!!! Come to SEQLD (Australia) and you will want to drive people into the gutters!!! But that is a nicely manicured track you were on :LOL:
I am just angry - when I had to fork out $180 bucks for groceries and no reason for it being so high, to come out to carpark, see some P-Plate in a $170K car with the number plate "4MEE".
Am I getting more jaded and cynical as I age... I think so!

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:10 AM
Reaction score
He said daddy's boys!
Another term is "the lucky sperm club" i.e. born into a family where the need to work is not as great as you or!
You said 'work' then I laughed haha. There is no work for Daddy's boys - just flash that gifted C/C and don't ask 'how much'!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
You said 'work' then I laughed haha. There is no work for Daddy's boys - just flash that gifted C/C and don't ask 'how much'!
"not as great" can mean doesn't need to .
Poncing about like that rarely ends well, from what I have observed.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The ''New Defender" is quite honestly a bit of a w***'s poser car. The amount of daddy's boys that I have seen driving this in Bris/GC is mind boggling (P-Platers with too much cash from mum and dad or Real-estate agents...). Not one has seen a dirt track, hell probably not even a gravel road! I said it - I don't apologise and yes, I am generalising, but it annoys me. Even my BRIT mate who is a BIG Defender fan absolutely hates the new version to the point he won't admit that it is actually a Defender haha... funny bugger. Nothing will make the New Def anything like the GREN. Gren will succeed bigtime where Def cant.
Hmmm, most Monday’s to Friday’s I’ll be driving my Iggy into a CBD carpark wearing business clothes, and a lot of weekends it’ll just head around town taking me on non 4wd adventures. Maybe even to a cafe for brunch.
I suppose I’ll fit in with all these daddy’s boys in their Defenders. 😉

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:10 PM
Reaction score
Like many New Defenders, and people, mine will live mostly in the city too. One car is enough... so it must be multi-purpose.

Not that anyone needs to justify their choices to, or be judged by others

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
11:10 PM
Reaction score
Dissimilar metals...plain steel screws into aluminium railing. A stainless steel fastener is also problematic however, there are coatings available from a ship's chandlery to coat the stainless steel screw before it is fixed through the aluminium. The Ineos solution has probably addressed this with specially coated fasteners.
Tef-Gel works pretty well in this application.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
daddy boys ??

Are these very young men acting older or something?
We've just gone Mardi Gras in Sydney. I'm reasonably sure 'daddy boys' means something else...

edit: also note "the lucky sperm club" sounds like it would have good music, if you're into ~120bpm electronica

Last edited:

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
He said daddy's boys!
Another term is "the lucky sperm club" i.e. born into a family where the need to work is not as great as you or!
I always thought of such people as Trustafarisans ( wealthy & young with a post materialistic lifestyle & alternative lifestyle).

BTW: I just got a coffee, at Red Hill on Mornington Peninsula in Victoria.

Parked in front of me was a beautiful and quite dusty Defender 110, P525.

Had it been many rugged miles offroad over the weekend?

No. The rear door opened and the attractive 40 something women driver had 3 boxes of wine inside the rear cargo space.

A lifestyle SUV indeed!

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I always thought of such people as Trustafarisans ( wealthy & young with a post materialistic lifestyle & alternative lifestyle).

BTW: I just got a coffee, at Red Hill on Mornington Peninsula in Victoria.

Parked in front of me was a beautiful and quite dusty Defender 110, P525.

Had it been many rugged miles offroad over the weekend?

No. The rear door opened and the attractive 40 something women driver had 3 boxes of wine inside the rear cargo space.

A lifestyle SUV indeed!
well... some wineries do have gravel drives...and on wet days..well you can bever be too careful!:cool:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I lived off my daddy's handout when I was a young feller
He gave me two $20's and a $10 and a one way train ticket to Sydney
I was 15 (almost 16) and he had been working for 3 years at that age.
He told me his father went off to Europe at that age for some crazy reason

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
2:10 AM
Reaction score
Generalizations and stereotypes exist because there is often a correlation. There is also a reassuring element in belonging to one’s own tribe. Everything outside of that tribe can conveniently be disregarded as inferior. It’s also a lot of fun too. I’m as guilty as anyone in this regard and I take no offense when I’m on the other side. Hopefully, some time in 2024, I’ll be able to give you all a first hand comparison between the new Defender (Disco 5) P525, a new version G wagen, and the Grenadier. I would not be in line for the Grenadier if I didn’t think it stacked up favorably with the others. I might even sell the others, but I doubt it. No offense intended or taken. I will have paid for all three with my own hard-earned and overly taxed income too. No skinny jeans, fancy coffees, or cases of wine anywhere to be seen. Just a fifty something peckerwood living in the woods with too many cars.

Back
Top Bottom