The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Now Defenders want to look like Grenadiers 😁

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:59 PM
Reaction score
PowerfulUK a company that supplies some quite cool New Defender accessories is making a kit to add utility belt rails to the New Defender. How ironic 🤣53E286D2-D0D6-4BD2-AFB8-5D979CA2902F.jpeg

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
To my mind... the "MeToo utility belt" is located in the wrong place on the JLR product...wait for broken windows etc!
I think it bolts into fittings designed for their fold down ladder and their lunchbox thingy so might be ok

Last edited:

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I thought Ineos had a patent application on this?
Not sure how you could patent L-Track positioning. L-Track is widely used in all sorts of applications. The track itself may or may not be patented but pretty sure it’s positioning couldn’t be. They may have a trademark on the naming of it as utility belt when used on the exterior of a car though.

Steveo

Global Grenadier #1009
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not sure how you could patent L-Track positioning. L-Track is widely used in all sorts of applications. The track itself may or may not be patented but pretty sure it’s positioning couldn’t be. They may have a trademark on the naming of it as utility belt when used on the exterior of a car though.
And I'm not sure how LR could be in breach since it's PowerfulUK that's the accessory company.
I guess they can do what they like and offer accessories to fit wherever they (or the customer) like.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:59 PM
Reaction score
Watch the video to look at the various options to install it on a new Defender and issues and problems in doing so.

Also issues around how much weight it could take.

Good demo of how the new Defender has not really been designed for this.

View: https://youtu.be/uETr5MZ-qfc
Damn that's dodgy.
Tested to hold 1KG?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Also getting galvanic corrosion on the bolts quite quickly. Which does raise the question how have INEOS secured the track? View attachment 7803783
Dissimilar metals...plain steel screws into aluminium railing. A stainless steel fastener is also problematic however, there are coatings available from a ship's chandlery to coat the stainless steel screw before it is fixed through the aluminium. The Ineos solution has probably addressed this with specially coated fasteners.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I thought I remembered DCPU posting some blowups of how they were mounted
Found them 16th August 2022

uk-patent-application-gb2594system-dated-3rd-november-2021-6-jpg.7792332
uk-patent-application-gb2594system-dated-3rd-november-2021-7-jpg.7792333

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:59 PM
Reaction score
Powerful uk has been working on this for a while. It started with a mollie panel and then the L track. Both bolts where the ladder went.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:59 AM
Reaction score
The ''New Defender" is quite honestly a bit of a w***'s poser car. The amount of daddy's boys that I have seen driving this in Bris/GC is mind boggling (P-Platers with too much cash from mum and dad or Real-estate agents...). Not one has seen a dirt track, hell probably not even a gravel road! I said it - I don't apologise and yes, I am generalising, but it annoys me. Even my BRIT mate who is a BIG Defender fan absolutely hates the new version to the point he won't admit that it is actually a Defender haha... funny bugger. Nothing will make the New Def anything like the GREN. Gren will succeed bigtime where Def cant.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The ''New Defender" is quite honestly a bit of a w***'s poser car. The amount of daddy's boys that I have seen driving this in Bris/GC is mind boggling (P-Platers with too much cash from mum and dad or Real-estate agents...). Not one has seen a dirt track, hell probably not even a gravel road! I said it - I don't apologise and yes, I am generalising, but it annoys me. Even my BRIT mate who is a BIG Defender fan absolutely hates the new version to the point he won't admit that it is actually a Defender haha... funny bugger. Nothing will make the New Def anything like the GREN. Gren will succeed bigtime where Def cant.
Not disagreeing with you but
You have just described 95% of the SUV's and 4WD's
  • Every Ford Ranger Raptor
  • The tricked out 35" tyres, lift kits, waste gate blasting, exhaust replaced piece of crap
  • Most dual cab utes
  • Any SUV on the roads at school pickup/dropoff times

Back
Top Bottom