The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas North Texas Grenadier Owners Page

Texas Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:40 AM
Reaction score
Howdy Ya'll!

This group is to share and discuss the passion and common interest of The Ineos Grenadier Owners of North Texas.

Welcome to all Owners located in Texas, North Texas and any contiguous state with dealer support in North Texas.

Local time
Reaction score
Sewell now has two Grenadiers for test drive. I was able to take the Fieldmaster out with an Ineos associate for a 15 minute drive around the Legacy area and on the tollway. No reservation was needed.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:40 AM
Reaction score
Sewell now has two Grenadiers for test drive. I was able to take the Fieldmaster out with an Ineos associate for a 15 minute drive around the Legacy area and on the tollway. No reservation was needed.
How was your on road driving experience? Inquiring minds want to know. DaBull

Local time
Reaction score
The Fieldmaster was on par with my expectations. The BMW six was more than adequate to get it to 70 mph on the tollway with a ride that was reasonably quiet. Control was confident at speed, there is some body roll in corners but that was expected, and seating was comfortable. I felt like I was riding higher than an F-150 passing me. I could drive this all day.

Some things took a short time to get used to. Slower driving on surface streets will remind you that the steering requires a little more active participation from the driver since it doesn't recenter as easily as most cars. It took me two turns to get used to it but I imagine less vigilant or lazy drivers might be turned off by this. I like the visibility out the front but might want slightly more area with the sideview mirrors to cover the blind spots. I took no offense to the visibility offered by the rear view mirror. No gauge cluster in my direct field of view is novel but glancing left to get info from the infotainment screen is easy enough. It was a warm sunny day and the safari windows may have contributed to some of the heat in the cabin. The AC seemed to keep up with it and I expect aftermarket sun shades will be needed for the summer.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:40 AM
Reaction score
RHD demo? Otherwise glancing left won’t help w info screen. 🤣🤣🤣

Naturally I say this in jest.

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I also went to the dealership and met with Travis. The Trialmaster does ride well. I chose not to sign the release so I did not drive it. I was a little surprised that the release was a full six pages and basically relieved Ineos of any and all liability whatsoever, so I chose not to sing as they could literally tell me later (after purchase) that I waived my rights when I test drove it.

Super impressed with the vehicle. I have had Land Rovers and Toyotas. Currently driving a Land Cruiser (200).

Fidei Defensor

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
The Fieldmaster was on par with my expectations. The BMW six was more than adequate to get it to 70 mph on the tollway with a ride that was reasonably quiet. Control was confident at speed, there is some body roll in corners but that was expected, and seating was comfortable. I felt like I was riding higher than an F-150 passing me. I could drive this all day.

Some things took a short time to get used to. Slower driving on surface streets will remind you that the steering requires a little more active participation from the driver since it doesn't recenter as easily as most cars. It took me two turns to get used to it but I imagine less vigilant or lazy drivers might be turned off by this. I like the visibility out the front but might want slightly more area with the sideview mirrors to cover the blind spots. I took no offense to the visibility offered by the rear view mirror. No gauge cluster in my direct field of view is novel but glancing left to get info from the infotainment screen is easy enough. It was a warm sunny day and the safari windows may have contributed to some of the heat in the cabin. The AC seemed to keep up with it and I expect aftermarket sun shades will be needed for the summer.
easy fix https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0777JTJGJ/?tag=globalgrena0b-20

DrCrankn

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Check out the East Coast delivery schedule. 229 beauties landing, Brunswick Georgia, from 11/6 - 11/18. Was told the Grenadier would be held about 2wks to update and system check the vehicle. Rough estimate would be first week of December. List total shows 528 units arriving in November, via Brunswick, Baltimore and few via Tacom (12). Here's to new adventures!

Bigstein

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I went to Sewell a week ago and drove the Fieldmaster trim as well. I tell ya, I have not been this giddy about a vehicle since my CJ7 in high school. This thing checks all the boxes for me and can't wait to take delivery. Said production should be in January with expected delivery in April for my build. I think of vehicles as tools and keep them till the wheels fall off. This thing felt solid and substantial, so hoping that it holds up for many years of being babied and then abused depending on my location. There was nothing out in the wild that tripped my trigger like this thing did. They have all gone soft with the round curves of a car, when they needed to be squared off and be a real truck.

As others have said this is definitely a truck that needs you to actually drive the thing. Very hands on and needs some getting used to. Would not want to be distracted while driving, at least for me. Center stack for information will be an adjustment instead of gauges behind the wheel as normal. Safari windows were what I expected. They will need a screen for sure, so aftermarket should fill that need hopefully. Also will want a front grill/brush guard (Ranch Hand style). Won't own a truck or SUV without one.

Very excited for my Britannia Blue wagon with safari windows to hit my driveway.

BionicBrandon

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hey guys, my loaded up Eldoret Blue Fieldmaster (Rough Pack, High Load Electrical, etc) will be coming in this week, give or take. I'm thinking of re-ordering a down-spec'd basic stationwagon instead. For my uses, I think leather, safari windows, etc. isn't what I need. If anyone is thinking of jumping ahead in line, I could be convinced to work out a deal with Sewell. Just let me know!

DrCrankn

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Jason, with Sewell noted my Grenadier is on the truck heading this way. Hoping to pick it up this weekend! Received an email from Ineos regarding the trailer hitch and wiring issue. Not stopping delivery but can't tow until they have a fix in a couple of weeks. First trip will be north to Chicagoland.

Texas Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Jason, with Sewell noted my Grenadier is on the truck heading this way. Hoping to pick it up this weekend! Received an email from Ineos regarding the trailer hitch and wiring issue. Not stopping delivery but can't tow until they have a fix in a couple of weeks. First trip will be north to Chicagoland.
That’s awesome and great to hear that they are starting to transport the tow package vehicles!! I’m right behind you. Still waiting for mine but I’m told December delivery

Shroomy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I hear you I was told that I would be able to pick-up on Nov. 27th, but called Sewell on Monday and they said that it was not shipped up yet. Hopefully by the end of this week. I ordered MM with red ladder frame how about you?

Texas Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I hear you I was told that I would be able to pick-up on Nov. 27th, but called Sewell on Monday and they said that it was not shipped up yet. Hopefully by the end of this week. I ordered MM with red ladder frame how about you?
Tow package?

Texas Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry Shroomy, I didn't answer your question. I order a Inky Black Fieldmaster.

Back
Top Bottom